EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > EO.Addons (Update 21/12/15)
Page: << 1 2 >>
EO.Addons (Update 21/12/15)
Post #198972 Re: EO.Addons
kodyt posted: (3rd Dec 2015, 01:04 am)

Cirras posted: (2nd Dec 2015, 09:07 pm)

PANDAMONIOM posted: (2nd Dec 2015, 11:41 am)

Here's a few suggestions.

(An) Addon(s) to:

1. Log the you play from the time you launch the game to the time you exit the game. Just something for those who only want to be on for certain periods of time or track their average play time on a day to day basis.

2. Show online staff

3. A notifier to send a private message with a link to the addons download page with the current version of the addon(s).

4. Track your experince gain per minute and give you an estimated time needed to level from your current level, experience, and the experience you gain per minute.

5. Block the moving animation of still/standing NPC's & remove NPC display names. This is meant to make it a little less laggy when on maps with a lot of NPC's. (I don't know if this can be done...)

Moving animations have never caused any sort of clientside lag from what I've seen. It's like, the easiest thing in the world for the client to render, it's just switching between frame 1 and frame 2. Every time an NPC moves it goes from frame1 to frame5 to frame6 to frame7 to frame8 and back to frame1.

Pie-In-The-Sky ideas: Some method by which the server can force the character to move. Also a method by which the server can make a character disappear on its own screen (I have something experimental on this already.) These would require EO.Addons to handle a previously unknown packet coming in from the server and essentially force the same thing that a up/down/left/right would do. 

Not true, when on dial up (and a shitty machine) npc movement does cause lag more so if you are in a heavily npc dominated area. This can be seen in the desert with all the gnomes running around. Turning off chatbubbles, shadows ect  all help a bit but movement does cause lag on horrible dial up connections. I mean it's player side lag due to slow speed, but still turning off animations would be a nice boost to less things having to exchange. 

But I rather see a player animation removal option as most ppl with bad connections are around town not out trying to fight monsters. 

Turning off animation will not help. As each screen is rendered; it doesn't matter what animation frame each NPC/Player is on, its still has to be drawn and uses the same time to draw it regardless of the frame. The EO client does dynamically adjust your framerate to reduce CPU usage if nothing is moving (one of the very few things Vult actually did right). So there is very little to gain there. 

Why still talk about old machine on dialup? Does EO.Addons need to magically make EO run on a TI-82?

Reality check. It's 2015. We have 4k resolution screens connected to GPU's that can push multiple billions of triangles per second at 60fps and 80Mbps broadband internet connections. EO is a 12 year old 2D game that quad fills about 300 2D bitmaps at 16fps and consumes less bandwidth than a goldfish.... errr.... I forgot where I was going with this. =D It's 2:36am forgive me XD

---
http://sordie.co.uk
http://twitter.com/@SordieEO
8 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #198973 Re: EO.Addons
PANDAMONIUM- You can remove npc names, and freeze npc animations pretty easy with client modifications. I'm sure if you thought enough about all the different things you can modify in the eo client, you could find quite a bit of stuff that could be modified/blocked to reduce lag.

As far as I'm aware, the old speed hack speeds up all actions of the client, (unless fixed server side- like attacking on eoserv.)
You could reduce the old speed hacks value a bit, and it will help with lag from what I've seen.
I've tested this because my pc is slow on VirtualBox>EO, and it helps a lot, especially for laggy/delayed typing. :P

Sordie
- Nice job on the EO Notify update Sordie. I'm gonna have to check it out soon, I'd like to test this out.
I have a couple ideas for things to work on.

-Addon/Client Mod [Custom Client Colors]
(Ex- Text Fields, Cursor Blink, Chat Bubbles, Transparency%, Text Color, Map Color, others ect.)

-Addon [Inventory Sorter]
This was mentioned by someone here before, but I'll expand on it a bit. It would be cool if it was possible to sort the inventory in a customized way, such as sort by Item Type, sort by Item Size, or some other type of method. No clue if this is doable, but it would be neat.

-If I think of anything that might be useful, I'll let you know.
-If you're adding Anti Afk/Status Bars, you should add chat spam, and possibly Refresh Hack/Moon Lite. Maybe even (Automatic)-Instant login if you don't have added.
---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
8 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #198974 Re: EO.Addons
Sordie posted: (3rd Dec 2015, 02:36 am)

(An) Addon(s) to:

1. Log the you play from the time you launch the game to the time you exit the game. Just something for those who only want to be on for certain periods of time or track their average play time on a day to day basis.

2. Show online staff

3. A notifier to send a private message with a link to the addons download page with the current version of the addon(s).

4. Track your experince gain per minute and give you an estimated time needed to level from your current level, experience, and the experience you gain per minute.

5. Block the moving animation of still/standing NPC's & remove NPC display names. This is meant to make it a little less laggy when on maps with a lot of NPC's. (I don't know if this can be done...)

Moving animations have never caused any sort of clientside lag from what I've seen. It's like, the easiest thing in the world for the client to render, it's just switching between frame 1 and frame 2. Every time an NPC moves it goes from frame1 to frame5 to frame6 to frame7 to frame8 and back to frame1.

Pie-In-The-Sky ideas: Some method by which the server can force the character to move. Also a method by which the server can make a character disappear on its own screen (I have something experimental on this already.) These would require EO.Addons to handle a previously unknown packet coming in from the server and essentially force the same thing that a up/down/left/right would do. 

Not true, when on dial up (and a shitty machine) npc movement does cause lag more so if you are in a heavily npc dominated area. This can be seen in the desert with all the gnomes running around. Turning off chatbubbles, shadows ect  all help a bit but movement does cause lag on horrible dial up connections. I mean it's player side lag due to slow speed, but still turning off animations would be a nice boost to less things having to exchange. 

But I rather see a player animation removal option as most ppl with bad connections are around town not out trying to fight monsters. 

Turning off animation will not help. As each screen is rendered; it doesn't matter what animation frame each NPC/Player is on, its still has to be drawn and uses the same time to draw it regardless of the frame. The EO client does dynamically adjust your framerate to reduce CPU usage if nothing is moving (one of the very few things Vult actually did right). So there is very little to gain there. 

Why still talk about old machine on dialup? Does EO.Addons need to magically make EO run on a TI-82?

Reality check. It's 2015. We have 4k resolution screens connected to GPU's that can push multiple billions of triangles per second at 60fps and 80Mbps broadband internet connections. EO is a 12 year old 2D game that quad fills about 300 2D bitmaps at 16fps and consumes less bandwidth than a goldfish.... errr.... I forgot where I was going with this. =D It's 2:36am forgive me XD

You may be surprised how many people who play 12 year old games still play them on 12 year old systems and free internet. 
---
http://www.ctronic.ga
http://www.tsu.co/Deltro
https://www.reverbnation.com/deltro9
8 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #198975 Re: EO.Addons
Sordie posted: (3rd Dec 2015, 02:36 am)

(An) Addon(s) to:

2. Show online staff

I'm still playing on dial-up.
---
The good times are killing me.
8 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #198976 Re: EO.Addons

XD OK I get it, most of EO people are very late adopters. Please keep this topic to EO.Addons stuff and not what retro stuff you still use.

EDIT: OK I added a couple of addons for err.. retro users =P

EDIT EDIT: Changed all links to my new website!

---
http://sordie.co.uk
http://twitter.com/@SordieEO
8 years, 20 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > EO.Addons (Update 21/12/15)