EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Welcome Dialog / Message & Commands List Code
Page: << 1 >>
Welcome Dialog / Message & Commands List Code
Post #198723 Welcome Dialog / Message & Commands List Code

I wasn't sure if it was even worth releasing this as it's super simple, but I thought I might aswell. The code basically opens up a quest dialog box and displays the dialog you set with the amount of pages you set.

The quest packet isn't 100%, It worked fine so I left it (I don't think it even matters?) And of course you'll need a player command handler for the command part.

Sorry if this isn't very detailed, if you need any assistance feel free to inbox me.

Command:

http://alpha-bot.net/c++/code/CommandDialogList.txt

As for the welcome dialog / messages, add these in welcome.cpp around line 370:

http://alpha-bot.net/c++/code/WelcomeDialogMsg.txt

Here's the config stuff:

http://alpha-bot.net/c++/code/Messages.txt

Please post any bugs/errors and I'll try my best to fix them ASAP.

8 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #198724 Re: Welcome Dialog / Message & Commands List Code

Nice release!

8 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #198725 Re: Welcome Dialog / Message & Commands List Code

Neat release.

1.) For the 3rd argument of the packet function, size, shouldn't you be factoring in the fact that your packet's data is being populated by a vector?
     For instance, instead of 10 putting [<size of packet with empty vector> + <size of data added by vector based on vector.size()>]?

2.) I don't believe this will matter, but I think the proper thing to call instead of character->usage is character->Usage(), as that function is what provides their accurate usage.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
8 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #198728 Re: Welcome Dialog / Message & Commands List Code

Any code release, is a good release for EOServ, especially since barely any programmers here release this kind of stuff anymore. Keep it up, it's appreciated!

---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
8 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #198731 Re: Welcome Dialog / Message & Commands List Code
Cirras posted: (26th Oct 2015, 12:59 am)

Neat release.

1.) For the 3rd argument of the packet function, size, shouldn't you be factoring in the fact that your packet's data is being populated by a vector?
     For instance, instead of 10 putting [<size of packet with empty vector> + <size of data added by vector based on vector.size()>]?

2.) I don't believe this will matter, but I think the proper thing to call instead of character->usage is character->Usage(), as that function is what provides their accurate usage.

Yeah I did say the packet wasn't 100%, there's also a few other things that should be changed really. It's just me being lazy and not fixing stuff until they're a problem.

@Shayne; Thanks :> I hope these little releases inspire some others to release some code they've been working on too. I will probably continue to release more small features, only small & simple ones :p

8 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #198744 Re: Welcome Dialog / Message & Commands List Code
callum posted: (26th Oct 2015, 03:28 am)

Cirras posted: (26th Oct 2015, 12:59 am)

Neat release.

Yeah I did say the packet wasn't 100%, there's also a few other things that should be changed really. It's just me being lazy and not fixing stuff until they're a problem.

@Shayne; Thanks :> I hope these little releases inspire some others to release some code they've been working on too. I will probably continue to release more small features, only small & simple ones :p

As far as I'm concerned if it works then why fix something that isn't broken :D
8 years, 27 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Welcome Dialog / Message & Commands List Code