EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Client Hack Question
Page: << 1 2 >>
Client Hack Question
Post #198712 Re: Client Hack Question
Cirras posted: (25th Oct 2015, 09:11 am)

shayne posted: (25th Oct 2015, 09:00 am)

Cirras posted: (25th Oct 2015, 08:22 am)

kodyt posted: (25th Oct 2015, 07:28 am)

shayne posted: (25th Oct 2015, 07:24 am)

kodyt posted: (25th Oct 2015, 05:03 am)

shayne posted: (25th Oct 2015, 04:32 am)

Hacker_Alex posted: (25th Oct 2015, 03:55 am)

Nice discovery :p

Thanks,  it's not the way I intended it to work though. xD I didn't expect it would allow you to speed mage that much faster. :(

Eh I don't think it's really "speed" mage though, I mean it increases the speed but not in a cheating manor imo. 
I get what you're saying, but if you can cast two spells in the time it normally takes to cast one, than it's pretty much a speed hack, in part anyways. =( In a cheating sense, it's not so bad though, because the initial spell cast won't be faster than anyone else. But on the flip side of that, if there is 2 targets near ,you can mage them both faster, than someone without the hack.

Put up a video of the speed difference, I'd like to see this. lol I just don't see how it could literally be 2x faster just from having it constantly queued. 

Bad serverside handling, in a nutshell.
Pretty much, I'm sure there is much worse vulnerabilities to. =/

Ok, I uploaded a comparison video for you Kodyt. It's a little laggy though.

Spell Cast Speed Comparison

1.) Are you trying this on the latest revision of EOSERV, or is it a significantly older version?

2.) Would you do me a great favor and attempt the hack on Bones Underground? I believe my serverside handling of spell cast times shouldn't allow it to work, but if it does then I've got a little work to do.

-Yes, I did it on EO Main Clone, so I'm assuming it's the latest revision.

-Sure I could test it out, but I don't have a character on the server. I used to a long time ago, but I wouldn't remember the info anyways. I haven't been on bones/other PServers in years. I probably wouldn't have enough tp+ would have to learn mage spells? =d I'll check it out though :P
---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
8 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #198716 Re: Client Hack Question

I didn't watch the 1st video in the posts, since it wasn't a comparison. 
But watching the comparison I feel like that's how maging should be.. Actually gives mages a chance. lol. 

---
http://www.ctronic.ga
http://www.tsu.co/Deltro
https://www.reverbnation.com/deltro9
8 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #198717 Re: Client Hack Question
kodyt posted: (25th Oct 2015, 03:22 pm)

But watching the comparison I feel like that's how maging should be.. Actually gives mages a chance. lol. 

I mean you could easily boost the damage output for spells, but apart from that I think without the lag of casting the spells it feels way more natural and on-top of that you aren't sitting there with your thumb up your ass spamming your spell button waiting for the cool down which honestly just feels like server lag to people that don't use spells at all.
8 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #198718 Re: Client Hack Question

This will work on any private server as it isn't circumventing actual spell cast time, but rather the human interval between pressing the function key and mouse click. The same effect can be achieved by wedging a nickel in your function key to hold it down constantly. 

8 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #198720 Re: Client Hack Question
Apollo posted: (25th Oct 2015, 07:11 pm)

This will work on any private server as it isn't circumventing actual spell cast time, but rather the human interval between pressing the function key and mouse click. The same effect can be achieved by wedging a nickel in your function key to hold it down constantly. 

I'm not sure you're quite right on that one, I believe there's a clientside delay between when you're able to cast the next spell. The cast-time is one thing, the delay casting another is another thing. That's why this didn't work on BU but does work on EO Main Clone.
---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
8 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #198721 Re: Client Hack Question
colbymsn posted: (25th Oct 2015, 04:56 pm)

kodyt posted: (25th Oct 2015, 03:22 pm)

I mean you could easily boost the damage output for spells, but apart from that I think without the lag of casting the spells it feels way more natural and on-top of that you aren't sitting there with your thumb up your ass spamming your spell button waiting for the cool down which honestly just feels like server lag to people that don't use spells at all.

I've never been a fan of damage boost as the spells should be less then physical damage.  But this slight increase in speed I think should be available on the server with out the use of a hack.. Either way shayne needs to release kthx.

(Even tho I haven't been on in along time) 
---
http://www.ctronic.ga
http://www.tsu.co/Deltro
https://www.reverbnation.com/deltro9
8 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #198722 Re: Client Hack Question

Thanks, I'll try figure out where the extra time is coming from and compensate for it. In theory you should only be getting about a 20ms advantage from this.

I'd prefer if you didn't cheat with it, but it's not a huge deal given how much mana you burn through.

8 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #198727 Re: Client Hack Question
Sausage posted: (25th Oct 2015, 10:47 pm)

Thanks, I'll try figure out where the extra time is coming from and compensate for it. In theory you should only be getting about a 20ms advantage from this.

I'd prefer if you didn't cheat with it, but it's not a huge deal given how much mana you burn through.

No worries, I never intended to be able to speed with this hack by the way, it was meant to be a hack that "Always keeps your last spell queued" meaning you don't have to press a F-Key every time you cast a spell on a enemy, and only have to click them, which is very useful in its self. I can assure you the speed difference is at least twice as fast compared to normal, if not more. You can see from the latest video I posted here , that the speed is much faster than normal.

By the way, the reason the difference in speed is so much faster, is because it saves time in two different aspects of spell que. 

-It saves time when first queuing the spell (You don't even have to que the spell), and I've also modified a couple other addresses values, which in part effect the speed from what I've noticed/tested. I can pm you the modified addresses/hack if you want to see exactly how it's done, but obviously would not be a good idea to post it here, and have multi people speed maging on Pservers. =d It takes about 4-5 modified addresses to make the hack actually work this way. 

@Apollo I think you're not understanding correctly. This literally freezes the spell que state/ forces the values of the addresses to stay at "0" which allows you to cast spells, at least twice as fast by never having an inactive spell que state. Without a hack, there is no way to keep a spell queued after casting an initial spell, because the spell que state changes from active-inactive after you cast a spell (The spell icon displayed when a spell is pressed with a (F-Key) is removed.) 

That's the point of this hack, is so the active spell is not removed after casting the spell. Holding down or putting a nickel on the F-Key as you mentioned can not achieve this effect.

Edit- I forgot to mention, you don't have to worry about me using it to cheat, or distribute it, I was only using it to test, and was waiting for your reply to see what you think about it. I kinda figured you would not like this hack to be done anyways, since it's basically a speed hack. If you decide to fix this, it would be nice if you could fix it without removing the spell que part of the hack! Do what you must though! =d

---
8 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #198735 Re: Client Hack Question

Seems like the client has a delay of about 700-800ms between the spell activating and the hotkey firing again, which this bypasses.

Should be fixable by enforcing a 700ms delay between spells, but people using this will always have a slight advantage because of the variance the EO client has.

8 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #198753 Re: Client Hack Question
Sausage posted: (26th Oct 2015, 07:09 am)

Seems like the client has a delay of about 700-800ms between the spell activating and the hotkey firing again, which this bypasses.

Should be fixable by enforcing a 700ms delay between spells, but people using this will always have a slight advantage because of the variance the EO client has.

Yea, I'm sure adding a delay would be good enough. I doubt the advantage would be much of a difference anyways.

-One more minor thing you might want to fix is the delay after sending a message.

[Message Delay Spam- Video]

---
8 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #198782 Re: Client Hack Question
shayne posted: (28th Oct 2015, 05:05 am)

Yea, I'm sure adding a delay would be good enough. I doubt the advantage would be much of a difference anyways.

-One more minor thing you might want to fix is the delay after sending a message.

yeah nice, it was also possible to achieve 10 msgs a second with wpe on private servers that didn't have packet sequence checks hehe. Are you able to crash people if you spam ww's that way?
---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
8 years, 26 weeks ago
Post #198786 Re: Client Hack Question
Hacker_Alex posted: (2nd Nov 2015, 12:04 am)

shayne posted: (28th Oct 2015, 05:05 am)

yeah nice, it was also possible to achieve 10 msgs a second with wpe on private servers that didn't have packet sequence checks hehe. Are you able to crash people if you spam ww's that way?
Nope, I'm pretty sure that particular exploit is fixed for good. I don't see how you could find another way around it.
---
8 years, 26 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Client Hack Question