EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > EOClient/Memory Editing
Page: << 1 >>
EOClient/Memory Editing
Post #198393 EOClient/Memory Editing

I'm hoping to hear from Sausage, or someone who might have knowledge in regards to make this work.
I've been messing around with Cheat Engine, finding addresses related to character statistics, so I can display them in my program.
-For example, I've found the addresses for map#, XLoc, YLoc, and other character statistics, like weight, total gold, ect.
-Then I find the Pointers, and Offsets for every address, and put it into my program.

Everything works fine and displays properly for me, but I got a friend to test it, and it did not display stats properly for him (Didn't work at all.)
I am positive I got the right pointers/offsets, because the addresses do not change to incorrect addresses/values due to DMA.

Edit- An example of my XLoc Pointer/Offset- Pointer: 00D22D84  Offset: +14fc18   [This displays proper for me, but not for others when they try.]

Any help would be appreciated!

---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
8 years, 29 weeks ago
Post #198408 Re: EOClient/Memory Editing

I'm not sure you understand what a pointer+offset is. It's not an actual final memory location. Its a location in memory that holds a value that points to another location. The offset is added to the value in the first location to adjust the final location. This is used when a value may change location in memory such as a dynamically allocated variable. 

None of this is needed in EO to find the information you are looking for as they are static in memory:

Current Map Variable: 0x0C4FFC0C
X Location Variable:  0x0C4FFC1C
Y Location Variable:  0x0C4FFC20

Edit: Sorry I re-read your post. Maybe you do know what pointer+offsets are. You just don't need them for EO. =P It's been a long day.

---
Forgotten Passwords = Fresh Start
8 years, 29 weeks ago
Post #198412 Re: EOClient/Memory Editing
Squirrel posted: (15th Oct 2015, 06:18 pm)

I'm not sure you understand what a pointer+offset is. It's not an actual final memory location. Its a location in memory that holds a value that points to another location. The offset is added to the value in the first location to adjust the final location. This is used when a value may change location in memory such as a dynamically allocated variable. 

None of this is needed in EO to find the information you are looking for as they are static in memory:

Current Map Variable: 0x0C4FFC0C
X Location Variable:  0x0C4FFC1C
Y Location Variable:  0x0C4FFC20

Edit: Sorry I re-read your post. Maybe you do know what pointer+offsets are. You just don't need them for EO. =P It's been a long day.

No worries, and yes you do need to find the pointer and offset for addresses, when you are trying to display an [addresses value] such as map# , xLoc, YLoc. If you don't, the address will change to another location in the clients memory, and you will need to find the new address every time you reload the client.  

Like I said this works perfect for me, and it displays all the character statistics I've added.The pointer and offset always point to the right address for me, however it does not seem to point to the right address for others, only myself.

I'm assuming it doesn't work for others because they are at different locations in memory? That's just a theory, I really don't know a great deal about how the EO Client actually works in this sense. 

I'll try to mess around some more later, but any help along the way would be great!

Edit: Ok I finally figured it out, I had to do a lot more debugging than I thought, and find the proper multi level pointers, not single level like I thought would work! D;

---
8 years, 29 weeks ago
Post #198609 Re: EOClient/Memory Editing

I've never actually looked for them on any other computer than this but they always appear in the same location here. I should try it on another computer/OS. I wonder how many other values I assume are static also change. =P

---
Forgotten Passwords = Fresh Start
8 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #198621 Re: EOClient/Memory Editing
Squirrel posted: (22nd Oct 2015, 07:47 pm)

I've never actually looked for them on any other computer than this but they always appear in the same location here. I should try it on another computer/OS. I wonder how many other values I assume are static also change. =P

Basically, the method you do depends on whether you need the values to display for yourself, or for others also. You absolutely need to test on two different computers for everything you do. I can assure you any addresses you think are static, are not the final location in memory, if you've not been using multi level pointers. 

-If you are only needing to display values for yourself, you can always use single level pointers. Keep in mind everyones addresses will be in different memory locations, so this will never ever work if other people try to use your single level pointer. It will only work for you. I found that out the hard way. :(

-If you are needing to display values for others, you're always going to have to use multi level pointers. Sometimes this process really sucks, because it's very hard to find the correct + final memory location sometimes. There will generally be thousands of different multi level pointers to search through while doing this process, which all effect the initial address you've started with. You just need to know what to look for, and what offsets look right. Also a bit of a trial and error process. =d

---
8 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #198696 Re: EOClient/Memory Editing

Do you take into consideration that the operating system has ASLR enabled?

Sorry, I'm not experienced in this area, I've just learned about that before. Maybe squirrel doesn't know about that, and perhaps it could be why you had to go so deep.
Or perhaps ASLR doesn't apply, but I'm pretty sure I've read that it applies for all programs in windows 7 (atleast) and up.

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
8 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #198700 Re: EOClient/Memory Editing

It isn't an issue for eo client modification, for the most part, (as far as I'm aware). Everything I have done/tested has seemed to work with win7.
I don't really know for sure though, but I've never noticed any issues really. I think I recall a couple things not having worked proper previously though.

Edit- Don't take my word though, I don't know much about that, I only know from what I've tested.

---
8 years, 27 weeks ago
Post #198781 Re: EOClient/Memory Editing

I just mean that the operating system might have measures in place that randomize the memory address locations. That might be why you had to do extra work and the addresses change.

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
8 years, 26 weeks ago
Post #198787 Re: EOClient/Memory Editing
Hacker_Alex posted: (1st Nov 2015, 11:55 pm)

I just mean that the operating system might have measures in place that randomize the memory address locations. That might be why you had to do extra work and the addresses change.

Ah, yea I knew what you meant, but that is not the reason it is so hard to find the correct Pointers. It's hard because you have to start with millions of pointers that are all relative to your initial address, and you have to scan and debug/test until you narrow your results down, to find the one single correct address out of millions. As far as I know, there is not many issues related to different Operating systems, having different addresses/pointers. I am pretty sure I recall a certain speed hack I found to not work on Win 7 though, but work on Win XP.
(Not XSpeed, or EOTrainer speed, but a different speed hack I found a while back on main). There was another hack that did not work on Win7 also, but I do not remember what. =/

I'm sure there is some differences though, like I said before, I'm not positive what the extent is to that though. As far as I'm aware all (hacks/pointers) in my program, has worked on XP/Vista/Win7 so I'm assuming any differences between OS if any would be pretty limited.
---
8 years, 26 weeks ago
Post #198789 Re: EOClient/Memory Editing
shayne posted: (2nd Nov 2015, 01:40 pm)

Hacker_Alex posted: (1st Nov 2015, 11:55 pm)

Ah, yea I knew what you meant, but that is not the reason it is so hard to find the correct Pointers. It's hard because you have to start with millions of pointers that are all relative to your initial address, and you have to scan and debug/test until you narrow your results down, to find the one single correct address out of millions. As far as I know, there is not many issues related to different Operating systems, having different addresses/pointers. I am pretty sure I recall a certain speed hack I found to not work on Win 7 though, but work on Win XP.
(Not XSpeed, or EOTrainer speed, but a different speed hack I found a while back on main). There was another hack that did not work on Win7 also, but I do not remember what. =/

I'm sure there is some differences though, like I said before, I'm not positive what the extent is to that though. As far as I'm aware all (hacks/pointers) in my program, has worked on XP/Vista/Win7 so I'm assuming any differences between OS if any would be pretty limited.

Oh cool!

---
I not hacker

8 years, 26 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > EOClient/Memory Editing