EOSERV Forum > Game Development > New Endless Online Game
Page: << 1 2 ... 6 7 8 >>
New Endless Online Game
Post #199589 Re: New Endless Online Game
xsepx posted: (14th Mar 2016, 01:10 pm)

I just think its funny everyone who is hyped for Aureus Online, who can't even post consistent status updates and the community goes crazy over it. (A game that has been rebooted several times) with owners who aren't very invested in their project unless it can bring money, and a 3rd party Jump Button Studios who takes over Aureus, but is more focused on its web based flash games (Seem familiar?) and the community backs it 100% but someone else starts a project and people automatically assume it'll be shit. Let the game come out if it does get finished then perhaps you can judge it. NuffSaid.

Because Hiuru's first attempt at Aureus was already good enough to be considered one of the best private servers out there, even if the concepts of levels/floors was not in the main EO. I never really understood why he took it down in the first place, a lot of people including myself spend a shit ton of time grinding to get down to those last few floors. 

And based on the content that he has shown for the new one "Even though JBS isnt really doing anything with it", it is still better than the few things the OP has posted here, hence why I am one of the people saying I would support it. Regardless, there have been other attempts at different EO concepted servers like Aphelion ?? which was a web-browser arena server. I'm not saying the OP's server in anyway will be bad, nor am I sure that anyone else can make that conclusion yet. I am saying that I will not play a game that looks like Age of Empires if it's supposed to be based on EO. <-- Which I've stated several times back in the first few pages.

---
Former multi-server mapper.
8 years, 3 weeks ago
Post #199591 Re: New Endless Online Game

AO was the bomb.

8 years, 3 weeks ago
Post #199593 Re: New Endless Online Game

I'll give this game a shot, Just like i'll give AO a shot if it is ever released again. These days I'm more about Call of Duty anyways... lol

8 years, 3 weeks ago
Post #199603 Re: New Endless Online Game
Misca posted: (14th Mar 2016, 01:52 pm)

xsepx posted: (14th Mar 2016, 01:10 pm)

I just think its funny everyone who is hyped for Aureus Online, who can't even post consistent status updates and the community goes crazy over it. (A game that has been rebooted several times) with owners who aren't very invested in their project unless it can bring money, and a 3rd party Jump Button Studios who takes over Aureus, but is more focused on its web based flash games (Seem familiar?) and the community backs it 100% but someone else starts a project and people automatically assume it'll be shit. Let the game come out if it does get finished then perhaps you can judge it. NuffSaid.

Because Hiuru's first attempt at Aureus was already good enough to be considered one of the best private servers out there, even if the concepts of levels/floors was not in the main EO. I never really understood why he took it down in the first place, a lot of people including myself spend a shit ton of time grinding to get down to those last few floors. 

And based on the content that he has shown for the new one "Even though JBS isnt really doing anything with it", it is still better than the few things the OP has posted here, hence why I am one of the people saying I would support it. Regardless, there have been other attempts at different EO concepted servers like Aphelion ?? which was a web-browser arena server. I'm not saying the OP's server in anyway will be bad, nor am I sure that anyone else can make that conclusion yet. I am saying that I will not play a game that looks like Age of Empires if it's supposed to be based on EO. <-- Which I've stated several times back in the first few pages.

Yeah man I loved hiuru's server I'd still play if it was up
---
Siggy
8 years, 3 weeks ago
Post #202967 Re: New Endless Online Game

A 3D Endless Online sounds about as bad as Ragnarok 2. No offense.

---
Whitewolf v19
Endless Origins and Z
7 years, 3 weeks ago
Post #202972 Re: New Endless Online Game
Paranoid posted: (16th Mar 2017, 06:39 pm)

A 3D Endless Online sounds about as bad as Ragnarok 2. No offense.

I was working on a project like it for awhile. It was going to me more like Maplestory 2 is, less cube-y though. Didn't get too far into it though. (And I suppose, looking back, it wasn't so much 3d as more 3d than EO is now.
---
Former multi-server mapper.
7 years, 3 weeks ago
Post #203298 Re: New Endless Online Game

Wow it is amazing how many posts i got here after i decided to scrap the project and start working on Dedera because i couldn't find a style everybody liked. This was the whole reason i decided to create Dedera and if it wasn't for this Dedera would not have even been a thought.

6 years, 41 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 ... 6 7 8 >>

EOSERV Forum > Game Development > New Endless Online Game