EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > More "advanced" warp commands
Page: << 1 >>
More "advanced" warp commands
Post #200918 More "advanced" warp commands
Has anyone ever thought of implementing them like this?
I'm not sure how it worked on the original server, but $w served for more than just warping to a character for sure. Also $t is obviously for EOSERV's "WarpToMe".
I think Vult-R used a period as concatenation operator for multiple character inputs. But what was the limit?

$w [character [...]] [map #] [x] [y]
$w <character>
$w ducci
# Warp admin character to a tile around the location of the victim character (looking for the nearest free tile)
$w [map #] <x> <y>
$w 209 13 37
# Warp admin character to coordinates x:13 y:37 on map 209
$w 13 37
# Warp admin character to coordinates x:13 y:37 on the current map
$w <character [...]> [map #] <x> <y>
$w ducci 13 37
# Warp character Ducci to coordinates x:13 y:37 on the current map
$w ducci sausage 13 37
# Warp characters Ducci and Sausage to coordinates x:13 y:37 on the current map // character limit?
$w ducci 209 13 37
# Warp character Ducci to coordinates x:13 y:37 on map 209
$w ducci sausage 209 13 37
# Warp characters Ducci and Sausage to coordinates x:13 y:37 on map 209 // character limit?
$t <character [...]>
$t ducci
# Warp character Ducci to a tile around the location of the admin character (looking for the nearest free tile)
$t ducci sausage # Warp characters Ducci and Sausage to tiles around the location of the admin character (looking for the nearest free tiles) // character limit?
---
"If you're going through hell, keep going."
7 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #200919 Re: More "advanced" warp commands

Vult's server didn't use x and y coordinates, but rather warped you to map center. I have implemented various forms of warping based on this using a comma rather than a period. I also added parameters for commands using loc for local, map for map wide and all for the entire server scope of players. I do believe I posted this in feature requests as it existed in main but not implemented in eoserv, probably a few years ago.

Edit: Bug 362, 1 year, 5 weeks ago. Sausage posted the feature request.

7 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #200973 Re: More "advanced" warp commands

will we ever see what vult's server source looked like? I think it would be my dream come true.

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #200980 Re: More "advanced" warp commands

The only server leak is the executable and ancient. If you can imagine the client being outdated and obsolete, just remember that the server is just as bad, just not visually. In comparison, there are only a few things that the server does better than EOSERV that I have discovered via testing and they are all related to EO+ execution. Pretty sure no one else has even noticed what these things are so I will just leave them as a trivial mystery that really isn't significant to the overall picture. I may bother Sausage with it if he ever becomes motivated enough to attempt perfect emulation.

7 years, 31 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > More "advanced" warp commands