Until I am less lazy...

7 years, 25 weeks ago
Post #201223 Re: Client WIP

what do u have working atm?

---
7 years, 25 weeks ago
Post #201224 Re: Client WIP

I see that lovely debug window there.
The sequence validation is a bitch, am I right?

It's nice to see a client being made in C++, since the only other currently valid project is in C#. How's your graphic rendering, any bugs? It looks fairly true to form in all positioning aspects, other than your lack of bars on the top.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
7 years, 25 weeks ago
Post #201226 Re: Client WIP

Not working is an easier list: NPC movement, chat, various dialog boxes, and spells.

Some things will be dependent on how I decide to not hard-code some of the hard-coding (transparent wraiths and bow/gun).

7 years, 25 weeks ago
Post #201227 Re: Client WIP
Apollo posted: (30th Oct 2016, 06:55 pm)

Not working is an easier list: NPC movement, chat, various dialog boxes, and spells.

Some things will be dependent on how I decide to not hard-code some of the hard-coding (transparent wraiths and bow/gun).

You honestly have gotten an amazing amount done, is this all your code? Or did you adapt from some of the earlier attempts people released? Also something to take into consideration if you're working on removing hard coded things/annoyances is animated walls are limited, shadows tearing/lagging graphics, maps are limited to a set file size. Other things I would consider, but aren't really that big of a deal would be to remove the need to f12 refresh at all and also to re-add macros from earlier versions of the game.

Good luck finishing the client up, it sounds like it's not to far off from being finished.

7 years, 25 weeks ago
Post #201231 Re: Client WIP
Colby posted: (30th Oct 2016, 09:24 pm)

Apollo posted: (30th Oct 2016, 06:55 pm)

You honestly have gotten an amazing amount done, is this all your code? Or did you adapt from some of the earlier attempts people released? Also something to take into consideration if you're working on removing hard coded things/annoyances is animated walls are limited, shadows tearing/lagging graphics, maps are limited to a set file size. Other things I would consider, but aren't really that big of a deal would be to remove the need to f12 refresh at all and also to re-add macros from earlier versions of the game.

Good luck finishing the client up, it sounds like it's not to far off from being finished.

Animated walls are not limited on the client - EOMapper is the hardcoded one in this equation.

Even Sausage didn't believe me at first. :(

Major props for trying to avoid the nonsense hardcoded shit, Apollo. I'd think guns and transparencies and other shit should all be pub-based.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
7 years, 25 weeks ago
Post #202801 Re: Client WIP

re-add macros from earlier versions of the game.

I have never seen that particular button actually do anything. Have you? If so, screenshots?
---
Wish upon a star!
7 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #202803 Re: Client WIP
Plasmastar posted: (10th Mar 2017, 09:21 am)

re-add macros from earlier versions of the game.

I have never seen that particular button actually do anything. Have you? If so, screenshots?

I'm not sure if it functioned properly or not but if you browse the screenshot gallery Sordie has you'll come across several images with those being in use where the current EO's sword is. 
7 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #202806 Re: Client WIP

Supporting and waiting !

Edit2:BTW u nerds do not get lazy.

Edit 3: wait this going to be a closed source If so I hope a lightening hit your PC only to affect your hard drive only to affect the sectors containing the projects data and corrupt it.jk.

Seriously why would you need the community support for a closed source in which you still have not decided to remove the limitations in the original client or not.

7 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #202808 Re: Client WIP

Oh Apollo's famous for such. I mean it wouldn't hurt him to setup a repo for us where we could propose contributions to help.

By famous I mean he recently made me jealous by taking credit for something without properly explaining. (Is this relevant) Ahh my emotions -.-

HONESTLY I think I JUST did the exact same as Apollo did. Basically I also have the access to coding something, and I tried to get attention that I made progress just because you're so lonely doing it alone and it gets boring so you need a way to get some "rush reward" from its

Sharing the source is out of my control and maybe Apollo doesnt want to share his to keep people from distributing trojans (people modifying his software and inserting bad things) just a guess.

Cirras posted: (30th Oct 2016, 07:27 am)

It's nice to see a client being made in C++, since the only other currently valid project is in C#. How's your graphic rendering, any bugs? It looks fairly true to form in all positioning aspects, other than your lack of bars on the top.

Lol why is C# the only other valid option. There's hundreds others.
---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #202810 Re: Client WIP
Hacker_Alex posted: (10th Mar 2017, 03:58 pm)

Oh Apollo's famous for such. I mean it wouldn't hurt him to setup a repo for us where we could propose contributions to help.

By famous I mean he recently made me jealous by taking credit for something without properly explaining. (Is this relevant) Ahh my emotions -.-

HONESTLY I think I JUST did the exact same as Apollo did. Basically I also have the access to coding something, and I tried to get attention that I made progress just because you're so lonely doing it alone and it gets boring so you need a way to get some "rush reward" from its

Sharing the source is out of my control and maybe Apollo doesnt want to share his to keep people from distributing trojans (people modifying his software and inserting bad things) just a guess.

He means the only other client that's made substantial progress is in C#
---
Andrewbob - I would be on the fucking copter of rofls

Programmer, Web Developer, and Graphics Designer
7 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #202813 Re: Client WIP
Wildsurvival posted: (10th Mar 2017, 05:02 pm)

Hacker_Alex posted: (10th Mar 2017, 03:58 pm)

He means the only other client that's made substantial progress is in C#

Why do we always misunderstand eachother on these forums? The Fully-Read posts hitrate is lacking immensely.
---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #202820 Re: Client WIP

@Apollo

Looking good so far! I am really excited for future news. I hope you may consider making it open source so that we can contribute to making it an even more improved client, from the current improvements you may have already done.

I think the key thing EOServ is lacking is an fully working open-source client so that the community can improve Endless Online and it's vision immensely and without limitations.

---
Just your friendly neighborhood Programmer-Man!
7 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #202869 Re: Client WIP

Looking good

7 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #203179 Re: Client WIP

Nice job. How's it going?

6 years, 48 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>