EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Eoaddons api?
Page: << 1 2 >>
Eoaddons api?
Post #200775 Eoaddons api?

Is there an api for eoaddons? I thought I heard sordie say she was going to add one, but I'm not sure if it ever happened. I was hoping to make some addons myself. :o

7 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #200776 Re: Eoaddons api?

I never heard of this.
You could just make your own adds-on . The easiest way is to code a dll injector that runs the client and inject an adds-on dll to it. The hardest but more decent way is to inject code into a dll already used by the client like what sordie did. 

7 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #200777 Re: Eoaddons api?

Yeah, I was wondering how to go about making those eaf files used by sordie's eoaddons.

7 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #200810 Re: Eoaddons api?

EO.Addons is pretty hacky and has some nasty "load time" requirements it really is badly implemented for how many addons I've added to it now and could do with a rewirte. If I was going to do this now I'd probably write a new general-purpose game-trainer like app. I did release some info on how to make addons quite some time ago and even how to use things like EOMemEdit and EOAPIHook but so many things depend on various other addons playing nice it would be a nightmare to support it for developers. 

---
http://sordie.co.uk
http://twitter.com/@SordieEO
7 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #200812 Re: Eoaddons api?
Sordie posted: (3rd Sep 2016, 03:06 pm)

EO.Addons is pretty hacky and has some nasty "load time" requirements it really is badly implemented for how many addons I've added to it now and could do with a rewirte. If I was going to do this now I'd probably write a new general-purpose game-trainer like app. I did release some info on how to make addons quite some time ago and even how to use things like EOMemEdit and EOAPIHook but so many things depend on various other addons playing nice it would be a nightmare to support it for developers. 

What sort of load time requirements are you referring to?
---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
7 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #200816 Re: Eoaddons api?

The main addon I was wanting to make is a simple memory edit to fool the client into thinking im not wearing anything on my paperdoll so it will still send an equip packet when i double click equipment. I was going to use this to work in unison with an equipment swapping system i put on my rev. Right now it sort of works except for stuff you were wearing upon login.

7 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #200822 Re: Eoaddons api?

IMO,eo addson is useless for server owners how do you even after making one . you got the whole client within your hands . a simple loader would do the job and will provide encryption to data files . 

7 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #200824 Re: Eoaddons api?
freezingsoul posted: (4th Sep 2016, 06:05 am)

IMO,eo addson is useless for server owners how do you even after making one . you got the whole client within your hands . a simple loader would do the job and will provide encryption to data files . 

I don't quite get what you're trying to say. o.o No offence intended, I just really didn't understand the sentence.
7 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #200826 Re: Eoaddons api?
Ryouken posted: (4th Sep 2016, 08:23 am)

I don't quite get what you're trying to say. o.o No offence intended, I just really didn't understand the sentence.

Oh no there is no offence indeed but you should have gotten this if you were familiar with other mmorpgs private servers.

A loader is an exe that loads your client file from the memory without using the windows p.e loader .

This allows you to encrypt your client file in the disk or check for updates before running the client .

From the same loader you can hook functions like winsock send/recv to create new packets and finally read/write memory to fool the client as you wish .

Oh do not forget to inject a message box code to the client that says "please run the game from loader.exe" and fix the client entry point.

7 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #200839 Re: Eoaddons api?

Oh, ok I know what you're talking about now. :P Yeah I could go about doing that if I knew how to do it. Guess I could google how to.

7 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #200850 Re: Eoaddons api?
freezingsoul posted: (4th Sep 2016, 12:59 pm)

Oh no there is no offence indeed but you should have gotten this if you were familiar with other mmorpgs private servers.

A loader is an exe that loads your client file from the memory without using the windows p.e loader .

This allows you to encrypt your client file in the disk or check for updates before running the client .

From the same loader you can hook functions like winsock send/recv to create new packets and finally read/write memory to fool the client as you wish .

Oh do not forget to inject a message box code to the client that says "please run the game from loader.exe" and fix the client entry point.

EO.Addons isn't a launcher nor is it for server owners. Quite the opposite. It's original purpose was a hacking tool. Look at the early addons, they enabled speeding, ghosting, flooding, allowed you to select other skins at character creation. But I'm a "Poacher turned gamekeeper" now so EO.Addons has been re-purposed to add helpful little features to the client for the player. But it's just that "for the player". The only addon that was really for server owners is the one that allows servers to use the Job field in the paperdoll.

On a side note, encryption of game assets is pointless. It consumes resources and doesn't protect data. Games that try to protect asserts are pretty laughable. Also, thats not how launchers work anyway but that's a different topic. =P

---
7 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #200863 Re: Eoaddons api?

I realize it wasn't intended for server owners, but it definitely could be the alternative to remaking the entire client to change something tiny. Either way, I guess I can do without the feature. I just wanted a way for players to swap weapons faster.

7 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #200864 Re: Eoaddons api?
Sordie posted: (5th Sep 2016, 06:31 pm)

EO.Addons isn't a launcher nor is it for server owners. Quite the opposite. It's original purpose was a hacking tool. Look at the early addons, they enabled speeding, ghosting, flooding, allowed you to select other skins at character creation. But I'm a "Poacher turned gamekeeper" now so EO.Addons has been re-purposed to add helpful little features to the client for the player. But it's just that "for the player". The only addon that was really for server owners is the one that allows servers to use the Job field in the paperdoll.

On a side note, encryption of game assets is pointless. It consumes resources and doesn't protect data. Games that try to protect asserts are pretty laughable. Also, thats not how launchers work anyway but that's a different topic. =P

Some servers got pretty nice gfx worth protection
7 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #200868 Re: Eoaddons api?
freezingsoul posted: (6th Sep 2016, 01:55 pm)

No they don't. There isn't one custom client I can't extract the graphics from. Asset protection doesn't work. If some encrypted data has to be presented to the user unencrypted, as is the case for graphics, sounds or any other media, then it cannot be secured.

---
7 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #200871 Re: Eoaddons api?
Sordie posted: (6th Sep 2016, 08:40 pm)

freezingsoul posted: (6th Sep 2016, 01:55 pm)

No they don't. There isn't one custom client I can't extract the graphics from. Asset protection doesn't work. If some encrypted data has to be presented to the user unencrypted, as is the case for graphics, sounds or any other media, then it cannot be secured.

Yeah, in the end the client is like a big key being presented to you to unlock that stuff.
7 years, 33 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Eoaddons api?