EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Client Hack Question
Page: << 1 2 >>
Client Hack Question
Post #198600 Client Hack Question

Hey Sausage, I'm hoping you can clarify and tell me if this hack would be ok to use.

-You said "I'm all for hacking up your client however you like, though."
I'm just curious if there is an extent to that, because even though this is just hacking the client like you said, this situation might be different.
Basically what this hack does is always keep your last casted spell active. (So you only have to click the spell one time)

EX:
-Blocks "Spell Queued Click Checks" (Allows you to click anything, without your spell being removed from que)
-Sets/Freezes "Spell Is Queued" values, to proper values (Spell is now always active)

The problem with this, is it unintentionally acts as a "sort of" a speed mage hack. Basically you end up being able to mage almost twice as fast.
The initial spell cast is not actually effected, but since spells are always queued, a spell following the initial one, can be cast faster than normal.

The intention of this hack was to always keep spells queued, but I don't think it's possible to only make it work in that way from what I've tested with it.
I'd like to see what you think about this Sausage.

---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
8 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #198608 Re: Client Hack Question

Does this actually work (with a client modification)? As far as I know (I may be remembering incorrectly), you still have to send the SPELL_REQUEST packet before the SPELL_TARGET_X works and even then eoserv validates time stamps to make sure you aren't speeding. I mean, time stamps aren't perfect but they should prevent noticeable speed hacks.

As an example, spells in my open-source client get cast slightly faster than in the actual client, since my rate-limiting function isn't exactly perfect. But, I had to tweak it a bit to get it to work with eoserv since my original attempt wasn't within the time stamp threshold.

---
class EOSERV {
Programmer | Oldbie
Open source EO Client: https://github.com/ethanmoffat/EndlessClient
};
8 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #198610 Re: Client Hack Question

I guess you could hook the keyboard and mouse. When an F key is pressed save which one. When the user presses the left mouse button, if the shift key is held down, simulate the saved F key before dispatching the mouse down.

---
Forgotten Passwords = Fresh Start
8 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #198623 Re: Client Hack Question
ethanmoffat posted: (22nd Oct 2015, 07:23 pm)

Does this actually work (with a client modification)? As far as I know (I may be remembering incorrectly), you still have to send the SPELL_REQUEST packet before the SPELL_TARGET_X works and even then eoserv validates time stamps to make sure you aren't speeding. I mean, time stamps aren't perfect but they should prevent noticeable speed hacks.

As an example, spells in my open-source client get cast slightly faster than in the actual client, since my rate-limiting function isn't exactly perfect. But, I had to tweak it a bit to get it to work with eoserv since my original attempt wasn't within the time stamp threshold.

Yes it works perfect.

I'm not sure if you're understanding what I mean exactly though. The way this hack works is exactly like so.

-You enable the hack -You que your spell -You cast your spell - Your spell is now always set to active 

Basically there is two spell states. (inactive - active) Normally to use a target spell, you have to set your spell from inactive- active (Click it/press FKey) In other words, having to put a spell from inactive-active causes about a second or so delay before being able to cast a spell.

This hack always has your last selected spell as active, so you do not have to worry about the second + delay that you normally have to wait for. This is where the speed increase [x2] comes from. It doesn't actually/literally change the speed of the spell casted, but it blocks the 1 second+ delay caused from putting a spell from inactive to active. 

I probably explained that crappy, but I'm tired. :(

EDIT- I'll try to post a video of the hack in use, if it isn't too laggy. =d

Double Edit- Ok, the mage is a bit faster than I thought. I made a quick video of the hack. (A little laggy though)=d

[Spell Que Hack]

---
8 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #198642 Re: Client Hack Question
shayne posted: (23rd Oct 2015, 02:39 am)

Yes it works perfect.

I'm not sure if you're understanding what I mean exactly though. The way this hack works is exactly like so.

-You enable the hack -You que your spell -You cast your spell - Your spell is now always set to active 

Basically there is two spell states. (inactive - active) Normally to use a target spell, you have to set your spell from inactive- active (Click it/press FKey) In other words, having to put a spell from inactive-active causes about a second or so delay before being able to cast a spell.

This hack always has your last selected spell as active, so you do not have to worry about the second + delay that you normally have to wait for. This is where the speed increase [x2] comes from. It doesn't actually/literally change the speed of the spell casted, but it blocks the 1 second+ delay caused from putting a spell from inactive to active. 

Double Edit- Ok, the mage is a bit faster than I thought. I made a quick video of the hack. (A little laggy though)=d

[Spell Que Hack]

No, I got what you were saying - I was remembering the spell handling protocol incorrectly. Never mind :)

My assumption was that pressing the F-key to select the spell is what sent the initial spell request packet - turns out this is sent when the target is selected.

---
class EOSERV {
Programmer | Oldbie
Open source EO Client: https://github.com/ethanmoffat/EndlessClient
};
8 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #198643 Re: Client Hack Question
ethanmoffat posted: (23rd Oct 2015, 05:30 am)

shayne posted: (23rd Oct 2015, 02:39 am)

Yes it works perfect.

[Spell Que Hack]

No, I got what you were saying - I was remembering the spell handling protocol incorrectly. Never mind :)

My assumption was that pressing the F-key to select the spell is what sent the initial spell request packet - turns out this is sent when the target is selected.

Ah, I got ya. Yea, I was strictly talking about spell que. =d
---
8 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #198697 Re: Client Hack Question

Nice discovery :p

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
8 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #198699 Re: Client Hack Question
Hacker_Alex posted: (25th Oct 2015, 03:55 am)

Thanks,  it's not the way I intended it to work though. xD I didn't expect it would allow you to speed mage that much faster. :(
---
8 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #198701 Re: Client Hack Question
shayne posted: (25th Oct 2015, 04:32 am)

Thanks,  it's not the way I intended it to work though. xD I didn't expect it would allow you to speed mage that much faster. :(

Eh I don't think it's really "speed" mage though, I mean it increases the speed but not in a cheating manor imo. 
---
http://www.ctronic.ga
http://www.tsu.co/Deltro
https://www.reverbnation.com/deltro9
8 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #198706 Re: Client Hack Question
kodyt posted: (25th Oct 2015, 05:03 am)

Eh I don't think it's really "speed" mage though, I mean it increases the speed but not in a cheating manor imo. 
I get what you're saying, but if you can cast two spells in the time it normally takes to cast one, than it's pretty much a speed hack, in part anyways. =( In a cheating sense, it's not so bad though, because the initial spell cast won't be faster than anyone else. But on the flip side of that, if there is 2 targets near ,you can mage them both faster, than someone without the hack.

---
8 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #198707 Re: Client Hack Question
shayne posted: (25th Oct 2015, 07:24 am)

I get what you're saying, but if you can cast two spells in the time it normally takes to cast one, than it's pretty much a speed hack, in part anyways. =( In a cheating sense, it's not so bad though, because the initial spell cast won't be faster than anyone else. But on the flip side of that, if there is 2 targets near ,you can mage them both faster, than someone without the hack.

Put up a video of the speed difference, I'd like to see this. lol I just don't see how it could literally be 2x faster just from having it constantly queued. 
---
http://www.ctronic.ga
http://www.tsu.co/Deltro
https://www.reverbnation.com/deltro9
8 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #198708 Re: Client Hack Question

I posted a video in my second post on this topic. I'm guessing you didn't notice that though. Probably not a point to redo another video to show both speeds, only because you can easily tell the difference from the video. =d

Edit- If you want to see a comparison video, I might make it later. :P

[Spell Que Hack]

---
8 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #198709 Re: Client Hack Question
kodyt posted: (25th Oct 2015, 07:28 am)

Put up a video of the speed difference, I'd like to see this. lol I just don't see how it could literally be 2x faster just from having it constantly queued. 

Bad serverside handling, in a nutshell.
---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
8 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #198710 Re: Client Hack Question
Cirras posted: (25th Oct 2015, 08:22 am)

Pretty much, I'm sure there is much worse vulnerabilities to. =/

Ok, I uploaded a comparison video for you Kodyt. It's a little laggy though.

Spell Cast Speed Comparison
---
8 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #198711 Re: Client Hack Question
shayne posted: (25th Oct 2015, 09:00 am)

Cirras posted: (25th Oct 2015, 08:22 am)

Pretty much, I'm sure there is much worse vulnerabilities to. =/

Ok, I uploaded a comparison video for you Kodyt. It's a little laggy though.

Spell Cast Speed Comparison

1.) Are you trying this on the latest revision of EOSERV, or is it a significantly older version?

2.) Would you do me a great favor and attempt the hack on Bones Underground? I believe my serverside handling of spell cast times shouldn't allow it to work, but if it does then I've got a little work to do.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
8 years, 27 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Client Hack Question