EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > A new eoserv Project
Page: << 1 >>
A new eoserv Project
Post #200586 A new eoserv Project

Hi, I was banned along time ago by queen and I wanted to say Hello from the other side. :) 

Anyway, I'm thinking about buying a laptop for the sole purpose of making a new server. I wanted to know if anyone would be interested in coding my server for me. Reply or Pm if interested.

(sorry if this is in the wrong section.)

---
My skins dying because you're under it-
I’m done lying to myself for this.
For all the wonder in believing man it’s making me weak-
I’ll fade away & classify myself as Obsolete!
7 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #200588 Re: A new eoserv Project

Is there possibly any incentive for doing such other than the usual giving admin thing.

7 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #200590 Re: A new eoserv Project

Umm.....experience? XD. I'll pay but some of you try to finesse the shit out of people with the cost. Try to charge $100 for a coded server and when called out, they give the "well it's time consuming and is alot to code" bs. Like you're doing anything else with your time. Sorry if that sounded rude, but I like to speak truthfully.

---
7 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #200594 Re: A new eoserv Project
Evildark posted: (24th Jul 2016, 01:56 am)

Umm.....experience? XD. I'll pay but some of you try to finesse the shit out of people with the cost. Try to charge $100 for a coded server and when called out, they give the "well it's time consuming and is alot to code" bs. Like you're doing anything else with your time. Sorry if that sounded rude, but I like to speak truthfully.

As long as we are speaking truthfully here I'd just like to say that if you yourself have no coding experience or at least not enough to code your own server and aren't wiling to pay a pretty penny for someone else to do it then that alone says enough about your server before it even starts.

As far as the "It's a lot to code bs" goes. It is a lot. It's not 500-1000 lines of code and done. As someone who has been a part of the eo community for a while and played other online games you should know that coding isn't a simple process by any means. It's all trial and error. Even if it is something simple like a custom login message or affect it still takes time to code it regardless of if it be 30 seconds or 30 minutes.

If money is a problem and you're looking for a lot of help, especially with coding, don't expect to see too many people if any rise to the call. Those that do usually won't know too much of what they're doing a lot of the time, and if they do you're more than lucky that they're helping you free of charge and shouldn't take that lightly.
---
Something I do instead of sleeping
7 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #200595 Re: A new eoserv Project
PANDAMONIOM posted: (24th Jul 2016, 04:45 am)

As long as we are speaking truthfully here I'd just like to say that if you yourself have no coding experience or at least not enough to code your own server and aren't wiling to pay a pretty penny for someone else to do it then that alone says enough about your server before it even starts.

As far as the "It's a lot to code bs" goes. It is a lot. It's not 500-1000 lines of code and done. As someone who has been a part of the eo community for a while and played other online games you should know that coding isn't a simple process by any means. It's all trial and error. Even if it is something simple like a custom login message or affect it still takes time to code it regardless of if it be 30 seconds or 30 minutes.

If money is a problem and you're looking for a lot of help, especially with coding, don't expect to see too many people if any rise to the call. Those that do usually won't know too much of what they're doing a lot of the time, and if they do you're more than lucky that they're helping you free of charge and shouldn't take that lightly.

I don't think it's fair to say that it says anything about your server other then you can't provide much of any programming for it, which in itself is fine as the endless online engine itself can garner some really cool ideas without much coding knowledge at all; not to mention all the free released code out there. Also if your project is good enough and you have enough inspiration or social skills, you can easily get someone to code for you or at least I never had a problem with it ever. I'm not saying it's ridiculous to pay them, but I don't think much people feel comfortable paying for work that most people just do for fun on their spare time, but if you can pay then all means go ahead that's awesome; supporting our community.

I don't think posting this topic is the right way to go around this kind of stuff either, there is an inbox feature and lists of people that could possibly help you in the eoserv section. It also wouldn't hurt to actually tell people what your server is about and have things planned out.

7 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #200596 Re: A new eoserv Project
Colby posted: (24th Jul 2016, 05:34 am)

PANDAMONIOM posted: (24th Jul 2016, 04:45 am)

I don't think it's fair to say that it says anything about your server other then you can't provide much of any programming for it, which in itself is fine as the endless online engine itself can garner some really cool ideas without much coding knowledge at all; not to mention all the free released code out there. Also if your project is good enough and you have enough inspiration or social skills, you can easily get someone to code for you or at least I never had a problem with it ever. I'm not saying it's ridiculous to pay them, but I don't think much people feel comfortable paying for work that most people just do for fun on their spare time, but if you can pay then all means go ahead that's awesome; supporting our community.

I don't think posting this topic is the right way to go around this kind of stuff either, there is an inbox feature and lists of people that could possibly help you in the eoserv section. It also wouldn't hurt to actually tell people what your server is about and have things planned out.

Colby you know how I am. We worked on a server together not too long ago. Remember Skype? It was me, you, nero, hacker Alex, and pencil aka aids? Don't worry, your memory will come back. 

@Pandemonium: I said I would pay, but I'm not going to be an idiot and over pay anyone like some have. Especially when some of you would code for free for a specific person. It's either you're interested or not. I'm not about to beg anyone to code for me, especially if im paying them. The fuck I look like?

"Please code for me. I will pay you please please please." 

Nah, I'm from Chicago and doing that is the equivalent to holding someone's pocket, so it's either yes or no. It's that simple. You didn't even have to write that long essay. 

FOR FUTURE NOTICE, IF YOU'RE NOT INTERESTED, DON'T RESPOND. :)

---
7 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #200599 Re: A new eoserv Project

Eh I think if you need assistance you should try to sell your sever, like the ideas that may go into it.

---
http://www.ctronic.ga
http://www.tsu.co/Deltro
https://www.reverbnation.com/deltro9
7 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #200601 Re: A new eoserv Project

For the beginning stages of the server, I would like the following coded.

• Fishing, Mining, Cooking, Woodcutting
  • Housing System
  • Spells (I think its already implemented if I'm not mistaken)
  • Events
  • Aoe
  • Warp stone (I want an item that allows you to warp anywhere in the game. EX: once you've beaten Alcina, you gain her stone that allows you to teleport anywhere you want.)

Just the basics right now. I might use eosource until the server becomes bigger. I'm going to gain players outside of eoserv. I don't want my server getting Ddosd and I seem to have a big following since I'm going to be on empire so hopefully that works. As the server becomes bigger, I probably will get someone who sees the progress and decide to code for me.

I really need a web designer. I will probably look on the net for a professional and throw out a lot of money. I don't care though. I'm bored at this point and I want to stay consistent with this server. 

---
7 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #200606 Re: A new eoserv Project

All of that sounds pretty easy to add, except the housing system. I kind of feel like doing it, but I tend to give up on things when i get bored. ;.; Either way if i do end up doing it, it will be free of charge, I just felt like asking cause i hate when people expect stuff for free. xP

7 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #200609 Re: A new eoserv Project
Ryouken posted: (24th Jul 2016, 10:10 pm)

All of that sounds pretty easy to add, except the housing system. I kind of feel like doing it, but I tend to give up on things when i get bored. ;.; Either way if i do end up doing it, it will be free of charge, I just felt like asking cause i hate when people expect stuff for free. xP

I hear you, nothings ever free. If you ever get interested, pm me.
---
7 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #200612 Re: A new eoserv Project
Evildark posted: (24th Jul 2016, 11:45 pm)

Ryouken posted: (24th Jul 2016, 10:10 pm)

I hear you, nothings ever free. If you ever get interested, pm me.

If you're interested in helping me with some bug testing, I'll code that stuff, including the housing system since its something i've been wanting to try and make. I already have an instanced map system going, I just need to expand on it to allow editing of the map in the server. At the moment i have a pesky bug regarding spells that makes the server crash when a spell is used with a bunch of people on (it happens at random).
7 years, 39 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > A new eoserv Project