Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 >>
Admission
Post #196198 Admission

It's been awhile but I always have had this community in my head. It's given me valuable knowledge and allowed me to develop skills i otherwise wouldn't have beenable to do. Allowed me to discover my passion for art and programming, as well as expand on to that.  This community has also showed me some great people and allowed me to collaborate with them. Giving me new experiences i otherwise never would have gained. In this moment I am proud to say that I am in my senior year of high school and today I have been accepted into my first university with a $14600 scholarship with more money to come. I am also the first in my family to be going to college. I feel like this community has made a big contribution to this and a big impact on my life. Soon, I will be going to a college majoring in computer science and I would just like to say thank you to everyone in this community that has ever influenced me. 

---
Andrewbob - I would be on the fucking copter of rofls

Programmer, Web Developer, and Graphics Designer
9 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #196199 Re: Admission

You're welcome

9 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #196200 Re: Admission

Hey.

Congratulations, man. I'm glad to hear how well things are going for you!

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
9 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #196201 Re: Admission
Cirras posted: (21st Dec 2014, 10:29 am)

Hey.

Thanks man! How have things been going with you?
---

9 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #196202 Re: Admission

Congratiulations.

---
Remember when is not an organization nor a fucking group , it's simply an idea that we believe in
and live for.
The priority of Remember when should come before oxygen , as oxygen is cosmetic even life itself is
cosmetic,that's why offer our worthless lives to The "Remember when"
9 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #196203 Re: Admission

Wow!

I'm glad to hear that man. It has been a pleasure working with you in the past, and I figured you'd end up going down this road. Who knows, maybe we can work together on a project again sometime. Anyways, congratulations again, and let me know how your classes go! I'm doing the same thing as well.

--

What's funny is I've felt the same way about the community. Although this is the EOWorld everyone hates, but loves, it has been a great opportunity for many people within our community. I think a lot of people found their passion, including myself, while on the EO venture. It's interesting to see which routes people go in their lives.

---
CN:BH 4 lyfe
9 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #196214 Re: Admission
Wildsurvival posted: (21st Dec 2014, 05:01 pm)

Cirras posted: (21st Dec 2014, 10:29 am)

Hey.

Thanks man! How have things been going with you?

Things have been good. I'm midway through college at the moment. (It's kind of like kindergarten all over again, in a sense.)

I still do graphical/management work with BU. I'm going to school for programming, so I seem to have an ever-expanding set of relevant skillsets.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
9 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #196215 Re: Admission

Did anyone who went to University learn anything?

---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_DFVzxsEUc
9 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #196217 Re: Admission
Madao posted: (26th Dec 2014, 07:18 am)

I learned the value of being a self-starter that can figure things out on your own. I have a HUGE head up on my graduating comp sci classmates because I figured out everything on my own and paid very little attention to lectures. Luckily for me, I went to a small school and our "finals" were all programming labs :D (side note, it's actually really helpful to have classes to spark your interest in different topics you wouldn't normally explore, whether programming or otherwise)

@Wild: congrats, that's an awesome scholarship! If you don't mind me asking, what school is that for?

---
class EOSERV {
Programmer | Oldbie
Open source EO Client: https://github.com/ethanmoffat/EndlessClient
};
9 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #196219 Re: Admission
ethanmoffat posted: (28th Dec 2014, 02:03 am)

Madao posted: (26th Dec 2014, 07:18 am)

I learned the value of being a self-starter that can figure things out on your own. I have a HUGE head up on my graduating comp sci classmates because I figured out everything on my own and paid very little attention to lectures. Luckily for me, I went to a small school and our "finals" were all programming labs :D (side note, it's actually really helpful to have classes to spark your interest in different topics you wouldn't normally explore, whether programming or otherwise)

@Wild: congrats, that's an awesome scholarship! If you don't mind me asking, what school is that for?

Capital University in Ohio. I'm applying for many other colleges as well including the Ohio State University which capital and OSU is my main choices. I'm most likely going to get more money once I retake my ACT this January.  
---

9 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #196221 Re: Admission

Congratulations my friend.

Even though I never post on these forums anymore, however I still come around so now and then since obviously my soul has been sold to this community.. I'm glad that you've figured it all out.

With time comes knowledge! Especially if you put yourself open for it. For what this community has tought me, life can always get worse, especially with some really fucked up people around.

Be happy with what you got, for it might never appear again!

---
"Pineapples and shit."
9 years, 18 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>
Topic is locked.