EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Problem with questing.
Page: << 1 >>
Problem with questing.
Post #201309 Problem with questing.

I am trying to add in some quests for players between certain level brackets(Ie. 10,20 or  20,30) But I seem to be running into an issue with the quest.  If i understand this correct the rule should be :

rule    StatLess(level, 10)  goto killed

The quest should see this and a person who is under level 10 should be sent to the proper state, But I am getting this error :

[ERR] Syntax Error: Expected function-argument in function-argument-list. Got: identifier 'level' (Line 26)

7 years, 24 weeks ago
Post #201318 Re: Problem with questing.

I'm not in any way the best programmer, but that means your syntax is incorrect. level does not exist. You need to figure out where that statement is defined and use the proper syntax for level. It could be lvl, or it could be just (10).

Like I said though I've not looked at this in years and cannot offer you a definite solution, but the error is telling you that "level" is not recognized (meaning that it doesn't exist)

7 years, 24 weeks ago
Post #201321 Re: Problem with questing.
xsepx posted: (8th Nov 2016, 04:14 pm)

I'm not in any way the best programmer, but that means your syntax is incorrect. level does not exist. You need to figure out where that statement is defined and use the proper syntax for level. It could be lvl, or it could be just (10).

Like I said though I've not looked at this in years and cannot offer you a definite solution, but the error is telling you that "level" is not recognized (meaning that it doesn't exist)

I don't think this is in the default Eoserv build and if it is, it must've been added more recently that I don't know about; although it wouldn't be to hard to add this as past rev's have already released this type code, even ranging from wood cutting level, fishing, mining and ect.

If you wouldn't know how to get around to doing such a thing, you can always read up on the wiki or just use someone else's rev (I hate suggesting it, but I think Eosource has this in it's quest syntax.)

7 years, 24 weeks ago
Post #201400 Re: Problem with questing.

oi, Sausage. Both your code and this error are incredibly cryptic to the average person.

Also, this thread caused me to spend a solid hour poking through articles about lexers, parsers, and tokens. The modern EOPlus is quite attractive internally. (Even if it probably should be commented to hell with the way it reads.)

EDIT: This is a longshot, but one of your states wouldn't happen to be named "level", would it?

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
7 years, 24 weeks ago
Post #201402 Re: Problem with questing.

Put level in quotation marks and it should work. 

7 years, 24 weeks ago
Post #201403 Re: Problem with questing.

Thank you for all of your input..Rewriting the rule with StatLess("level", 10) instead of StatLess(level, 10) worked :)

7 years, 24 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Problem with questing.