EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Looking for a Mp3-Midi Converter that's good.
Page: << 1 >>
Looking for a Mp3-Midi Converter that's good.
Post #200275 Looking for a Mp3-Midi Converter that's good.

I've been wanting to work on my own server for a very long time now. I have some great ideas in store for it. However up first on the list would happen to be the music. Does anyone know a good mp3 to Midi converter that will make the music sound as if it we're to belong in EO? I would greatly appreciate this. 

7 years, 45 weeks ago
Post #200276 Re: Looking for a Mp3-Midi Converter that's good.

You can't convert from MP3 to MIDI. MIDI is basically instructions that your sound card can interpret as music notes. It is kind of like digital sheet music. MP3 is actually recorded digital audio. There have been attempts to pull MIDI notes from real audio, but they all seem to fail horribly unless the audio is recorded from single instrument melodies. In other words if you Google something that says it can do this, the end result will most likely be utter shit.

7 years, 45 weeks ago
Post #200277 Re: Looking for a Mp3-Midi Converter that's good.
Apollo posted: (21st Jun 2016, 01:00 pm)

You can't convert from MP3 to MIDI. MIDI is basically instructions that your sound card can interpret as music notes. It is kind of like digital sheet music. MP3 is actually recorded digital audio. There have been attempts to pull MIDI notes from real audio, but they all seem to fail horribly unless the audio is recorded from single instrument melodies. In other words if you Google something that says it can do this, the end result will most likely be utter shit.

I tried this once, believe me, It didn't go well xD

7 years, 45 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Looking for a Mp3-Midi Converter that's good.