EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Animated credits editing.
Page: << 1 >>
Animated credits editing.
Post #195866 Animated credits editing.

Alright so i've managed to change the background etc etc but what is sticking me is the fact i can't seem to find how to change the animated credits and ingame the little faq section with all the links, anyone manage to change these yet and how.

9 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #195867 Re: Animated credits editing.

You can not it's hard coded ,why do you want to change it anyway ,your using someone's work without their permission at least you could credit them.

It seems that vult-R knew that people will use his client in the future ,so he kept some limitations to make sure that nobody going to use it more than how it's being used now.

---
Remember when is not an organization nor a fucking group , it's simply an idea that we believe in
and live for.
The priority of Remember when should come before oxygen , as oxygen is cosmetic even life itself is
cosmetic,that's why offer our worthless lives to The "Remember when"
9 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #195868 Re: Animated credits editing.

Pretty wrong actually, to the post above me.

You can edit the credits if you'd like, there are several tutorials on eoserv telling you how to do so, all you'd have to do is search.

9 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #195871 Re: Animated credits editing.

Vult-r uses a slight bit of protection there. The credits are tied to the size of the text string. Vult-r is 6 characters and can be changed to Apollo, however entering Sausage would not work. 

Here is some trivia for you:

The Donkey Kong arcade game had a check in that if the name "Nintendo" on the title screen was modified, each time Donkey Kong threw a barrel it would check and lock the game if tampered with. This would basically stop the game within 4 seconds as that is the time from start till the first barrel is thrown. 

9 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #195872 Re: Animated credits editing.
Apollo posted: (11th Aug 2014, 02:53 am)

Vult-r uses a slight bit of protection there. The credits are tied to the size of the text string. Vult-r is 6 characters and can be changed to Apollo, however entering Sausage would not work. 

Here is some trivia for you:

The Donkey Kong arcade game had a check in that if the name "Nintendo" on the title screen was modified, each time Donkey Kong threw a barrel it would check and lock the game if tampered with. This would basically stop the game within 4 seconds as that is the time from start till the first barrel is thrown. 

Pretty advanced for donkey kong imo. I knew this already though about the credits just am confused on where to look.
9 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #195873 Re: Animated credits editing.

The max length of each name is stored in a constant.
You could use ollydbg to patch your client and change the max length of each name to infinite or you could use hex editors,but once you pass the maximum length of strings that could fit in your screen , the client will lag when running the credits.

Edit:

The max length is stored in an int before the string it self but this is while running ,but while hex editing they are far from each other I tried searching for the bytes around the address if the intended.while running can't find nothing.

also while hex editing there are some names missing liike Rexor and other admins.

Edit 2:i was looking in the exe itself, found the whole group in the first data file.

i still need to know where the max length is stored ???

---
Remember when is not an organization nor a fucking group , it's simply an idea that we believe in
and live for.
The priority of Remember when should come before oxygen , as oxygen is cosmetic even life itself is
9 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #195874 Re: Animated credits editing.
weedindeed posted: (11th Aug 2014, 10:01 am)

The max length of each name is stored in a constant.
You could use ollydbg to patch your client and change the max length of each name to infinite or you could use hex editors,but once you pass the maximum length of strings that could fit in your screen , the client will lag when running the credits.

Edit:

The max length is stored in an int before the string it self but this is while running ,but while hex editing they are far from each other I tried searching for the bytes around the address if the intended.while running can't find nothing.

also while hex editing there are some names missing liike Rexor and other admins.

Edit 2:i was looking in the exe itself, found the whole group in the first data file.

i still need to know where the max length is stored ???

Mind screenshotting the part where i can edit using a hex editor where i can change the names
9 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #195875 Re: Animated credits editing.

It's in the first data file : dat001.edf.

It only contains the credit strings.

---
and live for.
9 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #195876 Re: Animated credits editing.
weedindeed posted: (11th Aug 2014, 08:01 pm)

It's in the first data file : dat001.edf.

It only contains the credit strings.

I think them files contain things like the warnings/hints upon logins and other features.

There's a topic about changing the credits on the EOSource forum, take a look here.

9 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #195878 Re: Animated credits editing.

That hack is only if the client recognizes the data files have been tampered with. To be honest, you should just leave it as Vult-r because everyone that will play your server will know it is his garbage anyway. Besides, who looks at the credits.

9 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #195879 Re: Animated credits editing.
Apollo posted: (12th Aug 2014, 12:12 am)

That hack is only if the client recognizes the data files have been tampered with. To be honest, you should just leave it as Vult-r because everyone that will play your server will know it is his garbage anyway. Besides, who looks at the credits.

well the reason for this is because i used eo as a base for a game i had been working on and at this moment its not much like eo anymore and wanted to change the credits because its far past the point of being a private server, its hardly recognizable besides layout of the client 
9 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #195880 Re: Animated credits editing.

My spider-sense tells me this game you have been making is still Vult's messed up client. 

9 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #195890 Re: Animated credits editing.
Apollo posted: (12th Aug 2014, 02:15 am)

My spider-sense tells me this game you have been making is still Vult's messed up client. 

Exactly, basically what i have done was used eoserv as a base and redone every map completely and and changed / added onto every item ingame that you can equip added tons of new quest and expanded onto what was eo but im stuck using this shit client thats limiting me .

btw hexediting the part did not work 

9 years, 38 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Animated credits editing.