EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Need quick help - Compiling_EOSERV
Page: << 1 >>
Need quick help - Compiling_EOSERV
Post #195627 Need quick help - Compiling_EOSERV

Hello guys,

I'm new here. I've been following the 'compiling Evoserv' guide on the site and am running into some difficulties. I've been trying to search around the forums to find a solution and was unsuccessful. I apologize in advance if this post is in the wrong section.

Here are the compile errors that I'm getting:

c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../libpthread.a(libwinpthread_la-thread.o):thread.c:(.text+0x2a48): multiple definition of `pthread_create'

..\lib/libpthreadGC2.a(dkfts00036.o):(.text+0x0): first defined here

c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../libpthread.a(libwinpthread_la-thread.o):thread.c:(.text+0x3000): multiple definition of `pthread_detach'

..\lib/libpthreadGC2.a(dkfts00038.o):(.text+0x0): first defined here

c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../libpthread.a(libwinpthread_la-mutex.o):mutex.c:(.text+0x498): multiple definition of `pthread_mutex_unlock'

..\lib/libpthreadGC2.a(dkfts00054.o):(.text+0x0): first defined here

c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../libpthread.a(libwinpthread_la-mutex.o):mutex.c:(.text+0x55c): multiple definition of `pthread_mutex_init'

..\lib/libpthreadGC2.a(dkfts00050.o):(.text+0x0): first defined here

c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../libpthread.a(libwinpthread_la-mutex.o):mutex.c:(.text+0x924): multiple definition of `pthread_mutex_lock'

..\lib/libpthreadGC2.a(dkfts00051.o):(.text+0x0): first defined here

c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../libpthread.a(libwinpthread_la-mutex.o):mutex.c:(.text+0xa18): multiple definition of `pthread_mutex_destroy'

..\lib/libpthreadGC2.a(dkfts00049.o):(.text+0x0): first defined here

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've followed each step multiple times and I am unable to figure out the solution.
Any help is much appreciated :)

9 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #195628 Re: Need quick help - Compiling_EOSERV

You are not including libpthread in your build. Add that and you should be fixed.

9 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #195629 Re: Need quick help - Compiling_EOSERV

First of all, thank you for a quick reply.

I though I did include it. I did implement the following step from the guide:

• Open the EOSERV project file (eoserv\project\mingw.cbp). Code::Blocks will load the project. Open Project > Build options and go to the Search directories tab. Go to the Compiler tab. Add"..\include" (without quotation marks). Go to the Linker tab. Add "..\lib"

And when i look into the Eoserv/lib folder, I do see the 'libpthreadGC2' file. Is this not correct? If not then what step am I missing?

9 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #195630 Re: Need quick help - Compiling_EOSERV

When codeblocks is open right click eoserv select build options go to linker settings and put this -lpthread

in other linker options.

9 years, 46 weeks ago
Post #195632 Re: Need quick help - Compiling_EOSERV

Hey,

On top of the old errors, now I'm getting this as well:
c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -l-lpthread
c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -l-lpthread

This has to be easier than this...

9 years, 46 weeks ago
Post #195639 Re: Need quick help - Compiling_EOSERV

It looks like yo added an extra -l   -l-lpthread its just -lpthread

9 years, 46 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Need quick help - Compiling_EOSERV