EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO
Page: << 1 2 >>
Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO
Post #201246 Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO

EO doesn't have outdated or shitty graphics. Trying to edit all the graphics, or adding massive amounts of more graphics isn't making people more attracted to the game. Though they are nice assets and very beautiful creations, they aren't what drive players to play this game. 

The original EO graphics are pretty vast as they are, there are large varieties, and the original graphics, sounds, and music of this game are what make this game so fucking nostalgic and addictive. 

People left because the hackers were everywhere, they ruined the economy, the gameplay, but the hackers came for good reasons. The features of this game are too limited. If this client was updated then the new features to come, while keeping the original graphics, would completely revolutionize this game. Better character movement, better skills and attacking, more real-time quests, and just more real MMO features would make this game so much better. 

I seriously wonder why everyone in this community spend so much time on other things instead of creating a custom client. It's not the client layout that's wrong, it's the limitations that the client has. 

7 years, 22 weeks ago
Post #201247 Re: Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO

Going to start a petition to get your forum name changed to Captain Obvious.

---
Something I do instead of sleeping
7 years, 22 weeks ago
Post #201248 Re: Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO
PANDAMONIOM posted: (1st Nov 2016, 06:03 am)

lmfao
---
7 years, 22 weeks ago
Post #201249 Re: Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO

Clearly it's not obvious. If it was, then it would be discussed more and worked on
7 years, 22 weeks ago
Post #201250 Re: Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO
lolss posted: (1st Nov 2016, 04:43 pm)

Clearly it's not obvious. If it was, then it would be discussed more and worked on

Off topic: Lolss, Every time I think that you can't get any dumber you say something and prove me wrong.

on topic: You act like people can just shit out a new client or even have interest in spending their time making their own client when most don't. A few already exist and multiple have been worked on that you have obviously missed still living under your rock.

Some of the clients people have started/dropped/postponed/discontinued/etc: Sordie's Kalandra, Apollo's EE 2, Endless Online Remake (EOR), Rena's Server, Project EO

---
7 years, 22 weeks ago
Post #201251 Re: Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO
PANDAMONIOM posted: (1st Nov 2016, 05:13 pm)

Off topic: Lolss, Every time I think that you can't get any dumber you say something and prove me wrong.

on topic: You act like people can just shit out a new client or even have interest in spending their time making their own client when most don't. A few already exist and multiple have been worked on that you have obviously missed still living under your rock.

Some of the clients people have started/dropped/postponed/discontinued/etc: Sordie's Kalandra, Apollo's EE 2, Endless Online Remake (EOR), Rena's Server, Project EO

Every time I think not everyone in this community is a low-life faggot with communication skills of an autistic child, someone like you comes along and proves me wrong/
7 years, 22 weeks ago
Post #201252 Re: Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO

It really is very obvious, there have been a couple promising clients that have been released into the community with a large chunk of the coding already completed. But that's just not good enough for people as it doesn't come in a box with a tag saying "click me", I'm sure that if you look through the forums you can find them. (I believe Andrewbob recently reposted Effans client)

It's also worth pointing out that Apollo recently made some very interesting points arguing against Elevations in one of the player count topics saying about how he was able to keep EE at the top of the SLN for awhile by simply adding new server-side features. It might have been during when all servers were lacking features, but I'm sure there's more people can do with the vanilla client.

7 years, 22 weeks ago
Post #201253 Re: Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO
callum posted: (2nd Nov 2016, 01:19 am)

It really is very obvious, there have been a couple promising clients that have been released into the community with a large chunk of the coding already completed. But that's just not good enough for people as it doesn't come in a box with a tag saying "click me", I'm sure that if you look through the forums you can find them. (I believe Andrewbob recently reposted Effans client)

It's also worth pointing out that Apollo recently made some very interesting points arguing against Elevations in one of the player count topics saying about how he was able to keep EE at the top of the SLN for awhile by simply adding new server-side features. It might have been during when all servers were lacking features, but I'm sure there's more people can do with the vanilla client.

There is absolutely more that people could be doing with the vanilla client to draw in players. The only reason my work is any fun is because I get to push boundaries for the hell of it.
---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
7 years, 22 weeks ago
Post #201255 Re: Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO
lolss posted: (2nd Nov 2016, 01:04 am)

PANDAMONIOM posted: (1st Nov 2016, 05:13 pm)

Every time I think not everyone in this community is a low-life faggot with communication skills of an autistic child, someone like you comes along and proves me wrong/

What you don't seem to realize, and likely never will, is that people don't want to code, or learn to code, so they can make their own client or even want to put forth the effort to make updates that aren't half ass'd or worse to a client that is spoon feed to them ready to go as soon as it's extracted.

People just want to use something pre-made that they have to put no effort into and make a game with shitty content that offers nothing remotely close to playable. Those who do want a client like this usually don't know how or where to begin let alone how to code it. People who know how to do what they want to do and do it are far and few in-between. Even then most of those people give up as there is a lack of support or drive to continue with let alone finish such a project.

If you want to be ignorant as can be and make posts and threads that have no back bone then go for it. I'm no longer going to humor you with responses to your "posts" on this thread.

---
7 years, 22 weeks ago
Post #201256 Re: Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO

You fags still on here arguing?

1. Lolls or whatever, you've made countless numbers of servers and you have given up on all of them like a child. It's almost like you have a short attention span. Instead of wasting your time working on something not finished, how about you make a server with "features", that you're talking about instead of giving up all the time . 

2.Panda: Leave Lolls alone. It makes you look worse than he's looking by responding to all of his topics that you deem are "ignorant" or whatever you said. 

In the end, EO is dead until someone makes a client. it's obvious that majority of you don't have alot of friends in real life or else they'd be playing your server instead of you posting on here 24/7.

On topic before Apollo brings his sensitive ass on here to try and rate someone: You're absolutely right Lolls. Servers do need more features . What a nice idea!!

---
My skins dying because you're under it-
I’m done lying to myself for this.
For all the wonder in believing man it’s making me weak-
I’ll fade away & classify myself as Obsolete!
±0 Don't blame the rule enforcer, blame the rule breaker. --Apollo 7 years, 22 weeks ago
Post #201257 Re: Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO
Evildark posted: (2nd Nov 2016, 09:10 pm)

1. Lolls or whatever, you've made countless numbers of servers and you have given up on all of them like a child. It's almost like you have a short attention span. Instead of wasting your time working on something not finished, how about you make a server with "features", that you're talking about instead of giving up all the time . 

2.Panda: Leave Lolls alone. It makes you look worse than he's looking by responding to all of his topics that you deem are "ignorant" or whatever you said. 

In the end, EO is dead until someone makes a client. it's obvious that majority of you don't have alot of friends in real life or else they'd be playing your server instead of you posting on here 24/7.

On topic before Apollo brings his sensitive ass on here to try and rate someone: You're absolutely right Lolls. Servers do need more features . What a nice idea!!

Every single server owner has given up on their servers. So you are saying I have a short attention span but none other?
7 years, 22 weeks ago
Post #201258 Re: Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO
lolss posted: (3rd Nov 2016, 01:13 am)

Every single server owner has given up on their servers. So you are saying I have a short attention span but none other?

I'm not trying to argue with you but you're wrong, can you imagine the dedication it takes to run a game for nearly 8 years? And to put up with all the ddoss and other attacks, not to mention people constantly slagging servers (and owners) off?

Just because they don't dedicate every living moment to their game doesn't mean they've given up does it?

7 years, 22 weeks ago
Post #201259 Re: Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO

Uh...
---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
7 years, 22 weeks ago
Post #201260 Re: Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO

Pretty sure a new client has been argued before. Years ago.

EO needs to be ported to a smartphone. If you want to make significant money create an android and ios client.

Create new graphics. Give it a new name. Lose the stink of old EO players by not telling anyone about it.

Profit.

---
As a frost, WickedFrost, may the blossoms destroy, 
Lay waste in a night the fair hopes of the day; 
So the heart may be nipp'd, and be dead to all joy.
- Arne et al.
7 years, 22 weeks ago
Post #201261 Re: Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO
callum posted: (3rd Nov 2016, 01:34 am)

I'm not trying to argue with you but you're wrong, can you imagine the dedication it takes to run a game for nearly 8 years? And to put up with all the ddoss and other attacks, not to mention people constantly slagging servers (and owners) off?

Just because they don't dedicate every living moment to their game doesn't mean they've given up does it?

Every good server that was more than a hack and slash private server with 10x EXP has failed. 
7 years, 22 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Features beat pixels, the reason why EO failed IMO