EOSERV Forum > Game Development > Sanctum/Remake
Page: << 1 2 3 4 >>
Sanctum/Remake
Post #199485 Sanctum/Remake

Considering that I havn't had any challenges in college for Computer Science, I decided i'd come back here and try and revive what I started. Ive spent a couple hours working on this so far and it has kept me entertained. I am once again working on a server/client that will resemble EO with the original graphics but it will rescrap all current protocol in exchange for anything that works better. 

Every release will include source

- (and maybe executable) I'm coding this in python since it is what i'm using in my classes

Current progress: 

- Full TCP client/server functionality, without the unnecessary encryption and verification processes the original server/client has for packet

- Reads configuration files (INI format for server settings/etc, works like the packet handlers)

I will post more updates as I work on this and will post the source once I start adding some graphic capability to the client

Next step will be to convert some of the images in the PE files to sprite sheets (e.g. what I was doing with old Sanctum where I took the races out and combined them into one sheet)

If anyone wants to post some suggestions on data storage, protocol, format, etc. feel free to!

Potential Client: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b91laoftxh4t57x/EOWeb.zip?dl=0

Currently supports:

Rendering of tile maps created with Tiled Map Editor

Rendering of base actors (player skins) (keyboard control supported)

---
Andrewbob - I would be on the fucking copter of rofls

Programmer, Web Developer, and Graphics Designer
8 years, 11 weeks ago
Post #199486 Re: Sanctum/Remake

Hell yeah, hell yeah! Sounds and looks like a fantastic idea to me. If there's anything I can do to help, I'd certainly be happy to! If the gfx are going to follow the same EO style, I'll happily submit the stripped down, EO free, GUI I'm working on. ^^

8 years, 11 weeks ago
Post #199487 Re: Sanctum/Remake

Niiiice. One thing that I want to say. Please,  please, please continue to work on  this. Alot of people on eoserv tend to start a project, advertise it, get people's hopes up only to quit. I'm tired of that. I want to see something different starting with you wild. I'm expecting it.

---
"Straight outta cago"
8 years, 11 weeks ago
Post #199488 Re: Sanctum/Remake

Hope you dont get bored Andrew. Glad to see you at it again.

---
http://www.ctronic.ga
http://www.tsu.co/Deltro
https://www.reverbnation.com/deltro9
8 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #199490 Re: Sanctum/Remake
kodyt posted: (13th Feb 2016, 03:30 am)

Same here, im definitely motivated to work on this quite a bit. If you have any ideas or suggestions make sure to let me know!
---

8 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #199491 Re: Sanctum/Remake
Wildsurvival posted: (13th Feb 2016, 07:19 pm)

Same here, im definitely motivated to work on this quite a bit. If you have any ideas or suggestions make sure to let me know!

A line of code so that if anyone talks about FE or ele they get banned =P           

Joking aside (Or was I ???), the following would be interesting if you could figure it out somehow, even though it was not in the original client.

Inventory Manager  (Normally all items fill from top left to bottom right, allows you to maximize the given inventory space, set defaults?? such as gear on right, idk)

Friend/Ignore list Online/Same Map checker. I know there were commands like #find #warpmeto , so it is possible for the client/server to pick up where people are. Notify in System chat or in friend list.

Key remapping - Would also allow for chat box to be toggled off so you could do WASD movement instead of arrow keys.

Random item spawn code??? Things like Lotto were a bitch because you always had to #remap and whatnot and have 20-30 variants of a specific map.

NPC stat modifier so that all (Ex: Goats) dont have the same health/damage on spawn. (Ex: 2-8 health, 1-3 attack, Increased crits, etc.)

I'm sure someone else could think of more that could be added.

---
Former multi-server mapper.
8 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #199492 Re: Sanctum/Remake
Misca posted: (14th Feb 2016, 12:08 am)

Joking aside (Or was I ???), the following would be interesting if you could figure it out somehow, even though it was not in the original client.

Inventory Manager  (Normally all items fill from top left to bottom right, allows you to maximize the given inventory space, set defaults?? such as gear on right, idk)

Friend/Ignore list Online/Same Map checker. I know there were commands like #find #warpmeto , so it is possible for the client/server to pick up where people are. Notify in System chat or in friend list.

Key remapping - Would also allow for chat box to be toggled off so you could do WASD movement instead of arrow keys.

Random item spawn code??? Things like Lotto were a bitch because you always had to #remap and whatnot and have 20-30 variants of a specific map.

NPC stat modifier so that all (Ex: Goats) dont have the same health/damage on spawn. (Ex: 2-8 health, 1-3 attack, Increased crits, etc.)

Variable stats per NPC seem very Pokemon-like, but I like that sort of outside the box thinking. Realistically, no two beasts realistically should be exactly the same, but randomly configured within a reasonable limit so that each one is different from the next. Not sure that would matter though as a few player levels would surpass a one-hit KO at some point and NPC dynamics wouldn't be noticed. Would be smart to have an NPC formula that would allow a single entry NPC to level up with random statistics per zone players enter. Anyway, I like it.
8 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #199499 Re: Sanctum/Remake

"A line of code so that if anyone talks about FE or ele they get banned =P"

Why so salty? :u
---
Something I do instead of sleeping
8 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #199501 Re: Sanctum/Remake

Still find the time to dickeat on elevations on a topic completely unrelated to him.. let it go, buddy.
8 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #199503 Re: Sanctum/Remake
Septharoth posted: (15th Feb 2016, 08:44 am)

Still find the time to dickeat on elevations on a topic completely unrelated to him.. let it go, buddy.

Yeah because I've never played FE and it's purple glory? And never got hacked/banned by Ele? If you and panda are that upset over a joke and feel the need to forum lurk just to call someone out on that, that's pretty pathetic. 

Back on topic. 

---
Former multi-server mapper.
8 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #199506 Re: Sanctum/Remake

Maybe finally giving these buttons a function. (Yes, I spent time doing those arrows. Judge me.)

Right now they don't do anything, and I think they were intended to do something for v29.

Maybe even giving some stats a proper function too. As far as I know, Intelligence and Charisma don't do anything. Maybe giving them some functionality would be great too.

Fixing the #find command so it gives you the X Y distance in tiles how far away you are from the person you're trying to find, provided you're on that same map. That would be pretty useful, and can still be used when people decide to do H&S events.

That's all I got off of the top of my head. I'm sure I could think of more.
---
"Nurd, you're like a fucking swiss army knife" - Necrosis
8 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #199528 Re: Sanctum/Remake
Misca posted: (15th Feb 2016, 01:27 pm)

Septharoth posted: (15th Feb 2016, 08:44 am)

Yeah because I've never played FE and it's purple glory? And never got hacked/banned by Ele? If you and panda are that upset over a joke and feel the need to forum lurk just to call someone out on that, that's pretty pathetic. 

Back on topic. 

You're getting ahead of yourself. I didn't call you outr. I just asked why so salty. I'd say you overthought what I said but from that reply it looks like you didn't think at all.

---
Something I do instead of sleeping
8 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #199530 Re: Sanctum/Remake

yo! it's cool to see you're still programming. i'll be coming around to check up on the project.

i hope you don't lose focus/motivation after a couple of weeks like we used to lol.

---
8 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #199622 Re: Sanctum/Remake

Just posting an update so you guys don't think I'm gone lol. I've done a little bit of graphics stuff for the client, I'm just getting adjusted to PyGame so that it is efficient. 

---

8 years, 5 weeks ago
Post #199623 Re: Sanctum/Remake
Wildsurvival posted: (23rd Mar 2016, 05:14 pm)

Just posting an update so you guys don't think I'm gone lol. I've done a little bit of graphics stuff for the client, I'm just getting adjusted to PyGame so that it is efficient. 

How is PyGame? I've been thinking of getting into it but i'm not sure yet.
8 years, 5 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 4 >>

EOSERV Forum > Game Development > Sanctum/Remake