EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > I made a bridge :D
Page: << 1 2 >>
I made a bridge :D
Post #198031 Re: I made a bridge :D
xsepx posted: (22nd Sep 2015, 02:37 pm)

Anyone remember when half of the server was sitting on the bridge not allowing people to pass through and Arvid went ban crazy? that was awesome.. Idk why but your image reminded me of it. Lol

Not sure if it's the same situation, but wow was that ever long ago. I remember a lot of people blocking the bridge outside of Aeven Inn, and then a lot of people doing the "WWW spam/ crash exploit. I'm not gonna lie, it was pretty fun running around disconnecting people, especially assholes, people blocking the bridge, ect. =D

Good times. :)

---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
8 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #198032 Re: I made a bridge :D
shayne posted: (23rd Sep 2015, 12:36 am)

xsepx posted: (22nd Sep 2015, 02:37 pm)

Anyone remember when half of the server was sitting on the bridge not allowing people to pass through and Arvid went ban crazy? that was awesome.. Idk why but your image reminded me of it. Lol

Not sure if it's the same situation, but wow was that ever long ago. I remember a lot of people blocking the bridge outside of Aeven Inn, and then a lot of people doing the "WWW spam/ crash exploit. I'm not gonna lie, it was pretty fun running around disconnecting people, especially assholes, people blocking the bridge, ect. =D

Good times. :)

I remember some guy was giving out wwwww accounts and I got 1-2 from him and spammed every once in awhile. Mainly did it when people were advertising drop trades. But yeah, the only other bridge blocking I remember is the stronghold bridge.

And on a side note... Lane blockers in arena, hated those bastards.

---
Former multi-server mapper.
8 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #198033 Re: I made a bridge :D
Nurd posted: (22nd Sep 2015, 09:47 am)

ayush posted: (22nd Sep 2015, 09:34 am)

mhm

Hey these are very nice and very creative! Good job. However I did notice a couple of problems.

I'll take this image for example. It's start from right to left.

Right Circle
Nothing too complicated, I just feel as though your bridge is... too thin? I would place a wall underneath there to make it look more like a bridge, and as if it's supported really well.

Center and Left Circle
Now, my only issues here are your placement of the shadows. They're 1 tile off. These shadows would normally be placed directly under the bridges. Also, that shadow in between the center circle and the right circle should not be there at all.

These same things apply to your last image. If you fix these I believe your map would look far more appealing. Nice work!

Right Circle :- its not too thin. it is supposed to be like jumping stone. Players jump on it from the other edge and then they jump on water (towards the brige) and bam they get warped. 2nd and 3rd map are a part of the maze.

Left Circle :- Give sunlight from the left side of the map, you will observe that shadows formed are 1 tile off. If you give sunlight from above, then shadows formed would be under the bridges.

Mhm Give sunlight from the corner side. You will observe all shadows are at right places.

@Moonie, Thanks. You never seen me because i post rarely. i never been a fan of forums. since i am quiting eo thingy soon, i thought to get connected with eo ppl. i been playing it since 2004 or 2005

---
Extending one hand for helping is important than holding two hands for prayer.
~ Cloud ~
8 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #198041 Re: I made a bridge :D

Dayum. All of the maps I've seen in this thread are downright excellent.

8 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #198042 Re: I made a bridge :D
Misca posted: (22nd Sep 2015, 12:05 am)

Acemasta posted: (21st Sep 2015, 10:10 am)

This is just me showing how you could make support beams on bridges. The tree is there to hide that wall piece going over the grass due to there not being a ground tile of that wall in the needed direction for it to not go over the grass. Another fix without hiding it would be to not put the support beams so close to the land, but I made the map too small so decided to just hide it instead.

Thats the problem I face with a lot of my advanced elevations maps. The lack of cut tiles and wall gfx sticking over ground tiles make it so that I sometimes use "Top" tiles or trees/crates to cover them up. Frankily its mainly the lack of ground tiles (cut to look like walls, etc.) that cause issues.

Exactly. Although Nurd is right about the top tiles. Especially if you want players to have access to the tile that the top tile of covering up.

@Ayush those are actually really nice. Nice thinking outside the box. Also I'm not sure what Moonie means by then being cosmetic. If you allow "swimming" then have players "jump onto the platforms", every part of each of the maps are accessible. o_o

8 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #198047 Re: I made a bridge :D
Acemasta posted: (23rd Sep 2015, 08:20 am)

This is just me showing how you could make support beams on bridges. The tree is there to hide that wall piece going over the grass due to there not being a ground tile of that wall in the needed direction for it to not go over the grass. Another fix without hiding it would be to not put the support beams so close to the land, but I made the map too small so decided to just hide it instead.

Thats the problem I face with a lot of my advanced elevations maps. The lack of cut tiles and wall gfx sticking over ground tiles make it so that I sometimes use "Top" tiles or trees/crates to cover them up. Frankily its mainly the lack of ground tiles (cut to look like walls, etc.) that cause issues.

Exactly. Although Nurd is right about the top tiles. Especially if you want players to have access to the tile that the top tile of covering up.

@Ayush those are actually really nice. Nice thinking outside the box. Also I'm not sure what Moonie means by then being cosmetic. If you allow "swimming" then have players "jump onto the platforms", every part of each of the maps are accessible. o_o

Cosmetic meaning it's only for looks, because on alot of the maps i make i have to block off and prevent players from stepping in certain areas because the map is more 'look but dont touch' or you'll walk through a wall tile or something. 

I assumed his was the same because it's multi-lvl mapping..which is a bitch. xD

I dont think this page has any maps on it yet so here have more

---
Insomniac:I like how in the lounges forum description sausage says "Bitches go crazy." and that's
exactly what you do!
Pixel artist | Mapping artist | Alternative artist | Heavenly Karma | oldbie | top 50  |
Attention whore | main player |
8 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #198050 Re: I made a bridge :D

@acemasta thanks and you may call me cloud lol. 

actually players can jump off the bridge on to the river. i have already placed jump spec and when they jump, they are warped on the river. they can move in light parts of the river (excluding shadow part).

and then if they have to come back to the bridge, all they have to do is to attack on any shadow part. they are auto warped

mhm and i will release my maps and quests once vps expires. Hope you ppl like those maps and quests.

---
Extending one hand for helping is important than holding two hands for prayer.
~ Cloud ~
8 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #198056 Re: I made a bridge :D
Moonie posted: (23rd Sep 2015, 11:10 am)

Cosmetic meaning it's only for looks, because on alot of the maps i make i have to block off and prevent players from stepping in certain areas because the map is more 'look but dont touch' or you'll walk through a wall tile or something. 

That bridge is still one of my favorites from you. If this gets put into Karmageddon, I'd like to see both levels accessible.
---
"Nurd, you're like a fucking swiss army knife" - Necrosis
8 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #198064 Re: I made a bridge :D

I could definitely see that double bridge being entirely accessible. Really no reason it shouldn't be.

8 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #198066 Re: I made a bridge :D

Moonies maps reminds me of maps from EOR. 

---
http://www.ctronic.ga
http://www.tsu.co/Deltro
https://www.reverbnation.com/deltro9
8 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #198069 Re: I made a bridge :D
Nurd posted: (23rd Sep 2015, 08:48 pm)

That bridge is still one of my favorites from you. If this gets put into Karmageddon, I'd like to see both levels accessible.

surprizeeee! they r xD and completely and totally functional to. 

Me and hollow already tested it ;D

---
Insomniac:I like how in the lounges forum description sausage says "Bitches go crazy." and that's
exactly what you do!
Pixel artist | Mapping artist | Alternative artist | Heavenly Karma | oldbie | top 50  |
Attention whore | main player |
8 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #198102 Re: I made a bridge :D

You guys all suck! Moonie's maps are the best!

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
8 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #198111 Re: I made a bridge :D
Moonie posted: (24th Sep 2015, 11:17 am)

Nurd posted: (23rd Sep 2015, 08:48 pm)

surprizeeee! they r xD and completely and totally functional to. 

Me and hollow already tested it ;D

Awesome. I definitely look forward to seeing more.
---
"Nurd, you're like a fucking swiss army knife" - Necrosis
8 years, 31 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > I made a bridge :D