EOSERV Forum > Lounge 2.0 > Benzo mania
Page: << 1 2 3 >>
Benzo mania
Post #201021 Re: Benzo mania

Benzos suck bro. I started with .5mg alprazolam and eventually got into the habit of popping bars everyday recreationally and before bed.

Not worth it IMO, and it's a slippery slope. Anxiolytics like xanax that offer instant relief and are to be taken as needed offer little help in the longterm since you become addicted to them and suffer from even worse anxiety manifested in withdrawal symptoms. 

I'd suggest slowly weening yourself off them, but looks like you're already on the right track. If you're still dealing with too much anxiety, try to tackle it from a different direction. Try to figure out what might be the root of the issue (there isn't always one). But working on your self-confidence might be something that could help you stay on top of your fears. Also, look into meditation. I know everyone says it, and it doesn't sound like it can do much, but you'd be surprised.

7 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #201023 Re: Benzo mania

50%!

Before I go to sleep I will take 10 drops (instead of 11 on the schedule I made), because screw withdrawal.
10 drops = 5 mg. Right now I'm taking 10 drops in the morning and 10 at bedtime.
I just realized I should've tapered only the morning dose of 10 mg (20 drops) to 0 and then start tapering off the evening 10 mg... That would've been better I think.
But since I'm at 10/10 drops now, I could also attempt tapering down the morning dose and leaving the bedtime dose unchanged...

What should I do?
Take 20 drops now and skip the morning dose tomorrow morning, slowly switch from 10/10 to 0/20 by taking a drop a day less in the morning and adding it to the evening dose (or perhaps 2 or 3, or 5 to make it in two days), or just taper down the morning dose and keep the bedtime dose at 10 drops?

I know this is EOSERV, but what would you guys do? I'm trying to detoxify myself here so that I won't forget how to speak C++.

EDIT: Oh, sorry Actavis, I didn't see your post as I was on the previous page. Been taking Xanax since the end of 2012. After I came back from the U.S. I was in the shower and all of a sudden I had an existential crisis. My PDoc gave me "the solution". When it seemed to work well, he said "Just keep taking it, it's just a low dose" .
I never really developed any tolerance to it, luckliy, but everybody will get dependent for sure. I'm also taking an AD (SSRI), which increases the plasma concentration and prolongs the half-life of diazepam, so maybe all hell will break lose after a while, since the concentration in my body slowly drops and the leftovers in my body fat will eventually be burned up (although this will probably take very long).

I started taking the AD to be able to manage my anxiety while getting rid of the benzo. I stopped the AD earlier this year (I felt great after a while), and without any serious withdrawal symptoms except for the brain zaps and fatigue. I suddenly realized it must have been the Xanax that prevented me from relapsing. But I know the dangers of benzos, and I know I have to get rid of it before my brain turns into pulp. So I had to choose between two evils... And the AD isn't healthy or anything, but it's better than the benzo for sure.

The underlying condition... Never tested for that. All they did was feed me a whole regimen of pills to see what would help suppress what was "wrong" with me (we're talking about age <9 here). Finally, at the age of 9, I got an AD (SSRI). This seemed to work. And you know it... "The doctor knows best"... "You heard what the doctor said"... etc.. And my parents were desperate to see their son not be in agony, so they also listened to the doctor.

For years I've been taking this crap, until the beginning of this year. Now I'm on it again, only to get rid of the other (probably not just any more, but more life-disrupting damaging) poison first. Luckily I am completely healthy (I did all regular check-ups), and I think I'm ready to face that underlying unknown after a while (first the benzo, if that doesn't do anything serious like the other way around, then later the AD). No anxiety whatsoever since I started tapering btw, so I feel like superman right now... Maybe I'll be punished for that soon?

---
"If you're going through hell, keep going."
7 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #201026 Re: Benzo mania
Haze posted: (26th Sep 2016, 09:21 pm)

Japanese posted: (25th Sep 2016, 09:48 pm)

Haze posted: (14th Sep 2016, 12:25 am)

i took half a xan once and i couldn't even function. idk how ur even typing tbh.

Light work fam. I usually get fucked up after taking a bar and a half w/ a 25mg edible

i'm not about that life lmao. same shit happened when i took adderall.

Haha, adderall is crazy fam. I kinda stay away from dat tho lol. I usually just use opiates, pregabalin, xannies, and weed... sometimes lean.
7 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #201037 Re: Benzo mania

I have been through the ringer with most common substances known to man. Mostly when I was younger in my teans and early 20's I had a period when I was popping pills like skittles and to the point somehow opiates don't effect me anymore well the last time I decided to pop some oxis like 7 tabs and nothing no effect " just worried my kidneys might give out so I pounded about a gallon of water" and a white ring arround my lips like a crack head cause I tried to chew up the last 2 for imediate release. I guess my point is I hate pills and doctors that push them these days theres a pill for everything lol but I believe you can find natural things to help with mental and physical illnesses.

Anxitey - I have battled with this since my first panic as a child and refused medication for it and I figured out a few things you have to eat right drink right sleep right its a chemical imbalance. My anxiety and panic attacks were mostly caused from alcohol stress and over working it was like roller coaster.. drink way to much the next day ANXIETY BAD BAD ANXIETY untill I drank a couple beers which turned into a few a 12 pack or a case and REPEAT. I havnt drank in a year and no anxiety well very little but easilly managed.

I had to step down very slow from pills and alchohol and the stuff your on is some bad shit I would highly recommend you get a doctor that wants to help you get off.. most dont cause they want you to keep comming back so find a doctor you can trust and there are certain steps you will have to take to get of Xanax and benzos. 

Good luck!
7 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #201045 Re: Benzo mania
Actavis posted: (27th Sep 2016, 06:53 pm)

Benzos suck bro. I started with .5mg alprazolam and eventually got into the habit of popping bars everyday recreationally and before bed.

Not worth it IMO, and it's a slippery slope. Anxiolytics like xanax that offer instant relief and are to be taken as needed offer little help in the longterm since you become addicted to them and suffer from even worse anxiety manifested in withdrawal symptoms. 

I'd suggest slowly weening yourself off them, but looks like you're already on the right track. If you're still dealing with too much anxiety, try to tackle it from a different direction. Try to figure out what might be the root of the issue (there isn't always one). But working on your self-confidence might be something that could help you stay on top of your fears. Also, look into meditation. I know everyone says it, and it doesn't sound like it can do much, but you'd be surprised.

Hi honey.

Want to hatefuck or...?

---
Insomniac:I like how in the lounges forum description sausage says "Bitches go crazy." and that's
exactly what you do!
Pixel artist | Mapping artist | Alternative artist | Heavenly Karma | oldbie | top 50  |
Attention whore | main player |
7 years, 30 weeks ago
Post #201047 Re: Benzo mania
Moonie posted: (30th Sep 2016, 07:15 pm)

Actavis posted: (27th Sep 2016, 06:53 pm)

Hi honey.

Want to hatefuck or...?

Easy there honey, pop a zany or two ;)

My level is down to 9 mg diazepam/day now. I'm going to win this battle, heck yes.
---
7 years, 30 weeks ago
Post #201048 Re: Benzo mania

I dont pop pills.

I dont trust that shit.

---
Insomniac:I like how in the lounges forum description sausage says "Bitches go crazy." and that's
exactly what you do!
Pixel artist | Mapping artist | Alternative artist | Heavenly Karma | oldbie | top 50  |
7 years, 30 weeks ago
Post #201050 Re: Benzo mania
Moonie posted: (30th Sep 2016, 09:44 pm)

I dont pop pills.

I dont trust that shit.

You would wake up naked in a tub full of ice.

---
My skins dying because you're under it-
I’m done lying to myself for this.
For all the wonder in believing man it’s making me weak-
I’ll fade away & classify myself as Obsolete!
7 years, 30 weeks ago
Post #201132 Re: Benzo mania

F*** harmful prescription drugs. This morning I took my last drop of Valium.

I win, Valium f***ing loses. I wish I could roll back the damage it has done. But I f***ing won, I did.

F*** apathy. F*** dependence. F***!

---
7 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #201134 Re: Benzo mania
Ducci posted: (16th Oct 2016, 06:32 pm)

I win, Valium f***ing loses. I wish I could roll back the damage it has done. But I f***ing won, I did.

gratz man. i'm glad ur clean.
---
7 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #201135 Re: Benzo mania
Haze posted: (17th Oct 2016, 03:47 am)

Thanks a lot! I feel a little anxious about getting anxious at work, but I'm still going strong.
Now I'll have to wait till it clears my body... The half-life is so long it could take up to about 8 days for the active metabolite to be gone :/
---
7 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #201136 Re: Benzo mania
Ducci posted: (17th Oct 2016, 08:10 pm)

Thanks a lot! I feel a little anxious about getting anxious at work, but I'm still going strong.
Now I'll have to wait till it clears my body... The half-life is so long it could take up to about 8 days for the active metabolite to be gone :/

aw man the hospital gave me valium once, that shit legit was the best. i was in a shit position at the time and that drug made life amazing.
---
exactly what you do!
7 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #201137 Re: Benzo mania
Moonie posted: (17th Oct 2016, 08:26 pm)

aw man the hospital gave me valium once, that shit legit was the best. i was in a shit position at the time and that drug made life amazing.
Oh yes, it does. I agree with you. But it's meant to be used short-term only. Then it makes your life amazing.
Want to sleep on a long flight? Pop a zany. Want to feel a little more relaxed overall?  Take some Valium. Yes, it is helpful and could even save a person's life.

But long-term, it makes your life shit. When I noticed it worsened my cognitive performance, I knew something was definitely wrong.

Soon, it'll be amazing to be without again. First not so much.

---
7 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #201139 Re: Benzo mania

I want to be relaxed so I can talk to anyone I want without a mouse voice

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #201140 Re: Benzo mania
Ducci posted: (17th Oct 2016, 08:40 pm)

Moonie posted: (17th Oct 2016, 08:26 pm)

Oh yes, it does. I agree with you. But it's meant to be used short-term only. Then it makes your life amazing.
Want to sleep on a long flight? Pop a zany. Want to feel a little more relaxed overall?  Tale some Valium. Yes, it is helpful and could even save a person's life.

But long-term, it makes your life shit. When I noticed it worsened my cognitive performance, I knew something was definitely wrong.

Soon, it'll be amazing to be without again. First not so much.

Proud of you bro! Keep it up. That shit aint easy to get off. You got it though! :)
---
CN:BH 4 lyfe
7 years, 28 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 >>

EOSERV Forum > Lounge 2.0 > Benzo mania