Page: << 1 2 3 >>
Karma Legends
Post #200756 Re: Karma Legends
Ryouken posted: (26th Aug 2016, 03:48 am)

I've released the server source in the past, I don't think many people realized it when I did though. I've since added tons of stuff to it since then though. I'll release it at some point when I get all the major bugs taken care of.

But if you're asking if i'll release the maps, quests, and all that, that would be a no. There's no fun in that. :P

I know about the server source you released in the past I played around with it a bit and I don't care about maps, quests and stuff, all I want is the server source once it is stable :P
---
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”― Albert Einstein
7 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #200757 Re: Karma Legends
freezingsoul posted: (27th Aug 2016, 08:30 am)

Misca posted: (27th Aug 2016, 08:23 am)

freezingsoul posted: (26th Aug 2016, 12:33 pm)

slavery mode.
if your slave disobeys you he will get punished by the mods.

So you're my slave and I command you to delete that post and never suggest it again.

1-You have to sell yourself to become a slave or become a war prisoner (aka killed in pk free map)  

2-To free yourself you have to pay your master some amount of gold which decreases when the level gap between you both increases.

3-So if you got killed from a level 100 while being 20 is not as bad when you get killed from a level 21 or even a lower level than yours.

4-If you got sold to someone you have to pay him the money he spent to buy you + the money that you would have paid if you have been killed.

5-Some cool master/slave commands #warptome etc..

6-All the maps are pk free.

7-You get exp if your master killed any npc

8- You can't pk if you are a slave.

9-All weapons will be bought for gold which will aid the significance of gold as an item.

10-Last thing , The trading system  : you buy goods from a town then load them on a mount ( a camel or a horse npc that follows you) , the camel will be too slow and you can't enter the next map without it near you.If someone attacks your horse/camel and kills it , you lose the goods and the killer earns 1/4 of the goodies price .

the price of selling goods depends on how far is the city you are heading to .

11-Only gold will be dropped from monsters.

12-You won't get loads of EXP , No stupid reborns.

13-Marrying your slave automatically frees him/her. (Sorry no gay/les marriage , they didn't have it in medieval ages )

You know what, i'm going to code that now.

I will call it Medieval Eo 

nvm got bored u could do it.

Sounds interesting, except for the marriage part. I'm pretty sure homosexuality existed back then. And there was probably a brave priest or two who would marry them. Seems kind of pointless to go about coding something to block same sex marriage. But, its your creation, so do it how you like.

Also, still trying to get a vps to host on but having troubles with the provider showing it as not paid for yet even though I paid them a couple of days ago already. ;.; Probably gotta file a claim with paypal.

7 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #200758 Re: Karma Legends
Ryouken posted: (27th Aug 2016, 11:11 pm)

freezingsoul posted: (27th Aug 2016, 08:30 am)

Misca posted: (27th Aug 2016, 08:23 am)

freezingsoul posted: (26th Aug 2016, 12:33 pm)

slavery mode.
if your slave disobeys you he will get punished by the mods.

So you're my slave and I command you to delete that post and never suggest it again.

1-You have to sell yourself to become a slave or become a war prisoner (aka killed in pk free map)  

2-To free yourself you have to pay your master some amount of gold which decreases when the level gap between you both increases.

3-So if you got killed from a level 100 while being 20 is not as bad when you get killed from a level 21 or even a lower level than yours.

4-If you got sold to someone you have to pay him the money he spent to buy you + the money that you would have paid if you have been killed.

5-Some cool master/slave commands #warptome etc..

6-All the maps are pk free.

7-You get exp if your master killed any npc

8- You can't pk if you are a slave.

9-All weapons will be bought for gold which will aid the significance of gold as an item.

10-Last thing , The trading system  : you buy goods from a town then load them on a mount ( a camel or a horse npc that follows you) , the camel will be too slow and you can't enter the next map without it near you.If someone attacks your horse/camel and kills it , you lose the goods and the killer earns 1/4 of the goodies price .

the price of selling goods depends on how far is the city you are heading to .

11-Only gold will be dropped from monsters.

12-You won't get loads of EXP , No stupid reborns.

13-Marrying your slave automatically frees him/her. (Sorry no gay/les marriage , they didn't have it in medieval ages )

You know what, i'm going to code that now.

I will call it Medieval Eo 

nvm got bored u could do it.

Sounds interesting, except for the marriage part. I'm pretty sure homosexuality existed back then. And there was probably a brave priest or two who would marry them. Seems kind of pointless to go about coding something to block same sex marriage. But, its your creation, so do it how you like.

Also, still trying to get a vps to host on but having troubles with the provider showing it as not paid for yet even though I paid them a couple of days ago already. ;.; Probably gotta file a claim with paypal.

I never been against homosexual marriage , but something legalised in these days would probably never exist from 1800 years.

This was a suggestion actually , I hope to see this on your next server .

It would be useless for me to do it because I can not get a vps to host it due to personal issues.

7 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #200774 Re: Karma Legends

I heard some input about swapping weapons on the fly and I thought this would be a pretty cool feature to have without opening the paperdoll and going through all that, so I added the ability to simply swap out a weapon you're trying to equip with the one you're wearing just by double clicking it.

7 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #200780 Re: Karma Legends

YEYEYEYEE IM LIKE THE HIGHEST LEVEL ON THIS SERVER

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #200783 Re: Karma Legends
Hacker_Alex posted: (30th Aug 2016, 05:46 pm)

YEYEYEYEE IM LIKE THE HIGHEST LEVEL ON THIS SERVER

Yeah, I still have the old database in it as well.
7 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #200786 Re: Karma Legends

Are we on V4? GFX Patch March 17, 2013?

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #200787 Re: Karma Legends

Sounds and looks interesting. I'll have to check it out sometime.
A couple ideas off the top of my head:

-Random Item Spawns
I think it would be interesting to implement a feature to randomly spawn certain items on random maps/coordinates, and expire after a set amount of time.
Just minor items, crafting materials, that sort of thing. (Maybe even the ODD rare item.) It would make exploring a little more worth while and less boring to.

-Rare Enemy Spawns
I'd love to see a feature to randomly spawn rare/special enemies on certain maps/random coordinates.
Hunting rares and their items would be a nice little addition to gameplay I think.

-Better Class system
Involve and evolve all classes so every player isn't inclined to use the one same class..
Make every class have their own perks and make it somewhat necessary to switch between classes, depending on the enemy/situation/location.

-Enemy States
It would be pretty cool to buff enemies stats/movement speed, dependant on their current health percentage.
Not sure how doable that would be, but it would make combat more interesting.

---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
7 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #200788 Re: Karma Legends
shayne posted: (31st Aug 2016, 07:24 pm)

-Random Item Spawns
I think it would be interesting to implement a feature to randomly spawn certain items on random maps/coordinates, and expire after a set amount of time.
Just minor items, crafting materials, that sort of thing. (Maybe even the ODD rare item.) It would make exploring a little more worth while and less boring to.

-Rare Enemy Spawns
I'd love to see a feature to randomly spawn rare/special enemies on certain maps/random coordinates.
Hunting rares and their items would be a nice little addition to gameplay I think.

-Better Class system
Involve and evolve all classes so every player isn't inclined to use the one same class..
Make every class have their own perks and make it somewhat necessary to switch between classes, depending on the enemy/situation/location.

-Enemy States
It would be pretty cool to buff enemies stats/movement speed, dependant on their current health percentage.

These ideas are super neat, they remind me of WoW; something I would worry about though with the random item/npc spawns is it being dependent on a random variable or else people are just going to camp a chest/map for a spawn at the set time like they did in EO (Basically what you said, but I think that part is super important for balance).
7 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #200790 Re: Karma Legends
Colby posted: (31st Aug 2016, 08:27 pm)

-Random Item Spawns

-Rare Enemy Spawns

-Better Class system

-Enemy States

These ideas are super neat, they remind me of WoW; something I would worry about though with the random item/npc spawns is it being dependent on a random variable or else people are just going to camp a chest/map for a spawn at the set time like they did in EO (Basically what you said, but I think that part is super important for balance).
Warcraft was in mind for rare enemies. =d

Yea that would be an issue without it being randomized.
To go into more detail with what I meant:

Have rare enemy spawns and item spawns that are spawned at very random time ranges and random maps/coordinates.
(Sometimes it could spawn in 30 minutes, sometimes it could spawn in 2 hours, sometimes it could spawn in 10 hours.
(Sometimes it could spawn on random map 10 at random X/Y, sometimes it could spawn on random map 100 at random X/Y.)

It would be impossible to camp if enemies/items switched their spawn map and spawn time after every spawn.
I think that type of randomization would actually make that kind of feature much better/worthwhile.

I'm sure it would likely be difficult to do, but I look at some of the stuff Cirras has been able to do, and I think it's more than possible.

---
7 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #200793 Re: Karma Legends

-Random Item Spawns

-Rare Enemy Spawns

-Better Class system

-Enemy States

Those first two are pretty cool, I think I'll go about finishing binding lua to the sever for scripting purposes and add those through that. I could do the third one through that as well.

I had it where you could level up classes on my server for a while, but I decided to go with a dark souls approach now and have weapons and spells scale to your stats. A kind of make your own class thing.

7 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #200794 Re: Karma Legends

Not sure why you would add Lua. You basically have EO+ built in and could essentially copy the groundwork for that elsewhere and build your own scripting engine pretty easily. 

7 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #200796 Re: Karma Legends
Apollo posted: (1st Sep 2016, 03:23 pm)

Not sure why you would add Lua. You basically have EO+ built in and could essentially copy the groundwork for that elsewhere and build your own scripting engine pretty easily. 

Probably, if I were smart enough to go about that.
7 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #200797 Re: Karma Legends
Ryouken posted: (1st Sep 2016, 04:37 am)

-Random Item Spawns

-Rare Enemy Spawns

-Better Class system

-Enemy States

Those first two are pretty cool, I think I'll go about finishing binding lua to the sever for scripting purposes and add those through that. I could do the third one through that as well.

I had it where you could level up classes on my server for a while, but I decided to go with a dark souls approach now and have weapons and spells scale to your stats. A kind of make your own class thing.

Oh cool. Not sure how that would work, but sounds like a good idea.
Love the idea of weapons and spells scaling to your stats!

Apollo- I can't really say much on the matter, but that definitely sounds a lot more complicated and time consuming.
I'm sure it would be better and more suitable overall depending on the persons capabilities/time available, but it sounds like a TON of work.

What do I know though?!

---
7 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #200804 Re: Karma Legends

Not really more complicated. I have talked to Sausage a few times about this while he goes on about something EO++ that will be added. You could mostly copy EO+ from a couple of files and gut it, then declare it somewhere in "world", remove character related quest actions and rules and replace with server world script rules. I could help you sometime with it, or maybe just take a couple of hours and write it for you. It is pretty easy to convert and you will probably facepalm when you see it done.

7 years, 33 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 >>