EOSERV Forum > Programming > recall spell/scroll quest pk map sneak attack 11.9mb
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 >>
recall spell/scroll quest pk map sneak attack 11.9mb
Post #195663 recall spell/scroll quest pk map sneak attack 11.9mb

free to use.

ok this is almost the largest quest i have wrote."441228 lines 11.9mb each" why..to see how large i could go before eoserv failed to load. That and i can not code like the all the pro's 

these two quests work with map 1 up to 200x200    //attempting a 1-200 map 200x200

comes with,

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/619eih0wa20z7//recall

one quest for recall spell and spell icons " i use the book one...

and one for recall scroll

downsides

1.  its one map.

2. takes 3-5 minutes for server to start and load quest.

3. takes away orig recall scroll

4. and got to be the hardest way to do this lol................................8==========)---------~o 

---
Think Outside The Box.

..............Skids in my Undies........
...............Cut And Paste............
9 years, 45 weeks ago
Post #195665 Re: recall spell/scroll quest pk map sneak attack 11.9mb

Nice, I like it.
Skimmed through the code, and I must say. Good work ;)

9 years, 45 weeks ago
Post #195691 Re: recall spell/scroll quest pk map sneak attack 11.9mb

You know, when you have to make a quest file this big to do something like recall scrolls and spells it is time to modify the EOSERV source to accommodate your needs. Pretty simple, any time a map warp occurs just add new data for character->lastmapid, character->lastmapx, and character->lastmapy. You then make an action for WarpBack or modify SetCoord to accept lastmapid, lastmapx, and lastmapy. That quest example was horribly newbie.

9 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #195692 Re: recall spell/scroll quest pk map sneak attack 11.9mb

@Apollo

well i have done my best with the rev as I can, And i have done my best to keep from downloading eosource.

i will say this about the quest script. it is a nice addition to my pk map."for a non coder like myself" and its nice to know eoserv loads quest files this large.

as for just fixing or mod the source.. well it took me weeks to figure out a simple world and player pm. and from rev 424 to 425 my bank locker bag action stoped working because of the check that was added. that im now stuck with.

its good to have some feedback on this. :)

---
Think Outside The Box.

9 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #195693 Re: recall spell/scroll quest pk map sneak attack 11.9mb

I like that you approached it in a different way besides coding it in. Coding it in would have been better, but for those who can't the quest system is always a good alternative.

Also, if you want to make a working portable bank, it's possible with my rev. I haven't actually coded that in, but I automated a bunch of stuff and making it would be as simple as calling on a single function.

9 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #195697 Re: recall spell/scroll quest pk map sneak attack 11.9mb

Holy shit, you wrote a semi complex script for warpback!

Nice planning out mate. Did you use a script to make the script though? I can't see you writing this out line by line.....

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
9 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #195700 Re: recall spell/scroll quest pk map sneak attack 11.9mb

@alex

the main purpose of the quest was to let the player set multi recall points with quest / spells and scrolls"effect potions" on any map up to 200 or so

this was a test one that i tried on a pk map.

yes i botted differant parts of the quest"Scar 3.13" then pasted the parts in the text file...

im up to 28 maps "the file is over 100mb and over a 1,000,000 lines" 

but got bored waiting on wordpad to change mapmark1 to mapmark2 and so on.

i think if i finish the 200 map recall quests the server will tak a hour to start, it could lag"a hour" / crash if the quest was reloaded on a live server.

---
Think Outside The Box.

9 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #195702 Re: recall spell/scroll quest pk map sneak attack 11.9mb
make posted: (9th Jul 2014, 07:11 am)

@alex

the main purpose of the quest was to let the player set multi recall points with quest / spells and scrolls"effect potions" on any map up to 200 or so

this was a test one that i tried on a pk map.

yes i botted differant parts of the quest"Scar 3.13" then pasted the parts in the text file...

im up to 28 maps "the file is over 100mb and over a 1,000,000 lines" 

but got bored waiting on wordpad to change mapmark1 to mapmark2 and so on.

i think if i finish the 200 map recall quests the server will tak a hour to start, it could lag"a hour" / crash if the quest was reloaded on a live server.

haha nice P: wasnt hard to make the SCAR script?
---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
9 years, 43 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Programming > recall spell/scroll quest pk map sneak attack 11.9mb