EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO
Page: << 1 2 >>
Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO
Post #201262 Re: Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO
lolss posted: (3rd Nov 2016, 03:33 am)

callum posted: (3rd Nov 2016, 01:34 am)

lolss posted: (3rd Nov 2016, 01:13 am)

Evildark posted: (2nd Nov 2016, 09:10 pm)

You fags still on here arguing?

1. Lolls or whatever, you've made countless numbers of servers and you have given up on all of them like a child. It's almost like you have a short attention span. Instead of wasting your time working on something not finished, how about you make a server with "features", that you're talking about instead of giving up all the time . 

2.Panda: Leave Lolls alone. It makes you look worse than he's looking by responding to all of his topics that you deem are "ignorant" or whatever you said. 

In the end, EO is dead until someone makes a client. it's obvious that majority of you don't have alot of friends in real life or else they'd be playing your server instead of you posting on here 24/7.

On topic before Apollo brings his sensitive ass on here to try and rate someone: You're absolutely right Lolls. Servers do need more features . What a nice idea!!

Every single server owner has given up on their servers. So you are saying I have a short attention span but none other?

I'm not trying to argue with you but you're wrong, can you imagine the dedication it takes to run a game for nearly 8 years? And to put up with all the ddoss and other attacks, not to mention people constantly slagging servers (and owners) off?

Just because they don't dedicate every living moment to their game doesn't mean they've given up does it?

Every good server that was more than a hack and slash private server with 10x EXP has failed. 

It all depends on your level of "Failed". If even just 1 person played my server I would consider it a successful server! 
7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201263 Re: Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO

---
Tire me.
7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201264 Re: Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO
Mouse posted: (3rd Nov 2016, 01:37 pm)

If we still had the player rating for all users that'd be a +1 from me, lmao.
---
Something I do instead of sleeping
7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201265 Re: Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO
WickedFrost posted: (3rd Nov 2016, 03:32 am)

Pretty sure a new client has been argued before. Years ago.

EO needs to be ported to a smartphone. If you want to make significant money create an android and ios client.

Create new graphics. Give it a new name. Lose the stink of old EO players by not telling anyone about it.

Profit.

We'll see if 5g is any better, but given there is simply not a solid connection over cell networks you probably won't see a real mmorpg in your lifetime. There are still too many PC gamers to just turf the idea of a client that can actually be expanded on. Sorry but Android and iOS iare just for quick 99 cent games that parents impulse buy to quiet their screaming two year olds. I would not be opposed to a supporting a gimmick app based on EO or similar to it, just not mmorpg.
7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201266 Re: Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO

1. Lolls or whatever, you've made countless numbers of servers and you have given up on all of them like a child. It's almost like you have a short attention span. Instead of wasting your time working on something not finished, how about you make a server with "features", that you're talking about instead of giving up all the time . 

2.Panda: Leave Lolls alone. It makes you look worse than he's looking by responding to all of his topics that you deem are "ignorant" or whatever you said. 

In the end, EO is dead until someone makes a client. it's obvious that majority of you don't have alot of friends in real life or else they'd be playing your server instead of you posting on here 24/7.

On topic before Apollo brings his sensitive ass on here to try and rate someone: You're absolutely right Lolls. Servers do need more features . What a nice idea!!

Every single server owner has given up on their servers. So you are saying I have a short attention span but none other?

Endless Edge game.endless-edge.com 8078 3 Online
United StatesEndless Online Plus game.eo-plus.com 8078 8 Online
United StatesFallen Evolution
hidden 8078 42 Online
United StatesBones Underground bones-underground.mooo.com 8078 12 Online
Take a look at that. 3 servers that have been around for years are still up, so no, not every server owner has gave up. You're the only person I know whose consistently worked on a server, gotten upset at it, and gave up. You're not consistent and you lack the dedication it takes to continue making one. 
---
My skins dying because you're under it-
I’m done lying to myself for this.
For all the wonder in believing man it’s making me weak-
I’ll fade away & classify myself as Obsolete!
7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201267 Re: Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO

lol

---
stay tuned.
7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201268 Re: Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO

After 1000's of hours of working on my client it sits there about 75% done. Why? The hardcoded shit Vult-R has built into the client is pretty immense. Its like show me the $$ I dedicated myself and took time away from my family for far to long to continue production at the rate I was. So realy for me it boils down to $ a project of this scale and not seeing 1 dime. I never even had the time to play EO or any private servers that I spent time away from my family adding code to.Everything I've done with EOSERV is for others to enjoy learn and profit from. I still have the client files incase I feel like continueing production and its in a very good place to resume.

I do think like you said in the original post "Team" if there was a team on the client project it would go very smooth!

Like I said $ talks get enough green backs together and you could prolly convince Sausage to make a client :D!!

7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201271 Re: Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO

A GoFundMe for an eo client.. lmao. Obviously kidding..

---
Something I do instead of sleeping
7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201280 Re: Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO
Evildark posted: (3rd Nov 2016, 04:47 pm)

Endless Edge game.endless-edge.com 8078 3 Online
United StatesEndless Online Plus game.eo-plus.com 8078 8 Online
United StatesFallen Evolution
hidden 8078 42 Online
United StatesBones Underground bones-underground.mooo.com 8078 12 Online
Take a look at that. 3 servers that have been around for years are still up, so no, not every server owner has gave up. You're the only person I know whose consistently worked on a server, gotten upset at it, and gave up. You're not consistent and you lack the dedication it takes to continue making one. 

Maybe making EO servers just isn't for me, but I'm still passionate about the continuing of the game, ever thought about that? Doesn't make me a bad person. 3 servers isn't very much compared to how active the community used to be. The diversity of servers is what made this community so addicting. 
7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201294 Re: Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO

lol

---
CN:BH 4 lyfe
7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201305 Re: Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO
Apollo posted: (3rd Nov 2016, 02:56 pm)

We'll see if 5g is any better, but given there is simply not a solid connection over cell networks you probably won't see a real mmorpg in your lifetime. There are still too many PC gamers to just turf the idea of a client that can actually be expanded on. Sorry but Android and iOS iare just for quick 99 cent games that parents impulse buy to quiet their screaming two year olds. I would not be opposed to a supporting a gimmick app based on EO or similar to it, just not mmorpg.

EO is an incredibly basic proposal that would fit a mobile platform. There would be ways to scale it for bandwidth. I don't see how something that could run on a basic Pentium in 2004 couldn't port to a phone.
---
As a frost, WickedFrost, may the blossoms destroy, 
Lay waste in a night the fair hopes of the day; 
So the heart may be nipp'd, and be dead to all joy.
- Arne et al.
7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201306 Re: Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO
WickedFrost posted: (7th Nov 2016, 05:29 pm)

EO is an incredibly basic proposal that would fit a mobile platform. There would be ways to scale it for bandwidth. I don't see how something that could run on a basic Pentium in 2004 couldn't port to a phone.

I could probably list infinite reasons why this is bad, but I will give you two. Try running EO thru a cell phone hot spot. You will definitely experience a lot of lag and horrible ping even with great signal. The next reason is game controls get screwed. You lose the ease of a physical keyboard and mouse for solid touch screen. Take those two things into consideration and the fact that even the biggest game companies haven't really dived into anything massively multi-player and for good reason. Why would anyone want to opt for a dummied down port when a polished PC version could be built instead? Oh and a bonus third reason, remember what Pokemon Go did to cell phone battery charges. It just isn't worth developing. 
7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201307 Re: Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO
Apollo posted: (7th Nov 2016, 07:52 pm)

I could probably list infinite reasons why this is bad, but I will give you two. Try running EO thru a cell phone hot spot. You will definitely experience a lot of lag and horrible ping even with great signal. The next reason is game controls get screwed. You lose the ease of a physical keyboard and mouse for solid touch screen. Take those two things into consideration and the fact that even the biggest game companies haven't really dived into anything massively multi-player and for good reason. Why would anyone want to opt for a dummied down port when a polished PC version could be built instead? Oh and a bonus third reason, remember what Pokemon Go did to cell phone battery charges. It just isn't worth developing. 

Companies even Nexon themselves have tried to port MMORPG's to mobile, but not many have succeeded in that goal of staying alive. MMO's usually don't strive on correct positioning such as the MOBA genre which would be really hard to pull off on mobile platforms. Although if there is a will there is a way and I solely believe that you can pull anything off as long as you're smart enough and innovative enough to do it, but I mean even saying that why would we need to port EO to mobile... I mean I'm not going get into legal issues, but beyond that we don't even have a open source client yet (Unity, which @ethanmoffat is working on with his client can be ported to mobile for a side thought; aswell as mac, linux and windows.)
7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201314 Re: Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO

Game died due to a lack of fucks given by the staff. Nothing more.

At least we have several people who have done a lot for the remaining community to keep it going. 

---
Former multi-server mapper.
7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201342 Re: Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO
Apollo posted: (7th Nov 2016, 07:52 pm)

Are you kidding?!

I played eoplus on my friends netbook in the car while he drove using my cell phones hotspot because eo is insanely low on bandwidth if there are no group spells and aoe involved. It used like 30mb of data for an hour.

Alright, ping wasn't very good, maybe 500-700ms, but I'm pretty sure that was the average ping on my internet connection to main back in 08' anyways. It was playable though definitely.
---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 21 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO