Page: << 1 >>
Npc Gfx
Post #199976 Npc Gfx

So each npc has 18 bmp images. The first 4 images are for it's standing or neutral state. The next 8 are for its walk animation. Then, the next 4 are for its attack animation. What are the next 2 images for? I need to know this for my project.

7 years, 50 weeks ago
Post #199977 Re: Npc Gfx

Now we need to know what is your project!

---
Remember when is not an organization nor a fucking group , it's simply an idea that we believe in
and live for.
The priority of Remember when should come before oxygen , as oxygen is cosmetic even life itself is
cosmetic,that's why offer our worthless lives to The "Remember when"
7 years, 50 weeks ago
Post #199978 Re: Npc Gfx

It's called EOModern, my attempt on the re-creation of EO using my own client and server with C++ and SFML. It's supposed to include some new mechanics to attract new players. Anyway all I've added is walk animations, and attack animations, and the server works to connect all the clients together into one networked game. So you could open multiple clients and control each one, and each player would be synchronized on all other clients, nothing too advanced. I might add some videos when I actually implement combat, but right now I need to finish adding other entities in other than just player characters. So, I want to know what those last 2 frames are for because I can't tell since they're mostly always blank..

7 years, 50 weeks ago
Post #199979 Re: Npc Gfx

I think the two you're missing is front and back views of casting spells.

7 years, 50 weeks ago
Post #199980 Re: Npc Gfx
Soook posted: (8th May 2016, 05:29 pm)

There we go. Thank you. I've played EO a long time ago, and I didn't know mobs could cast spells. What examples are there of mobs casting spells? Just curious.
7 years, 50 weeks ago
Post #199981 Re: Npc Gfx
LegendaryG posted: (8th May 2016, 05:33 pm)

There we go. Thank you. I've played EO a long time ago, and I didn't know mobs could cast spells. What examples are there of mobs casting spells? Just curious.

I'm not sure if it was actually put into the game before Vult stopped working on it. I'm not that knowledgeable with the GFX part so I'm not 100% if it's actually spell casting that's missing.
7 years, 50 weeks ago
Post #199982 Re: Npc Gfx
Soook posted: (8th May 2016, 05:36 pm)

LegendaryG posted: (8th May 2016, 05:33 pm)

I'm not sure if it was actually put into the game before Vult stopped working on it. I'm not that knowledgeable with the GFX part so I'm not 100% if it's actually spell casting that's missing.

I found that the cactasaur actually has those 2 frames but they are an exact copy of the  first frame of its attack animation. It has its 'hand' up, which looks like it's trying to cast a spell like a character would, so I'm pretty sure you are correct. Also it makes sense, if a mob is casting a spell, it's basically 'attacking' the player, so that's why it's the same as the attack animation. I found that the penguin also uses those 2 frames for casting spells and they are both the same as the first frame of its attack animation where it jumps up to hit the player.
7 years, 50 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>