EOSERV Forum > Programming > Coders/Programmers
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 >>
Coders/Programmers
Post #195789 Coders/Programmers

I see a lot of good coders and programmers out here on EOServ. I am currently looking to get into coding(C++), and I was wondering how did you guys get so good? Did you learn from videos on YouTube or just goofing around with the rev? Well I was wondering if you guys could post some links where you guys learned c++. I will need to learn from the bottom all the way up, so I would appreciate it if some of you guys could post some links to tutorials.

Thanks.

9 years, 36 weeks ago
Post #195790 Re: Coders/Programmers

Speaking about myself , i have learnt from ebooks and google.

One important thing ,you actually won't have to worry about writing code because you need to understand other people's code before writing your own.

So after reading a couple of books and tutorials you should go through eoserv rev and try to see if there is any keywords that you don't understand and search them.

I'm not that good or even not at all but in my opinion videos are useless because you can't compare people who write programming books with anyone who does these videos .

This is how you start in my opinion ,

-Start learning the computer memory RAM , how data is stored in the RAM and you should know about bytes and bits.

-Buy or download ebooks ,i would recommend c++ primer 4th edition because it's easy to start with.

-After learning enough about the basics , you should surf the three scott meyers effective c++ books.

---
Remember when is not an organization nor a fucking group , it's simply an idea that we believe in
and live for.
The priority of Remember when should come before oxygen , as oxygen is cosmetic even life itself is
cosmetic,that's why offer our worthless lives to The "Remember when"
9 years, 36 weeks ago
Post #195791 Re: Coders/Programmers

Focus on what you want to do with a program try and do it and if you cant research each error you get on google "You gotta crawl before you walk". For me it has been a trial and error battle and eoserv has helped out alot.

I would look at c++ syntax,functions,variables, and start from there,also find something you enjoy to play or use try programming something similar !

9 years, 36 weeks ago
Post #195794 Re: Coders/Programmers

I'd go with online tutorials to get started if you're not taking classes/coursework in school. Honestly though, the best way to learn is to do it yourself. A lot. Over and over. Some of my best learning experience has come from working my own projects through (even if I never actually finished them...)

If you're looking for C++ tutorials, http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/ is a good overview. I still refer to it from time to time for some of the object-oriented stuff I don't use too often. For someone with no programming experience, it looks like that site breezes through the basics pretty fast... I would probably google "beginner practice programming problems" in order to practice the concepts they're presenting. Getting more familiar in general never hurts.

If you get stuck/confused, http://stackoverflow.com/ is the best resource for Q&A style programming questions. In the search bar you can type [c++] along with your question and get problems tagged with the "c++" tag. That works with any language you would want to learn.

---
class EOSERV {
Programmer | Oldbie
Open source EO Client: https://github.com/ethanmoffat/EndlessClient
};
9 years, 36 weeks ago
Post #195795 Re: Coders/Programmers

Thanks for the reply guys!

9 years, 36 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Programming > Coders/Programmers