EOSERV Forum > Lounge 2.0 > Found my ancient laptop
Page: << 1 >>
Found my ancient laptop
Post #201233 Found my ancient laptop

So I found my ancient laptop that I used to code and host my old EO server. If I find any cool screenshots or anything, I'll post them here if anyone wants them. I think all the data should still be on it, I don't remember formatting it at all.

---
May he now rest under aegis of mirage -
As the sands slowly turn to Elysian fields
7 years, 22 weeks ago
Post #201272 Re: Found my ancient laptop

ok thx

7 years, 22 weeks ago
Post #201273 Re: Found my ancient laptop
Mello posted: (4th Nov 2016, 12:59 am)

ok thx

Yeah cause you're cool shitposting a dead topic from 3 days ago.

Ontopic tho, I think it'd be cool to see any crazy/interesting work you were working on!

7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201274 Re: Found my ancient laptop

Update, shipment on the charger was a bit delayed but it came in today. Did a basic skim of my laptop, I do in fact have my old server build, along with backups of the player data from it and everything. I also have tons of screenshots saved from EO ranging from mid to end of 2009. When I booted it up, Ubuntu threw a message saying that since it hadn't been booted up in 1933 days (holy fucking shit) that it had to do a forced disk check. I'm still going through everything, I'll update this post when I have some stuff to put up here.

---
7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201275 Re: Found my ancient laptop
Syran posted: (4th Nov 2016, 09:06 am)

Update, shipment on the charger was a bit delayed but it came in today. Did a basic skim of my laptop, I do in fact have my old server build, along with backups of the player data from it and everything. I also have tons of screenshots saved from EO ranging from mid to end of 2009. When I booted it up, Ubuntu threw a message saying that since it hadn't been booted up in 1933 days (holy fucking shit) that it had to do a forced disk check. I'm still going through everything, I'll update this post when I have some stuff to put up here.

That's beyond exciting; I can't wait for stuff ranging from 2009 to be posted, doesn't even feel that long ago honestly.
7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201281 Re: Found my ancient laptop

Good stuff! I hope you get to post some nostalgia! 

7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201304 Re: Found my ancient laptop

Any update?

---
stay tuned.
7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201339 Re: Found my ancient laptop

every time I see this thread I drool over the potential of it having laptop specs, but they are no where to be found!

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201341 Re: Found my ancient laptop

YOU HAVE EDE ??? :O,,,,,, Post all you got homie xD

7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201399 Re: Found my ancient laptop

Sorry for the slow responses, been very busy with work and the shitshow that is America currently. Transferring the files over to my main PC tonight and then will be going through and uploading the relevant stuff. Most of the screenshots will probably be from mine and Klutz's old server Blackwater Park, but I may have some screenshots from old EO main and test from back in the day.

---
7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201416 Re: Found my ancient laptop

Good stuff! keep us posted! 

7 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #201447 Re: Found my ancient laptop

Another update on this.

I'm not seeing any pub editing tools or mapping tools or anything like that on my laptop. The main thing I have is screenshots from BWP. Other than that it seems everything else I had has been lost to time. Uploading the screenshots to an imgur album now. It'll take a while as there are a couple hundred of them. Looking through them and the way we had the color scheme on the EO client with our modded graphics, I'm amazed I was ever able to read anything anyone sent to me in PMs. Jesus my eyesight has gone downhill.

Update: Screenshots in an imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/61Yr2. The majority are from BWP, with some coming from other servers and a couple from EO Main.

---
7 years, 20 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > Lounge 2.0 > Found my ancient laptop