EOSERV Forum > Programming > Loading bitmaps from a sprite sheet
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 >>
Loading bitmaps from a sprite sheet
Post #195908 Loading bitmaps from a sprite sheet

I can't get how someone could load objects from complicated sheets like this one :

It wasn't hard to load the log-in screen buttons because they are organised in their sheet.

---
Remember when is not an organization nor a fucking group , it's simply an idea that we believe in
and live for.
The priority of Remember when should come before oxygen , as oxygen is cosmetic even life itself is
cosmetic,that's why offer our worthless lives to The "Remember when"
9 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #195909 Re: Loading bitmaps from a sprite sheet

LOTS of rectangles and hard-coded points :)

Or, a better option would be to make those hard-coded points constants so you can tell what they are referencing from the name

Or, if you're breaking from the existing model, split them out of the sheet into their own separate images and load them individually.

Haven't gotten their for my client yet but I am definitely dreading it.

---
class EOSERV {
Programmer | Oldbie
Open source EO Client: https://github.com/ethanmoffat/EndlessClient
};
9 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #195940 Re: Loading bitmaps from a sprite sheet

If you have made it to the point where the server communicates with the client it is time to think about how you are going to organize the visual resources. A small example is the race color box. To use a simple formula to draw the next color rectangle in succession will eventually load a down arrow at the fish race. Here is where I created a single sheet for the color boxes to add a more realistic "purple" as a skin color for fish. I also split the race sheets into individual sheets per race as a means to set up the data so that it can be easily added to rather than editing a huge all race sheet. Anyway, just some suggestions.

9 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #195956 Re: Loading bitmaps from a sprite sheet

if you go threw the trouble of using the single gfx like that and need to find allot of the (x,y,xe,ye) stuff.

may i recommend a program that has a x,y find method. like the old scar program. you can target just the bitmap in paint and move the mouse to the area's and look at the bottom left and find all your bitmaps x,y for loading in your project.

might save yourself allot of time looking for x,y shit

or maybe gimp has it too

---
Think Outside The Box.

..............Skids in my Undies........
...............Cut And Paste............
9 years, 37 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Programming > Loading bitmaps from a sprite sheet