EOSERV Forum > Programming > EOC++ - EO Client Clone
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 >>
EOC++ - EO Client Clone
Post #195946 EOC++ - EO Client Clone

Hello people!
My goal is, like everyone elses, to develop a fully working Endless Online Client :P
The client will be developed in C++ using the Allegro 5 Library.
Inb4 people saying "That's out of your league, you might aswell quit". I know it is, but that's not the point.
I am doing this to learn. Sure, it will get difficult & sure, I will need some of your help, but it will be a learning experience :)

The project will be called EOC++, for Endless Online Clone (or Endless Online C++, if you will).

The client will not have networking implemented just yet, as I am not even the slightest experienced with network programming.

I started the project a few hours ago, and so far, I have the following working.

• Menu Screen, with buttons & Background.
  • Play button working & Exit button working :P
  • Menu screen music & Button sounds working.

Screenshots:

Menu Screen

Working hovers

Login box, also with working hovers, will be adding the textboxes next

What I will be working on in the next few hours.

• Textareas in login box.
  • Credits screen (Not the sliding credits, just a box.)
  • Account Creation screen, with text areas..
  • Working Account creation.
  • Working Login.

This project will probably not even be finished, but it will be a learning experience for me

9 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #195947 Re: EOC++ - EO Client Clone

Here is a couple links of some client attempts built with allegro ,they might be helpful at some point!

Desmonds:

http://riouxsvn.com/svn/neweo/trunk/

Sausages:

http://wat.tehsausage.com/Distraction-a.rar

http://wat.tehsausage.com/Distraction2-a.zip

http://wat.tehsausage.com/Distraction2-b.zip

9 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #195950 Re: EOC++ - EO Client Clone

Yes, I have them lying around already, thank you anyho :)

Although I'm having trouble compiling Desmond's NewEO without getting some weird errors.

Update:

Account creation screen created with buttons & hovers working.
Still needs textboxes & text though.

9 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #195953 Re: EOC++ - EO Client Clone

Good luck on this project, can't wait to see the outcome.

Are you releasing this to the public at a point of time ; or just for personal use?

9 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #195954 Re: EOC++ - EO Client Clone
advrid posted: (19th Aug 2014, 11:45 pm)

Good luck on this project, can't wait to see the outcome.

Are you releasing this to the public at a point of time ; or just for personal use?

Thank you, neither can I.
Both, I will release the source code to public, but not now. I will have to clean up the code first, it's ugly, no OOP at all, but that will come when I clean it up.
If I end up actually finishing the client, I don't know if I will release the source code itself. Maybe perhaps, but if not, I will add a highly customisable system, for users to edit almost anything they'd like.
9 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #195957 Re: EOC++ - EO Client Clone

That's good to hear.

this will execute the hard coded graphics such as bows, back items, instruments, guns and hats; correct?

anyways, good luck!

9 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #195959 Re: EOC++ - EO Client Clone
advrid posted: (20th Aug 2014, 04:21 am)

That's good to hear.

this will execute the hard coded graphics such as bows, back items, instruments, guns and hats; correct?

anyways, good luck!

Yes correct, I will have the source code, thus I can do whatever I want with it.

Including executing the hard coded graphics. Nothing will be hardcoded in this client.

Except for any credits that I will of course obsfucate well, so no one, can remove my name from credits.

9 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #195966 Re: EOC++ - EO Client Clone

Good.

I'm not sure if you take suggestions but;

You should fix the GFX and Maps.

Old EO can barely run maps that are 250x250 and it's awful, EO was made years and years ago so I'm sure its possible to have your EO client Run larger maps without lag.

And the GFX for EO was terrible. (EI; male and female weapons?) and it can't handle too many pixels.

Do what you can though. 

9 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #195968 Re: EOC++ - EO Client Clone
advrid posted: (21st Aug 2014, 03:59 am)

Good.

I'm not sure if you take suggestions but;

You should fix the GFX and Maps.

Old EO can barely run maps that are 250x250 and it's awful, EO was made years and years ago so I'm sure its possible to have your EO client Run larger maps without lag.

And the GFX for EO was terrible. (EI; male and female weapons?) and it can't handle too many pixels.

Do what you can though. 

The Map limit will not be a problem, just a matter of using the right datatype I think ;)
9 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #196082 Re: EOC++ - EO Client Clone

NewEO should have compiled fine. I just tested it with the latest allegro release. You have my permission to reuse any of my code without the need to credit myself.

Edit:
I've updated the project file to work with allegro 5.0.10

Everything works perfectly fine.

http://riouxsvn.com/svn/neweo/

---
I am an alien and not crazy!
9 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #196177 Re: EOC++ - EO Client Clone
matiasmunk posted: (20th Aug 2014, 09:58 am)

That's good to hear.

anyways, good luck!

Yes correct, I will have the source code, thus I can do whatever I want with it.

Including executing the hard coded graphics. Nothing will be hardcoded in this client.

Except for any credits that I will of course obsfucate well, so no one, can remove my name from credits.

.. you won't be able to in a source code ;)
---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
9 years, 23 weeks ago
Post #196179 Re: EOC++ - EO Client Clone
Hacker_Alex posted: (22nd Nov 2014, 07:24 pm)

matiasmunk posted: (20th Aug 2014, 09:58 am)

That's good to hear.

anyways, good luck!

.. you won't be able to in a source code ;)

What will I not be able to, in a source code?

The possibilities are unlimited.

9 years, 23 weeks ago
Post #196180 Re: EOC++ - EO Client Clone

your credits :P

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
9 years, 23 weeks ago
Post #196182 Re: EOC++ - EO Client Clone

Sure I can, it's very much possible, and easy ;)

9 years, 23 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Programming > EOC++ - EO Client Clone