EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Building eoserv (Windows Guide)
Page: << 1 >>
Building eoserv (Windows Guide)
Post #199844 Building eoserv (Windows Guide)

I've noticed the current guide on the wiki, for building and compiling eoserv isn't complete and has some issues.
So I decided to make a tutorial for windows. I know how annoying it is reading instructions that aren't complete/updated and end up not working after all the effort. xD

For anyone who can't get eoserv setup and compiled, you can follow this guide I made. Hopefully more people will start to make servers.
I'm too lazy to re-post/re-style it on eoserv right now.

If you want, you can find the tutorial at: http://eoguide.boards.net/thread/53/building-eoserv-windows

Hopefully this will help anyone having troubles building the latest eoserv revisions/sources!

---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
8 years, 4 days ago
Post #199849 Re: Building eoserv (Windows Guide)

Oh come on update the wiki. lol

---
http://www.ctronic.ga
http://www.tsu.co/Deltro
https://www.reverbnation.com/deltro9
8 years, 3 days ago
Post #199856 Re: Building eoserv (Windows Guide)

ExecuteSQL won't work in HeidiSQL. The Arrow is dark and not blue. I followed all steps correctly and stuck at that point

8 years, 2 days ago
Post #199859 Re: Building eoserv (Windows Guide)
chips posted: (2nd May 2016, 10:21 pm)

ExecuteSQL won't work in HeidiSQL. The Arrow is dark and not blue. I followed all steps correctly and stuck at that point

Have you tried using SQLite? It's much easier if you unsure with MySQL and EOSERV will set everything up for you upon running then program.

I haven't seen the guide Shane posted but the original is pretty much perfect, I had some problems with updating my compiler to the newest but sausage gave me a different build flag and now it compiles fine. Compiling on Linux was way easier tho and is probably better since everyone keeps telling me Linux is better for running the server anyway.

I'm sure if you post your errors someone here could give you a hand to get you going in the right direction.

8 years, 2 days ago
Post #199862 Re: Building eoserv (Windows Guide)

Hey. In heidiSQL, you have to click/highlight your database. It should be named eoserv if you followed the guide exactly. Click the tab that says install.sql, and the arrow will become clickable. Execute your tables(click the blue arrow.)

---Make sure you select the second eoserv column in heidiSQL, (if you have two columns named eoserv.) Select the second one, not the first one (Dolphin icon/image )

---
8 years, 2 days ago
Post #199864 Re: Building eoserv (Windows Guide)
shayne posted: (3rd May 2016, 05:29 am)

Hey. In heidiSQL, you have to click/highlight your database. It should be named eoserv if you followed the guide exactly. Click the tab that says install.sql, and the arrow will become clickable. Execute your tables(click the blue arrow.)

---Make sure you select the second eoserv column in heidiSQL, (if you have two columns named eoserv.) Select the second one, not the first one (Dolphin icon/image )

I do not see install.sql and I have tried clicking eoserv and it is highlighted. I see the dolphin icon and I did not click on that one but I see no install.sql. The only tabs I see are Host, Database and Query when I click on eoserv. I'll add a picture to show you what I'm seeing Photo added

8 years, 2 days ago
Post #199865 Re: Building eoserv (Windows Guide)
chips posted: (3rd May 2016, 06:29 am)

shayne posted: (3rd May 2016, 05:29 am)

I do not see install.sql and I have tried clicking eoserv and it is highlighted. I see the dolphin icon and I did not click on that one but I see no install.sql. The only tabs I see are Host, Database and Query when I click on eoserv. I'll add a picture to show you what I'm seeing Photo added

You have to open your install script (from inside your trunk folder).
-Open your trunk folder, and then open the install (SQL-Script 4KB). Then highlight your eoserv database and click the query tab.
-you should be able to click the blue arrow now. (Execute the tables that show in the query tab.)

You will probably get an error like stated in the guide. Just close HeidiSQL, and re-open it from your trunk folder.
You should see all your tables created now. Let me know if you have any more issues.

---
8 years, 2 days ago
Post #200649 Re: Building eoserv (Windows Guide)

I used your guide works pretty good! I came across some errors about libthread while compiling . It might be worth mentioning in the guide

c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../libpthread.a(libwinpthread_la-thread.o):thread.c:(.text+0x2a48): multiple definition of `pthread_create'

..\lib/libpthreadGC2.a(dkfts00036.o):(.text+0x0): first defined here

c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../libpthread.a(libwinpthread_la-thread.o):thread.c:(.text+0x3000): multiple definition of `pthread_detach'

..\lib/libpthreadGC2.a(dkfts00038.o):(.text+0x0): first defined here

c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../libpthread.a(libwinpthread_la-mutex.o):mutex.c:(.text+0x498): multiple definition of `pthread_mutex_unlock'

When codeblocks is open right click eoserv select build options go to linker settings and put this -lpthread

in other linker options. It solved the issue for me.
7 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #200655 Re: Building eoserv (Windows Guide)
insomniac posted: (28th Jul 2016, 07:24 pm)

I used your guide works pretty good! I came across some errors about libthread while compiling . It might be worth mentioning in the guide

c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../libpthread.a(libwinpthread_la-thread.o):thread.c:(.text+0x2a48): multiple definition of `pthread_create'

..\lib/libpthreadGC2.a(dkfts00036.o):(.text+0x0): first defined here

c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../libpthread.a(libwinpthread_la-thread.o):thread.c:(.text+0x3000): multiple definition of `pthread_detach'

..\lib/libpthreadGC2.a(dkfts00038.o):(.text+0x0): first defined here

c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../libpthread.a(libwinpthread_la-mutex.o):mutex.c:(.text+0x498): multiple definition of `pthread_mutex_unlock'

When codeblocks is open right click eoserv select build options go to linker settings and put this -lpthread

in other linker options. It solved the issue for me.
Glad it could be of use. :)

I've never encountered those errors myself, but that's good to note incase others do.
Thanks for letting me know, I'll update the guide sometime soon and credit you for the error/fix.
---
7 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #203169 Re: Building eoserv (Windows Guide)

Hey I keep getting this compile error

mingw32-g++.exe -L"C:\Program Files\MariaDB\MariaDB C Client Library 64-bit\include" -L"C:\Program Files\MariaDB\MariaDB C Client Library 64-bit\lib" -o ..\eoserv.exe ..\obj\Release\tu\commands.o ..\obj\Release\tu\eoplus.o ..\obj\Release\tu\game_1.o ..\obj\Release\tu\game_2.o ..\obj\Release\tu\game_3.o ..\obj\Release\tu\handlers.o ..\obj\Release\tu\main.o ..\obj\Release\tu\sha256.o ..\obj\Release\tu\system.o  ..\obj\Release\project\winres.res -lpthreadGC2 -s  -lws2_32 -lpthreadGC2 -lwinmm -lmariadb

c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/5.3.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lpthreadGC2

c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/5.3.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lpthreadGC2

C:\Program Files\MariaDB\MariaDB C Client Library 64-bit\lib/libmariadb.dll: file not recognized: File format not recognized

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

I have the pthreadGC2.dll file but I can't figure out where it wants me to put it...

6 years, 49 weeks ago
Post #203173 Re: Building eoserv (Windows Guide)
overbakedtoast posted: (21st May 2017, 12:54 am)

Hey I keep getting this compile error

mingw32-g++.exe -L"C:\Program Files\MariaDB\MariaDB C Client Library 64-bit\include" -L"C:\Program Files\MariaDB\MariaDB C Client Library 64-bit\lib" -o ..\eoserv.exe ..\obj\Release\tu\commands.o ..\obj\Release\tu\eoplus.o ..\obj\Release\tu\game_1.o ..\obj\Release\tu\game_2.o ..\obj\Release\tu\game_3.o ..\obj\Release\tu\handlers.o ..\obj\Release\tu\main.o ..\obj\Release\tu\sha256.o ..\obj\Release\tu\system.o  ..\obj\Release\project\winres.res -lpthreadGC2 -s  -lws2_32 -lpthreadGC2 -lwinmm -lmariadb

C:\Program Files\MariaDB\MariaDB C Client Library 64-bit\lib/libmariadb.dll: file not recognized: File format not recognized

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

I have the pthreadGC2.dll file but I can't figure out where it wants me to put it...

Have you set -lpthread in your linker settings?
If not, open your project in codeblocks, click the Project tab, then click the Build options... tab.
Click the Linker settings tab, click the Other linker options box, then type without quotes "-lpthread" and press Ok.
Press Alt+Shift+S to save everything(<pretty sure you have to.) Build or rebuild after.

I think your other problem is that you either need to use the 32bit version of the MariaDB Connector 2.0.0, or replace your eoserv folders 'mariadb.dll', and your mariadb include folders 'mariadb.dll' with the 32bit dll: https://www.mediafire.com/?cpda9039k38xg4k
---
6 years, 49 weeks ago
Post #203212 Re: Building eoserv (Windows Guide)

I might be talking utter rubbish here, but here it is anyway.. I think eoserv automatically wants GC2 but the mingw-get will give you the updated GC-3. That could cause issues if not changed I guess?

6 years, 46 weeks ago
Post #203214 Re: Building eoserv (Windows Guide)
callum posted: (10th Jun 2017, 10:41 pm)

I might be talking utter rubbish here, but here it is anyway.. I think eoserv automatically wants GC2 but the mingw-get will give you the updated GC-3. That could cause issues if not changed I guess?

I'm pretty sure you're right. I came across this exact issue QUITE a while ago and completely forgot about it. It grabbed the gc-3 dll, and would not work without the gc2 dll.

I could be wrong, but I think there was another issue related to this with having to remove the linked library to it as well, and adding -lpthread in the 'Other linker options'.
Not entirely sure if that was exactly the issue I was thinking of.. :(

Thanks for mentioning that, I'll definitely have to update the guide and credit you for that!
---
6 years, 46 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Building eoserv (Windows Guide)