EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Eoaddons api?
Page: << 1 2 >>
Eoaddons api?
Post #200970 Re: Eoaddons api?
Sordie posted: (6th Sep 2016, 08:40 pm)

freezingsoul posted: (6th Sep 2016, 01:55 pm)

Sordie posted: (5th Sep 2016, 06:31 pm)

freezingsoul posted: (4th Sep 2016, 12:59 pm)

Ryouken posted: (4th Sep 2016, 08:23 am)

freezingsoul posted: (4th Sep 2016, 06:05 am)

IMO,eo addson is useless for server owners how do you even after making one . you got the whole client within your hands . a simple loader would do the job and will provide encryption to data files . 

I don't quite get what you're trying to say. o.o No offence intended, I just really didn't understand the sentence.

Oh no there is no offence indeed but you should have gotten this if you were familiar with other mmorpgs private servers.

A loader is an exe that loads your client file from the memory without using the windows p.e loader .

This allows you to encrypt your client file in the disk or check for updates before running the client .

From the same loader you can hook functions like winsock send/recv to create new packets and finally read/write memory to fool the client as you wish .

Oh do not forget to inject a message box code to the client that says "please run the game from loader.exe" and fix the client entry point.

EO.Addons isn't a launcher nor is it for server owners. Quite the opposite. It's original purpose was a hacking tool. Look at the early addons, they enabled speeding, ghosting, flooding, allowed you to select other skins at character creation. But I'm a "Poacher turned gamekeeper" now so EO.Addons has been re-purposed to add helpful little features to the client for the player. But it's just that "for the player". The only addon that was really for server owners is the one that allows servers to use the Job field in the paperdoll.

On a side note, encryption of game assets is pointless. It consumes resources and doesn't protect data. Games that try to protect asserts are pretty laughable. Also, thats not how launchers work anyway but that's a different topic. =P

Some servers got pretty nice gfx worth protection

No they don't. There isn't one custom client I can't extract the graphics from. Asset protection doesn't work. If some encrypted data has to be presented to the user unencrypted, as is the case for graphics, sounds or any other media, then it cannot be secured.

not if my loader uses buffer overflow exploits in explorer.exe to gain the ability to spawn admin processes and then go further on to get system access and modify running processes to make it to prevent you from accessing EO's process so the secret decryption and offloading to EO happen behind a locked door you do not have the key to.

...That is if you'll let me hack your computer to play the game in the first place.
---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 31 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Eoaddons api?