EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Offline server, which eo should I use? Help?
Page: << 1 >>
Offline server, which eo should I use? Help?
Post #201316 Offline server, which eo should I use? Help?

So I loved this game back in the day. it's sad that it was taken down as it was my favorite game. There was over 300 people last time I played the game.

I want to recreate that nostalgia without having to play on someones server. I would love to just hop on it whenever and have the freedom of just doing whatever. 

I'm just a player, have never made a server, and would just like to know or be pointed to a thread explaining what I need to do in order for this to happen.

I've tried looking but I haven't been able to find an offline version. Then there's things like eoserv, eosource, seose. Which one should I use? 

Thank you kindly.

7 years, 25 weeks ago
Post #201317 Re: Offline server, which eo should I use? Help?

All you really need to do is get some pub files, the EO client, and EOSERV. Set up EOSERV to run on your computer and start it up, then change the server you're connecting to in your client's config to localhost or 127.0.0.1 and you're good to go. You'll be running the server on your computer and only you will have access to it unless you set it up to be public. You don't need an active internet connection to use it once you've got it downloaded.

---
May he now rest under aegis of mirage -
As the sands slowly turn to Elysian fields
7 years, 25 weeks ago
Post #201343 Re: Offline server, which eo should I use? Help?

Syran that sounds complicated. What do I do with the pub files?

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 24 weeks ago
Post #201346 Re: Offline server, which eo should I use? Help?

I already created a thread asking for the EO files wit eoserv. so when someone posts them I tink many people will be happy, Eosource is so simple a 5 year of old could use it but it is a closed source so it's shit. eoserv is open so it is perfect. the only problem is writing the files. but we all know how eo was so if someone can share the written files we can all learn from there off them, Also it would be awesome if some can post a fishing/mining/wood cutting script xD but I wont hold y breath on those lol

7 years, 24 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Offline server, which eo should I use? Help?