Page: << 1 2 3 >>
Karma Legends
Post #200738 Karma Legends

Not sure if anyone remembers this server, but it was a private server I made a long time ago. I was thinking of bringing it back not so much to get a large player base or anything but to test new features I make and have fun on. My reason for saying all this is to ask you all what features you would like to see (within possibility of course) added to the server.

A few images to get an idea of what this server is about (mostly chaos):

7 years, 35 weeks ago
Post #200739 Re: Karma Legends

An outfit that makes the player 100% nude, not that underwear bullshit.

Y'know, because we're all perverts.

---
"Nurd, you're like a fucking swiss army knife" - Necrosis
7 years, 35 weeks ago
Post #200740 Re: Karma Legends

Ah, I was thinking more coding-wise, but I do have an underlay system that pretty much shows whatever paperdoll item you want it to when the player isnt wearing something in that slot, so if someone made a nude suit it could easily be added to emulate being nude when they're not wearing anything.

7 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #200741 Re: Karma Legends

Oh, then AoE spells with and outstanding range.. Shit's ridiculously fun.

---
7 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #200742 Re: Karma Legends
Nurd posted: (24th Aug 2016, 01:26 pm)

Oh, then AoE spells with and outstanding range.. Shit's ridiculously fun.

I'd play an eo server but it has to be balanced and not that bullshit level 100 in a day with huge aoe weapons oneshotting everything in sight. Steady progression like main but with new content whether it be coding wise or just mapping, questing and pixel art
---
Siggy
7 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #200743 Re: Karma Legends

I usually spent a fair bit of my time while the server was up making new accounts and playing through my server to see what needed to be made easier or harder. It's not perfectly balanced, but as far as lvl 100 in a day, it would take a week or so on mine. Only the people who trained constantly on there ever hit a rebirth.

This server is different in a lot of ways though. For one, you gain exp per hit. There are no classes on here anymore as well. The equipment like weapons and such scale to your stats, so some weapons favor strength, some favor agility, and some even go for intelligence. The whole server is like a playground to try new an crazy features I feel like making.

Also, I added a new feature yesterday that lets you use overlays by putting what you want to show over your visibly equipment in a locker interface. Here's a screenshot:

7 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #200744 Re: Karma Legends

If you're going legit on this server then hitting lvl 100 should be hard. Like, EO hard, or even harder. Implement rebirths too but just make sure that getting there would take a long time to get it.

Some NPCs should be hard enough to need a party to kill them, and have a crafting chain that's rather difficult to craft up with. Multiple chains and side crafts expanding from random areas in that chain is also good, or even giving players different crafting paths to get to one item in this crafting chain.

Side-crafts for luxury items shouldn't have any stats. It's luxury, not battle. Only items that should have stats would be the ones that are in this crafting chain, or maybe some drops. Statted drops for new players is standard, but try to focus on your crafting items in this chain to be the only good statted ones.

Having your own world is good but sometimes having the classic EO world is good too. Personally, I prefer a mix. Leave Aeven as the main town, and create your own world expanding from it. Nostalgia is a nice attraction.

That overlay is a nice idea to mix with that crafting chain and luxury item concept above.

If you're making a server to joke around about, then AoE spells and items are pretty cool to fuck with.

As for features some simple stuff like fixing the #find command to actually give the map name and x/y co-ordinates would be nice. BU has a nice idea of having a command that allows you to warp to your partner. That's it really.

---
7 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #200745 Re: Karma Legends

I like the idea for making boss npcs that need parties to kill. I might add that, but as for making the exp gain as hard as main eo, I don't really want it to take a month to reach 50 one a private server. I still made it difficult, but not that hard. :P

As far as maps go, I've made every map on this server myself. They add up to about 200 or so now. I implemented a warp command that warps you based off map name given or id. I also have an $id <name> command that finds you any item, npc, spell, class, or map containing the text given in the command. It also appends the type (map, item, ect.) to the end of each result along with id, to ensure no confusion.

The server has aoe weapons, but the early on ones are fairly weak so you have to choose between range or power. Later on, the more powerful ones take a lot of effort and time to get. They aren't something easily gained.

7 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #200746 Re: Karma Legends

It takes so long to reach lv50 in EO because there is no content past like lv20, you get stuck in end-game gear grinding same mobs for the same amount of exp forever. 

7 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #200747 Re: Karma Legends

You should promote it before launching so people will consistently play. Unless it's more of a solo game lol

7 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #200748 Re: Karma Legends

would you consider realesing your server source with codes later on?

---
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”― Albert Einstein
7 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #200749 Re: Karma Legends

I've released the server source in the past, I don't think many people realized it when I did though. I've since added tons of stuff to it since then though. I'll release it at some point when I get all the major bugs taken care of.

But if you're asking if i'll release the maps, quests, and all that, that would be a no. There's no fun in that. :P

7 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #200751 Re: Karma Legends

slavery mode.
if your slave disobeys you he will get punished by the mods.

7 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #200754 Re: Karma Legends
freezingsoul posted: (26th Aug 2016, 12:33 pm)

slavery mode.

So you're my slave and I command you to delete that post and never suggest it again.
---
Former multi-server mapper.
7 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #200755 Re: Karma Legends
Misca posted: (27th Aug 2016, 08:23 am)

freezingsoul posted: (26th Aug 2016, 12:33 pm)

slavery mode.

So you're my slave and I command you to delete that post and never suggest it again.

1-You have to sell yourself to become a slave or become a war prisoner (aka killed in pk free map)  

2-To free yourself you have to pay your master some amount of gold which decreases when the level gap between you both increases.

3-So if you got killed from a level 100 while being 20 is not as bad when you get killed from a level 21 or even a lower level than yours.

4-If you got sold to someone you have to pay him the money he spent to buy you + the money that you would have paid if you have been killed.

5-Some cool master/slave commands #warptome etc..

6-All the maps are pk free.

7-You get exp if your master killed any npc

8- You can't pk if you are a slave.

9-All weapons will be bought for gold which will aid the significance of gold as an item.

10-Last thing , The trading system  : you buy goods from a town then load them on a mount ( a camel or a horse npc that follows you) , the camel will be too slow and you can't enter the next map without it near you.If someone attacks your horse/camel and kills it , you lose the goods and the killer earns 1/4 of the goodies price .

the price of selling goods depends on how far is the city you are heading to .

11-Only gold will be dropped from monsters.

12-You won't get loads of EXP , No stupid reborns.

13-Marrying your slave automatically frees him/her. (Sorry no gay/les marriage , they didn't have it in medieval ages )

You know what, i'm going to code that now.

I will call it Medieval Eo 

nvm got bored u could do it.

7 years, 34 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 >>