EOSERV Forum > Programming > How to Create and Use pointers
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 >>
How to Create and Use pointers
Post #195496 How to Create and Use pointers

I've read this article twice but there's too many words and i can't grasp the ideas: https://eoserv.net/wiki/Simple_Explanation_of_Pointers

Basicly here's my environment:

File1.cpp

File2.cpp

File3.cpp

I want to do some work in File1 and File2. That work will be saved in File1Variable and File2Variable.

Now I want to go in File3 and make a pointer that points to File1Variable and another for File2Variable so that I can obtain their values. How would I got about doing this?

Thanks,
-Alex

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
10 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #195499 Re: How to Create and Use pointers

That's a lot of information on pointers, however I would recommend watching a video on pointers first. Then later once you get a basic understanding of pointers readi up on that article to clarify remaining questions.

This is a great video to watch; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0aE-w61Cb8

I'd rather watch a video or be in a classroom being taught by a teacher rather than reading a block of text. That's just me though. :P

ALSO; Here is a personal tip from me. If you're new to programming and you're already trying to get into pointers I would recommend learning and mastering the basic concepts first (IF's, ELSE's, CLASSES, NAMESPACES, ETC).  Because if you want to master pointers you should have mastered CLASSES. I've been using C++ as my main programming language for over 4 years and I still come across things that confuse me on a daily basis (of course not as bad when I started). 

Once you're good with pointers research "Polymorphism or polymorphic classes".

---
I forgot what I was going to write...
10 years, 11 weeks ago
Post #195501 Re: How to Create and Use pointers

thanks again Jimbo. I just needed how to use the syntax and the video explained perfectly. :D

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
10 years, 11 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Programming > How to Create and Use pointers