EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Having problems with my Auto Updater.. Please help
Page: << 1 >>
Having problems with my Auto Updater.. Please help
Post #195822 Having problems with my Auto Updater.. Please help

Well i used this guide

[url]

https://eoserv.net/forum/topic/14358.

[/url]

I done it all perfectly and the updater works fine for me.

but when i send it to anyone else it doesn't work?? I am thinking because when i put the address where the patch will be located etc I used the path on my pc?? Is this not what i was supposed to do? 

If not does anyone have half an idea what I done wrong?

9 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #195823 Re: Having problems with my Auto Updater.. Please help

Actually it's not that simple.you need to host a web server on your PC , so ppl can connect to your PC to download patches whenever your PC is off ppl can't download patches. Download appserv program now go to appserv folder then WWW and put Ur INI file there then put your gfx folder there

Now your patch is there no-ip.com/patch.INI

And your gfx files no-ip.com/gfx/gfx001.egf

Replace no-ip with Ur host name or replace no-ip.com with your IP address

In the guide you're following , wamp is used instead of appserv but it's a bit complicated to use.

---
Remember when is not an organization nor a fucking group , it's simply an idea that we believe in
and live for.
The priority of Remember when should come before oxygen , as oxygen is cosmetic even life itself is
cosmetic,that's why offer our worthless lives to The "Remember when"
9 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #195824 Re: Having problems with my Auto Updater.. Please help

Hey I went wamp in the end and I have it all set up correctly I just needed to know a few things if you wouldn't mind helping.. I can get to my localhost page which sends me to the wamp host site with all of my phpadmin stuff..

But how do I get the  address where the patch etc will be?? The only web address i see is the localhost one?

9 years, 38 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Having problems with my Auto Updater.. Please help