EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Idea for Skilled Combat (PVP & PVE) System
Page: << 1 >>
Idea for Skilled Combat (PVP & PVE) System
Post #201283 Idea for Skilled Combat (PVP & PVE) System

I came up with this idea last night, and is only one out of many more. 

The idea: Warriors have a "charge" skill, so when they are heading towards their enemy to attack them, only if exactly 3 tiles away, they can press a charge skill which will increase the speed to make it look they're actually charging, and then upon hitting the enemy they will do critical damage, and then be able to press CTRL to attack them, so it's kind of like a quick attack that does good damage. 

To combat this, I was thinking of a couple things: 

(1) Dash skill, where the player can dash forward 1 tile so that the enemy is too close to use the charge command; I.E if the enemy is 2 tiles away when using the charge command, it will not work. 

(2) Shield wall, so basically right when the enemy uses the charge skill, you can use "shield wall" which will not only make the enemies hit miss completely but also stun them giving you one free shot on them. 

This adds skill to PVP, and the need for people to use skills quickly in order to defeat their opponents. 
So is it possible? 

7 years, 25 weeks ago
Post #201285 Re: Idea for Skilled Combat (PVP & PVE) System

Moving the player doesn't work properly on the EO client. It ends up either shifting the camera out of place or having the screen flash black and everything reload with a warp.

If it was possible it still wouldn't work well without the client's help because of the latency between pressing the button and the player moving on the client, meaning they could press it then try walk forward and have to get bumped back (or end up inside the monster).

Also it would be really awkward trying to do anything fast-paced with the keyboard in an isometric tile-based game.

7 years, 25 weeks ago
Post #201335 Re: Idea for Skilled Combat (PVP & PVE) System

The EO client is very limited. you can 't do major changed like your asking to it. what your asking is really that players would be able to speed " like using "xspeed" at will, but that's not possible without giving them full access to speeding anytime they want and you would need  older version of the EO client I believe.

7 years, 25 weeks ago
Post #201905 Re: Idea for Skilled Combat (PVP & PVE) System
Sausage posted: (5th Nov 2016, 06:56 pm)

Moving the player doesn't work properly on the EO client. It ends up either shifting the camera out of place or having the screen flash black and everything reload with a warp.

If it was possible it still wouldn't work well without the client's help because of the latency between pressing the button and the player moving on the client, meaning they could press it then try walk forward and have to get bumped back (or end up inside the monster).

Also it would be really awkward trying to do anything fast-paced with the keyboard in an isometric tile-based game.

Do you think there could be a "scout" feature, where players could scout to see what's ahead on the map? Such as NPC's, players, or parts of the map? They could hop onto a tower, and then have this camera move in the direction they are looking? That would be cool. I dont think it would show NPC's or players though
7 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #201907 Re: Idea for Skilled Combat (PVP & PVE) System
lolss posted: (24th Dec 2016, 05:29 pm)

Do you think there could be a "scout" feature, where players could scout to see what's ahead on the map? Such as NPC's, players, or parts of the map? They could hop onto a tower, and then have this camera move in the direction they are looking? That would be cool. I dont think it would show NPC's or players though

Could always make a 'scout' npc that walks in the direction until hitting a wall or getting attacked then turning around and reporting to the player? Something like that should be fairly easy to add.
7 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #201908 Re: Idea for Skilled Combat (PVP & PVE) System
callum posted: (24th Dec 2016, 05:44 pm)

Could always make a 'scout' npc that walks in the direction until hitting a wall or getting attacked then turning around and reporting to the player? Something like that should be fairly easy to add.

Oh that's a good idea. I mostly got the idea from wanting to have a PVP server, but I probably wont even pursue that anymore until EO has a custom client. Yeah that would be cool. By report back, you mean through chat/PM/server announcement?
7 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #201909 Re: Idea for Skilled Combat (PVP & PVE) System
lolss posted: (24th Dec 2016, 05:45 pm)

callum posted: (24th Dec 2016, 05:44 pm)

Oh that's a good idea. I mostly got the idea from wanting to have a PVP server, but I probably wont even pursue that anymore until EO has a custom client. Yeah that would be cool. By report back, you mean through chat/PM/server announcement?

Could make the NPC die and give a sort of last report, or you could make the NPC walk back, wouldn't be to hard I'd imagine.. 

I'd play a pvp sever depending what it was like.. if it had more to it than just PVP and losing all your items on death.. Maybe let players choose what clan/guild they wanna join and let them fight without segregating them in different town maps? be cool to have different story/quest lines too.

7 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #201911 Re: Idea for Skilled Combat (PVP & PVE) System

I've managed to code a forced movement feature but it's hacky since the camera just flashes forward to the space they move to instead of gradually moving along with the player. Still, probably the best that can be done with the client. ;.; I used the packets for getting up from a bench for moving the camera. :P
7 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #201914 Re: Idea for Skilled Combat (PVP & PVE) System

You could use the skill features (f1 etc) to act as a buff/skill so it raises evasion, along with strength buffs for attacks and aoe skills

---
Hail Satan!
7 years, 18 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Idea for Skilled Combat (PVP & PVE) System