Static ip / pf
Post #201143 Static ip / pf

why, the fuck will it not open the port

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

7 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #201144 Re: Static ip / pf

Every time I've had to forward a port, I've used the TCP/UDP option, perhaps try that and then see if it's working?

---
May he now rest under aegis of mirage -
As the sands slowly turn to Elysian fields
7 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #201145 Re: Static ip / pf
Syran posted: (20th Oct 2016, 04:04 am)

Every time I've had to forward a port, I've used the TCP/UDP option, perhaps try that and then see if it's working?

tried that still closed, i don't understand i'm almost 100% sure i'm portforwarding correctly..
7 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #201146 Re: Static ip / pf

I'm guessing your problem is you're checking if the port is open for the service, but it's not running.
Make sure you run eoserv, then check if the port is open for the service while it's running.

---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
7 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #201147 Re: Static ip / pf

A common issue with port forwarding is people forward the port inside their router but their modem is blocking it. Try going in to your modem, (probably 192.168.0.1) and opening that port there as well.

7 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #201149 Re: Static ip / pf
shayne posted: (20th Oct 2016, 09:49 am)

I'm guessing your problem is you're checking if the port is open for the service, but it's not running.
Make sure you run eoserv, then check if the port is open for the service while it's running.

^^ This is highly likely. You actually need a service running on the port you're forwarding to.

Another thing is probably your firewall, if you haven't allowed the port through the firewall on your computer then it won't show as open and people won't be able to connect to you.

Also make sure your ISP doesn't do anything stupid like block traffic to certain ports. 25565 isn't a common service port so I'd be surprised if they cared about it, but some ISPs block certain ports/traffic unless you pay for business level internet.

---
class EOSERV {
Programmer | Oldbie
Open source EO Client: https://github.com/ethanmoffat/EndlessClient
};
7 years, 27 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > Lounge 2.0 > Static ip / pf