EOSERV Forum > Programming > Open source client, anyone?
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 3 >>
Open source client, anyone?
Post #195854 Re: Open source client, anyone?

Is this compatible with the latest revision of EOSERV?

9 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #195855 Re: Open source client, anyone?

What's with the latest version ,I heard the en/de method changed any details?

Also,was this applied to the last revisions?

---
Remember when is not an organization nor a fucking group , it's simply an idea that we believe in
and live for.
The priority of Remember when should come before oxygen , as oxygen is cosmetic even life itself is
cosmetic,that's why offer our worthless lives to The "Remember when"
9 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #195857 Re: Open source client, anyone?
Apollo posted: (8th Aug 2014, 06:09 pm)

Is this compatible with the latest revision of EOSERV?

Yup. I've been testing against rev 425.

weedindeed posted: (8th Aug 2014, 06:52 pm)

What's with the latest version ,I heard the en/de method changed any details?

Also,was this applied to the last revisions?

If en/de means encoding/decoding, like with packets and files, that hasn't changed.

---
class EOSERV {
Programmer | Oldbie
Open source EO Client: https://github.com/ethanmoffat/EndlessClient
};
9 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #195892 Re: Open source client, anyone?

Looks good. :) Although I have a bit of a problem. When I attempt to open endlessclient.csproj it says " This project is incompatible with the current edition of visual studios."

Currently, I have visual studios 2013. So I'm unsure of what's going on right now.

---
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Why the fuck u lyin'?
9 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #195893 Re: Open source client, anyone?
Palmolein posted: (15th Aug 2014, 04:03 am)

Looks good. :) Although I have a bit of a problem. When I attempt to open endlessclient.csproj it says " This project is incompatible with the current edition of visual studios."

Currently, I have visual studios 2013. So I'm unsure of what's going on right now.

Try opening the .sln file? Also make sure you have XNA framework installed for development or the XNA project will fail to load. Also, I haven't tried this with VS2013 Express Edition, so I'm not sure if it will work in that or not.
---
class EOSERV {
Programmer | Oldbie
};
9 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #195896 Re: Open source client, anyone?

what version of vs have you tried it with?

---
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Why the fuck u lyin'?
9 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #195898 Re: Open source client, anyone?

It's built using Visual Studio Professional 2013. I've used three separate computers so far and it builds fine on all of them

---
class EOSERV {
Programmer | Oldbie
};
9 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #195900 Re: Open source client, anyone?

I really hope you decide to see this project through to the end! I wish I was able to program at that level, but I'm no where near that point yet! xD
I'll definatley be keeping an eye on this topic, and am looking forward to hopefully, many more updates to come! :P  Keep up the good work, and best of luck to you!

---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
9 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #195901 Re: Open source client, anyone?

I got it now. Looks very well put together thus far. I do hope you see this project to the end. :)

---
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Why the fuck u lyin'?
9 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #195906 Re: Open source client, anyone?

Not trying to make your life horrible ,but one thing i found interesting in the eo original client that your client doesn't have,It's when you get an init reply from trying to create an account or log-in, the client won't use this reply if it tries to login after closing the dialog box(the login dialog for example) instead your client(winsock client) will reconnect as it was the first time.

---
Remember when is not an organization nor a fucking group , it's simply an idea that we believe in
and live for.
The priority of Remember when should come before oxygen , as oxygen is cosmetic even life itself is
9 years, 36 weeks ago
Post #195910 Re: Open source client, anyone?
weedindeed posted: (16th Aug 2014, 02:15 am)

Not trying to make your life horrible ,but one thing i found interesting in the eo original client that your client doesn't have,It's when you get an init reply from trying to create an account or log-in, the client won't use this reply if it tries to login after closing the dialog box(the login dialog for example) instead your client(winsock client) will reconnect as it was the first time.

Do you mean like when you click "cancel" after clicking either the primary "login" or "create account" buttons? I think any time that it goes to set the game state back to initial it does the disconnect. I'll fix that in the next iteration, shouldn't be too hard. Although the original client does some really solid connection management for detecting when things aren't connecting properly. Mine waits 5 seconds -.-

Also, OP has been updated with a little more info.

---
class EOSERV {
Programmer | Oldbie
};
9 years, 36 weeks ago
Post #195911 Re: Open source client, anyone?

not the disconnect....It's establishing a new a connection every time you press create or play, it should do that the first time only then the client should respond with the initial reply received before instead of starting from all over and connecting to the server then sending the init packets.

---
and live for.
9 years, 36 weeks ago
Post #195919 Re: Open source client, anyone?

As someone currently learning c# this is super interesting to look at, but as someone also hoping for a finished client I wish you luck and it looks super good so far.

9 years, 36 weeks ago
Post #195994 Re: Open source client, anyone?

For the record, ethan.

Exile released his client open source, you could really learn a lot from it, or even finish his.  Probably a better choice IMO.  If you're creating a client, does that mean you will be creating server software as well?  Seeing as EOServ is only an emulator, wouldn't it be ideal to program your own server software as well?

Anyway, here's exile's client. https://www.assembla.com/code/eo-dev-sharp/subversion/nodes/35/EO%20Dev%23

I think he'd be happy to see someone working on it, rather than leaving it in the past; especially since it's nearly complete.

9 years, 35 weeks ago
Post #195998 Re: Open source client, anyone?
Septharoth posted: (27th Aug 2014, 07:47 pm)

For the record, ethan.

Exile released his client open source, you could really learn a lot from it, or even finish his.  Probably a better choice IMO.  If you're creating a client, does that mean you will be creating server software as well?  Seeing as EOServ is only an emulator, wouldn't it be ideal to program your own server software as well?

Anyway, here's exile's client. https://www.assembla.com/code/eo-dev-sharp/subversion/nodes/35/EO%20Dev%23

I think he'd be happy to see someone working on it, rather than leaving it in the past; especially since it's nearly complete.

Had I known about his client when I started I probably would have built off of it. But doing a cursory look at the way that code is organized, I much prefer the way my client is set up and working :) I also hate subversion with a fiery passion. I actually used his map reader as a reference because the eoserv map reader skips over the client-side stuff. I looked at HotDog's client too and used it as a reference for certain packet things. But, again, I'm a huge fan of my own code here.

My primary goal with this is to learn about making a game client from scratch. I don't have much game dev experience, but it is something I really enjoy and would love to do as a career. So it would probably defeat that purpose if I were to build off someone else's client.

A secondary goal in this project of mine is to create something capable of working with eoserv that others can extend in such a way that eoserv can be extended. So, no, I won't be writing server software, this is designed to be used with the latest revisions of eoserv and work with those (although getting it to play nicely with other server software would be cool).

I don't anticipate being done anytime soon either. eoserv has been around for more than 5 years. I probably won't continue this project THAT long but I might be adding bits and pieces to improve functionality as time goes by. The beauty of github is that people can add their own features and submit them to my root repository, so I'm hoping other people jump on this once it gets more developed so it really becomes a community effort.

On a completely unrelated note, life gets in the way. I'm still working on this and have some stuff in progress but work is busy and I'm getting married in 10 days so don't expect major updates for a while...
---
class EOSERV {
Programmer | Oldbie
};
9 years, 35 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Programming > Open source client, anyone?