EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Accessing the name of a map
Page: << 1 >>
Accessing the name of a map
Post #197403 Accessing the name of a map

I've not yet actively looked into this and was wondering if anyone had already worked out how to pull the name of a map (As in, the one displayed with $info and set with the mapper) for use/display. It seems like it would be very useful in a well-named list of maps.

PS: $info just sends the mapid to the client, it doesn't send the name, but the client presumably reads the map name from the file after reading the map id.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
8 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #197404 Re: Accessing the name of a map

The info command is cool, but it also has them elemental values which I don't think ever got used? If I was you I'd just remove the official info packet and just load the character book, If I remember correct you can basically list a large amount there and it also shows the standard info like character name, home,title etc which is an added bonus.

You could even add new stuff like map name, mining/fishing levels and other custom features from Kyles server.

8 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #197406 Re: Accessing the name of a map

I was just using $info as an example for the place where you can find the map names, all I'm looking to do is display the name of the map in the same fashion that the $info command does. In other words, how can I have the server access the map name in the same way that the client does when it reads in that packet from $info?

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
8 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #197408 Re: Accessing the name of a map

on the map editor click properties and edit the map name.

---
Tire me.
8 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #197410 Re: Accessing the name of a map

He means he wants to be able to grab the map name via command ect.

Ex- Typing:  #Map   will report the map name!

---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
8 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #197411 Re: Accessing the name of a map
shayne posted: (15th Aug 2015, 07:45 pm)

There we go. What Shayne is saying.
---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
8 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #197412 Re: Accessing the name of a map

right right gotcha no clue then

---
Tire me.
8 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #197413 Re: Accessing the name of a map
shayne posted: (15th Aug 2015, 07:45 pm)

I know you can re-enter the map and if it has a name it will pop up in the Sys chat. 

But if Cirras is asking for a master list by typing in something like #Map I've seen it done before, but can't remember where.

---
Former multi-server mapper.
8 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #197416 Re: Accessing the name of a map

Sorry I wish I could help you, you'll probably have to wait for Sausage or Apollo. D; Every time I see questions like these it makes me want to get back into programming, and get a better understanding, especially with eo/eoserv. D;

---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
8 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #197420 Re: Accessing the name of a map

Check out the part where sausage loads a map file perhaps he commented the name partion.

---
Remember when is not an organization nor a fucking group , it's simply an idea that we believe in
and live for.
The priority of Remember when should come before oxygen , as oxygen is cosmetic even life itself is
cosmetic,that's why offer our worthless lives to The "Remember when"
8 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #197423 Re: Accessing the name of a map

It's stored in the 24 bytes immediately after the four-byte map revision number. These are the functions EOMap uses to encode/decode it; the unused bytes are padded with 0xFF on the right and the input/output is always 24 bytes long in the case of the map name:

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=xnhxbQQA

8 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #197432 Re: Accessing the name of a map
Sausage posted: (16th Aug 2015, 12:19 am)

It's stored in the 24 bytes immediately after the four-byte map revision number. These are the functions EOMap uses to encode/decode it; the unused bytes are padded with 0xFF on the right and the input/output is always 24 bytes long in the case of the map name:

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=xnhxbQQA

My sincerest gratitude.

This is the #npc information box from BU, just one of the things I'm going to be using this for. Nifty to be able to pull names like that. Time to label all the maps.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
8 years, 37 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Accessing the name of a map