EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Pokemon EO Server
Page: << 1 >>
Pokemon EO Server
Post #200622 Pokemon EO Server

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this here but it's sort of on topic..

I posted an idea about a Pokemon EO server in another topic and have started doing some work on it. I have the basic features added (pokeballs, basic combat) and plan to add much more. I wanted to post here to ask the community if there were any old developers still about who'd be interested in helping, I mainly need mappers and a quest writer, but maybe custom Pokemon pixels could happen if we ever got that far?

I don't plan on killing myself making this and certainly won't be paying, but if anyone is interested in the idea and want to have a part in it please send me a PM!

7 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #200623 Re: Pokemon EO Server

Not the first time someone has added pokemon to an EO client. Google can help you find some near complete homebrew pokemon mmo games in open source as well as plenty of sprites. I would much rather see someone build on that rather than mutilating the EO code to get a really horrible pokemon experience. Nintendo shut down some guy that had written an open source pokemon mmo, but more keep popping up. Anyway, you would be making pokemon worse, not a better EO.

7 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #200625 Re: Pokemon EO Server

I could help but I'm kind of somewhat agreeing with what Apollo said. It would kind of be a butchered server if it was EO + Pokemon, whereas it would be something interesting if it was like Nerah's previous attempt:

https://eoserv.net/forum/topic/20249?p=1

---
Former multi-server mapper.
7 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #200628 Re: Pokemon EO Server

I could maybe write quests for you. Not too sure how good of mapping I am anymore, if I even ever was. But I need to utilize some creative energy that I have been holding within me, so I wouldn't mind doing some for ya.

7 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #200642 Re: Pokemon EO Server

Look into PokeNet

Or PGO(edited pokenet server)

---
http://www.ctronic.ga
http://www.tsu.co/Deltro
https://www.reverbnation.com/deltro9
7 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #200650 Re: Pokemon EO Server
Misca posted: (27th Jul 2016, 12:28 am)

I could help but I'm kind of somewhat agreeing with what Apollo said. It would kind of be a butchered server if it was EO + Pokemon, whereas it would be something interesting if it was like Nerah's previous attempt:

why even reply..

Everyone else:

I'm still thinking about the map styles and whether I should try make maps similar to one of the pokemon games or where not to just edit some main maps and put some grass areas. for wild pokemon.

I also had the thought of making the npcs fight each other? maybe have them walk around..

7 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #200651 Re: Pokemon EO Server
callum posted: (28th Jul 2016, 08:54 pm)

Misca posted: (27th Jul 2016, 12:28 am)

why even reply..

Everyone else:

I'm still thinking about the map styles and whether I should try make maps similar to one of the pokemon games or where not to just edit some main maps and put some grass areas. for wild pokemon.

I also had the thought of making the npcs fight each other? maybe have them walk around..

Why bother reply? Because I was simply stating what I was looking for if I was going to put the time in. I was gladly helping out Nerah when he was working on his project, because it wasn't an EO client with pokemon, but it was an eo-esque isometric pokemon game.

It isn't entirely specified above what your intentions are regarding just modding EO into a private pokemon server or not. Hence why I replied, and my reply to your reply was to clarify.

---
Former multi-server mapper.
7 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #200656 Re: Pokemon EO Server

I kind of agree with Apollo/Misca in a way. It would be challenging/hacky to attempt an EO pokemon server the way you want.
I'd think it would be doable/worthwhile to attempt though, if you put enough time into it.

If you're in anyway seriouse about making an online Pokemon server, I'd go with what Kodyt said.
Or even better if you care to learn, try: MRMX-OS System 3.2.2 + Ruby 2.0 + RPG Maker XP
RPG Maker XP will cost you, but you can easily download safe torrents..

MRMX-OS SYSTEM 3.2.2/Server/PVP Server/GTS I uploaded this myself. (The project+development is abandoned/all links are dead/I had this from years ago luckily. :)
Ruby/Interpreter  (Get 2.0)
RPG Maker XP  (Pay or torrent..)
forum.chaos-project.com  (Old Topic/Guide)

If you're just doing it strictly for fun, don't let anyone stop you from attempting an eo pokemon server if you really want to do it. =d
I think if you spent alot of time, and did things right and without too much hacky code, you could make something pretty fun/decent.

Either way, I'd check out MRMX-OS System, and/or what kodyt has posted.
Also, I might be able to help out every once in a while with graphics or maps if you're interested. I wouldn't be able to commit alot of time though.

If you or anyone needs more info/help with MRMX/Ruby/RPG Maker XP, feel free to ask.

---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
7 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #200673 Re: Pokemon EO Server
shayne posted: (30th Jul 2016, 03:55 am)

I kind of agree with Apollo/Misca in a way. It would be challenging/hacky to attempt an EO pokemon server the way you want.
I'd think it would be doable/worthwhile to attempt though, if you put enough time into it.

If you're in anyway seriouse about making an online Pokemon server, I'd go with what Kodyt said.
Or even better if you care to learn, try: MRMX-OS System 3.2.2 + Ruby 2.0 + RPG Maker XP

MRMX-OS SYSTEM 3.2.2/Server/PVP Server/GTS I uploaded this myself. (The project+development is abandoned/all links are dead/I had this from years ago luckily. :)

If you're just doing it strictly for fun, don't let anyone stop you from attempting an eo pokemon server if you really want to do it. =d
I think if you spent alot of time, and did things right and without too much hacky code, you could make something pretty fun/decent.

Also, I might be able to help out every once in a while with graphics or maps if you're interested. I wouldn't be able to commit alot of time though.

If you or anyone needs more info/help with MRMX/Ruby/RPG Maker XP, feel free to ask.

It'd be cool to have a Pokemon server in the community but sadly I only wanted to work on this in spare time after work, the only thing holding me back was finding a reliable mapper who's reliable.

I'm a big fan of pixelmon tho if anyone here has played it?

7 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #200679 Re: Pokemon EO Server
callum posted: (31st Jul 2016, 10:23 pm)

It'd be cool to have a Pokemon server in the community but sadly I only wanted to work on this in spare time after work, the only thing holding me back was finding a reliable mapper who's reliable.

Never played it, seen videos. Looks pretty badass.
---
"Nurd, you're like a fucking swiss army knife" - Necrosis
7 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #200681 Re: Pokemon EO Server
callum posted: (31st Jul 2016, 10:23 pm)

Yea, it would be cool to have a pokemon game/server for the community to join in. Even an EO styled server like you want could turn out really good.
I was working on my own server using the programs I linked and got quite a bit done, but just a lot to do/learn and not enough time.
I'm sure I'll get back into it soon enough though. It was a lot of fun working on it. :P

If you need help mapping, I could probably help you out like I mentioned before. I'm not sure to what extent you consider to be reliable though.
You can pm me about it if you want help. Not sure if you need help with graphics, but I could also help with that somewhat,  if needed.
I wouldn't be able to commit major time, but by the sounds of it, about the same amount of time as you are willing to put in.

I've never heard of pixelmon till you mentioned it.
I looked up a video, and it is definitely not my style of game. Not that I'm saying it's bad, just not my preference.
It's a good idea though, and looks good and unique for that type of game. I can see why others who like that style could really enjoy playing it.

---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
7 years, 39 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Pokemon EO Server