EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > EthanMoffat's open source EO client C#
Page: << 1 >>
EthanMoffat's open source EO client C#
Post #197528 EthanMoffat's open source EO client C#

I did not make this. It is ethanmoffat's work

Hi, this was posted in the Programming section earlier by ethanmoffat and since that is locked, I'll repost it here.

https://github.com/ethanmoffat/EndlessClient

What is there so far?

The client is largely complete. There is a pretty full feature set that allows for many of the original game's operations to be done in the same way. However, there is still a lot left out that has not been integrated into this client as of yet.

Some of the more important features that have been implemented are:

• Complete implementation of pre-game menus and operations. This includes account creation, logging in, creating/deleting characters, and changing password
  • Character rendering and movement (via arrow keys)
  • Character attacking (rendering for this is work in progress)
  • NPC rendering, movement, talking, and attacking
  • Map rendering, including animated wall and floor tiles
  • Rendering of minimap
  • Warps between maps, and doors that open/shut
  • Chat - global, local, player commands (such as #loc #usage)
  • Item inventory management, item equipping (armor), item use, and interaction with map (dropping)
  • Stats display and leveling up or 'training'
  • Stat bars for main player in HUD (hp/tp/sp/tnl)
  • Chests and private lockers on maps
  • Right-click menus for other players (limited)
  • Friend/Ignore lists
  • "Who is online?" list
  • NPC interaction on maps - limited to shops and bank bob
  • Sound effects and background music. Not all sound effects have been hooked to actual in-game events yet, but the framework is there.
  • Party / group
  • Trading with other players
---
stay tuned.
8 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #197530 Re: EthanMoffat's open source EO client C#

The distance of the chat bubble above the head of the character bugs me, because I'm so used to EOs.

But the way the map loads is beautiful and really satisfying. Makes up for it. I really look forward to this release. Pity it's not in c++.
---
"Nurd, you're like a fucking swiss army knife" - Necrosis
8 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #197531 Re: EthanMoffat's open source EO client C#

Probably the longest gif I've ever seen. Honestly thought Sausage put in a insert video feature for a second.

Looks good, just don't like the gray text box and distance as said above. Other than that, nothing I can see wrong with it just from the video, would have to test it eventually.

---
Former multi-server mapper.
8 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #197532 Re: EthanMoffat's open source EO client C#

This is one of the more exciting client projects that I've seen. Have been watching it closely, besides those odd chat bubbles it looks spot on.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
8 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #197533 Re: EthanMoffat's open source EO client C#

Where is this EthanMoffat!! Why is mr bob posting this! D: 

On another not so what's not all done is the real question. I've seen this posted on Treos but never bothered to actually try it out at all, anyone actually give it a go? 

---
http://www.ctronic.ga
http://www.tsu.co/Deltro
https://www.reverbnation.com/deltro9
8 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #197534 Re: EthanMoffat's open source EO client C#
kodyt posted: (21st Aug 2015, 03:54 am)

On another not so what's not all done is the real question. I've seen this posted on Treos but never bothered to actually try it out at all, anyone actually give it a go? 

I know right, it would be cool to hear from him; also I gave it a try 2-3 months ago and it was very surprising what has been done already, but some of it was very buggy needless to say (Who knows how far it's gone from then to now though). You should give it a go yourself if your really interested, as he offers a pre-compiled version when you download it making it easy to test out.

To do list

8 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #197535 Re: EthanMoffat's open source EO client C#
colbymsn posted: (21st Aug 2015, 04:34 am)

I know right, it would be cool to hear from him; also I gave it a try 2-3 months ago and it was very surprising what has been done already, but some of it was very buggy needless to say (Who knows how far it's gone from then to now though). You should give it a go yourself if your really interested, as he offers a pre-compiled version when you download it making it easy to test out.

To do list

As I'm on a chromebook and just updated my spare laptop to win10 which is slow responding via chrome remote desktop I can't bring my self to test it out. :| lol 

---
http://www.ctronic.ga
http://www.tsu.co/Deltro
https://www.reverbnation.com/deltro9
8 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #197537 Re: EthanMoffat's open source EO client C#
colbymsn posted: (21st Aug 2015, 04:34 am)

To do list

The compiled version is an older version. It isn't updated every time he adds new features. You can still use it, it is just outdated.

I just posted it here to move it into active discussion (since it was originally in the programming section which is locked).

---
stay tuned.
8 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #197539 Re: EthanMoffat's open source EO client C#

I updated the release binary. Yeah, the client is riddled with bugs, probably as a result of me trying to implement more basic features without fixing design issues along the way.

I'd love to get more people testing this and reporting issues on the projects github page. The best way would be to get your own development environment set up with Visual Studio (that way you can at least see what line of code the game crashes on). Instructions are included in the readme file.

And yeah, the chat bubbles are garbage. I almost didn't do them but it wouldn't have felt the same without them...they need some major reworking and have a few other display bugs (ie if someone walks offscreen with a chat bubble over their head).

---
class EOSERV {
Programmer | Oldbie
Open source EO Client: https://github.com/ethanmoffat/EndlessClient
};
8 years, 36 weeks ago
Post #197570 Re: EthanMoffat's open source EO client C#
ethanmoffat posted: (22nd Aug 2015, 11:23 pm)

I updated the release binary. Yeah, the client is riddled with bugs, probably as a result of me trying to implement more basic features without fixing design issues along the way.

I'd love to get more people testing this and reporting issues on the projects github page. The best way would be to get your own development environment set up with Visual Studio (that way you can at least see what line of code the game crashes on). Instructions are included in the readme file.

And yeah, the chat bubbles are garbage. I almost didn't do them but it wouldn't have felt the same without them...they need some major reworking and have a few other display bugs (ie if someone walks offscreen with a chat bubble over their head).

It's nice to see you're still working on this. By the sounds of it, you've got a fair bit done. I'll have to test it out at some point! Keep up the good work!
---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
8 years, 36 weeks ago
Post #197576 Re: EthanMoffat's open source EO client C#

So, does this use the crappy EO protocol or has a new server been developed?

---
Forgotten Passwords = Fresh Start
8 years, 36 weeks ago
Post #197577 Re: EthanMoffat's open source EO client C#
Squirrel posted: (24th Aug 2015, 06:02 pm)

So, does this use the crappy EO protocol or has a new server been developed?

The crappy one... :-/

The goal of the project was to make something kind of like eoserv that could work as a development platform for those looking to enhance it. So it should be able to work with existing EO servers (although I've had problems with connecting to EE).

---
class EOSERV {
Programmer | Oldbie
Open source EO Client: https://github.com/ethanmoffat/EndlessClient
};
8 years, 36 weeks ago
Post #197578 Re: EthanMoffat's open source EO client C#

That would mean your sequence bytes are off. This is now supported in all official builds. Also, if your account create and login timers are off I have that enforced on EE so it is possible that is giving you problems as well.

8 years, 36 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > EthanMoffat's open source EO client C#