EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > map editor trouble
Page: << 1 2 >>
map editor trouble
Post #200292 map editor trouble

So, my map editor isn't working. It keeps closing right away after I open it. How can I fix it?

7 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #200293 Re: map editor trouble

Do you have the correct gfx files in it? Also theres a few editors out there which one are you useing?

7 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #200294 Re: map editor trouble

Yeah, i have the correct gfx files, and I'm using eomap-0.3.1b. From this site, eoserv.

I have also tried using different map editors, but the same keeps happening.

7 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #200295 Re: map editor trouble

All you should have to do is download and extarct. Go to your clients gfx folder copy the .egf files from the gfx folder and paste them inside the map editors gfx folder?

7 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #200296 Re: map editor trouble

I tried that already and it still doesn't work.

7 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #200297 Re: map editor trouble

Do any dialog boxes pop up? Maybe it is an OS thing what is your OS? "Im guessing its windows 7"

Edit: Also if they are custom gfx maybe try the gfx from the v 28 EO client just to get that out of the way!

7 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #200298 Re: map editor trouble

No dialogue boxes shows up. The program just keeps blinking when I try to open it. And OS?

Edit: Oh, nvm, Yeah, it is windows 7. But its windows 10 now, i didn't wanna download windows 10 but it updated by itself.

7 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #200299 Re: map editor trouble

Is it flashing the tile specs in the pallete or just blinking and closeing?

If it is flashing the tiles thats normal you just need to select File/New and assign name width and height or File/Open to edit an existing map. Have you used any of the eo map editors before this?

7 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #200300 Re: map editor trouble

Have you tried right clicking the mapedit program and properties and setting compatibility options like windows 98, windows 200, windows xp?

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #200301 Re: map editor trouble

Here's a Different one, Try to update your Graphics Driver, if you don't have one ( if you're using Microsoft Basic Video Driver w/e its called ) find your GPU Driver and install it.

7 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #200302 Re: map editor trouble

I remember when i upgraded to windows 8 a while back it wouldnt open as well as a few other programs. I had to install windows 7 graphic drivers over the windows 8 ones to solve the issue. Oddly nothing broke and everything worked after that.

7 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #200307 Re: map editor trouble

I've tried all these except one, but the ones i did, didn't work at all. Haven't tried wesly's one yet tho because idk how

7 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #200309 Re: map editor trouble
kick posted: (24th Jun 2016, 02:56 pm)

I've tried all these except one, but the ones i did, didn't work at all. Haven't tried wesly's one yet tho because idk how

1) Has any map editor ever worked on the machine you're trying to run it on?

2) What kind of machine are you trying to run it on, system name or specs etc?

You will need some form of graphics to run this and often smaller laptops designed for convenience (even new) are missing these capabilities.

If you have graphics capabilities and it still doesn't run, you will need to describe exactly what is happening when you try to run it, in some more details please.

Flashing etc leaves a lot to our imaginations lol.

Try updating your graphics drivers etc as mentioned above.

RE: Windows 7 - 10, yeah they are in the process of e-raping people at the moment by installing MS official malware via automatic updates, this "legitimate" malware, then proceeds to download and install windows 10 in a very "bully-like" and dominating fashion, which completely takes over your authority on your machine, and hands it over to micro-douches. New machines will come with this by default likely and it is a pain in the backside to downgrade it back to windows 7 etc.

I think this fits pretty snugly into the category - "Software which is specifically designed to disrupt a computer system".

malware
ˈmalwɛː/
noun
  1. software which is specifically designed to disrupt or damage a computer system.

disrupt
dɪsˈrʌpt/
verb
  1. interrupt (an event, activity, or process) by causing a disturbance or problem.
    "flooding disrupted rail services"
    synonyms: throw into confusion, throw into disorder, throw into disarray, cause confusion/turmoil in, play havoc with, derange, turn upside-down, make a mess of; More
    • drastically alter or destroy the structure of.
      "alcohol can disrupt the chromosomes of an unfertilized egg"
      synonyms: distortdamagebucklewarpMore
7 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #200310 Re: map editor trouble

Check what kind of graphics card you have and google its name + "driver" and download the one for the os you're on. If that doesnt work try one for an older os if you're feeling risky. Make sure you download it from the official site for said drivers as well.

7 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #200311 Re: map editor trouble

Try just disabling the display driver first. If Winblows 10 has forced an unwanted driver update on you there is a good possibility that it will work just fine when disabled. If the program runs then chances are it is a driver issue and not some other problem like a missing graphic. If it is a driver, make sure to get one directly from the manufacturer's web page.

7 years, 44 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > map editor trouble