EOSERV Forum > Lounge 2.0 > How could we bring more people to join this community?
Page: << 1 2 3 >>
How could we bring more people to join this community?
Post #201582 Re: How could we bring more people to join this community?

New client :)?

7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201588 Re: How could we bring more people to join this community?
Sausage posted: (30th Nov 2016, 02:16 pm)

> I figured he'd be working on, or helping with a custom client by this point.

Don't discount that hope just yet! Though no promises.

I'm pretty sure this will have no effect on increasing or retaining the number of players of course.

I bet he owns all sausage related names
7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201589 Re: How could we bring more people to join this community?

That's such a saber thing to do :p

7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201591 Re: How could we bring more people to join this community?

Post nudes

Lots of nudes

preferably of snowball

*wink wink*

---
Insomniac:I like how in the lounges forum description sausage says "Bitches go crazy." and that's
exactly what you do!
Pixel artist | Mapping artist | Alternative artist | Heavenly Karma | oldbie | top 50  |
Attention whore | main player |
7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201600 Re: How could we bring more people to join this community?
Saber posted: (30th Nov 2016, 07:30 pm)

I'm pretty sure this will have no effect on increasing or retaining the number of players of course.

I officially claim any name that could be construed to refer to any processed meat product.
7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201602 Re: How could we bring more people to join this community?
Sausage posted: (1st Dec 2016, 12:22 pm)

I officially claim any name that could be construed to refer to any processed meat product.

Hi there SPAM :D! If you do complete the client how will you handle the hardcoded garbage and what what will you change?
7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201609 Re: How could we bring more people to join this community?

That's a bunch of Baloney right there.
7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201611 Re: How could we bring more people to join this community?
Saber posted: (1st Dec 2016, 07:17 pm)

Stop with the puns.. you butchered it.

---
stay tuned.
7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201622 Re: How could we bring more people to join this community?

Advertising and word of mouth. If you really want more folks that's the way to do it. Avoid Poland.

---
As a frost, WickedFrost, may the blossoms destroy, 
Lay waste in a night the fair hopes of the day; 
So the heart may be nipp'd, and be dead to all joy.
- Arne et al.
7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201625 Re: How could we bring more people to join this community?
insomniac posted: (1st Dec 2016, 05:07 pm)

Hi there SPAM :D! If you do complete the client how will you handle the hardcoded garbage and what what will you change?

The only particularly retarded hard-coded data tables I can think of are slashy effects and NPCs. I could stuff them in to unused pub file slots, but most likely I'll just download data tables from the same place it downloads graphics from (https://game.eoserv.net/eo2-atlas/html/)

The character rendering / animation offsets are staying in a nice big hard-coded table. There's really no practical use to being able to change them unless you're starting from scratch.

I had this future concept for letting GUI layout be defined by the server too: http://pastebin.com/raw/HqUyC9cC. That doesn't really let you add any new capabilities to the client though, just the ability to move buttons around and connect them to different actions.

Edit: Also there's very little chance anyone will be seeing the source code or be able to just connect the client to their own servers. Since it downloads all assets from a server (with the intention of releasing a web-based version), you'd have to set up your own for modified servers.

7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201627 Re: How could we bring more people to join this community?

Sweet can't wait to see this

7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201628 Re: How could we bring more people to join this community?
andrewbob1 posted: (1st Dec 2016, 07:19 pm)

Saber posted: (1st Dec 2016, 07:17 pm)

Stop with the puns.. you butchered it.

that's just not going to cut it
7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201629 Re: How could we bring more people to join this community?
Sausage posted: (2nd Dec 2016, 01:46 am)

The only particularly retarded hard-coded data tables I can think of are slashy effects and NPCs. I could stuff them in to unused pub file slots, but most likely I'll just download data tables from the same place it downloads graphics from (https://game.eoserv.net/eo2-atlas/html/)

The character rendering / animation offsets are staying in a nice big hard-coded table. There's really no practical use to being able to change them unless you're starting from scratch.

I had this future concept for letting GUI layout be defined by the server too: http://pastebin.com/raw/HqUyC9cC. That doesn't really let you add any new capabilities to the client though, just the ability to move buttons around and connect them to different actions.

Edit: Also there's very little chance anyone will be seeing the source code or be able to just connect the client to their own servers. Since it downloads all assets from a server (with the intention of releasing a web-based version), you'd have to set up your own for modified servers.

I'd love to see more information about this.
---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201630 Re: How could we bring more people to join this community?
Sausage posted: (2nd Dec 2016, 01:46 am)

Nice! Open source or not it sounds good.Allthough in my opinion an open source client from you would put a nice spark back in EOSERV I dont blame you for not wanting to share the source.

I was thinking about redoing my client some of the code is garbage and I think I want to change all the GUI. I'm not to much for the layout of the ingame GUI.. I think I want pop out tabs on the frame and the pop out window's to be transparent. I also recently added game pad support which gave EO a neat feeling.. the only downfall there is tryimg to type with 1 hand but in battle its in my opinion better than useing keys. I will prolly add touch screen support but since I dont have my tablet atm I'm not to worried about it.
7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201639 Re: How could we bring more people to join this community?

That was a surprising response. :o

Not that you care, but I wasn't in any way implying that you were obligated to make a custom client..
I just assumed you of all people would have the greatest interest and expertise in doing so. =d

Anyways, would be great to see more info about it later on like others have said!
I'd love to see it open source eventually, but I understand either way. Would still be pretty nice to finally have a new unrestricted client, open source or not.

---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
7 years, 20 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 >>

EOSERV Forum > Lounge 2.0 > How could we bring more people to join this community?