EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Adding Uniqueness to EO Private Servers
Page: << 1 >>
Adding Uniqueness to EO Private Servers
Post #195065 Adding Uniqueness to EO Private Servers

I'd like to introduce a new kind of gameplay to the Endless Online Private Server community. I don't believe this has ever been done before. I've got plenty of ideas that I'd like to put into action. All of these ideas are unique and make the game a ton of more fun.

In Endless-Online, or Endless-Online private servers the whole aspect of the game is to just farm NPC's and take their loot, use it, sell it, make money, buy items, do quests, etc.. This gets very boring after a while. Why not try something new that will keep players busy and keep them having fun and not getting bored, why not introduce something new that's not sitting in a map farming NPC's all the time to level up your character so you can get to a really high level and reborn, get a high reborn level, get a lot of stats, get a lot of good equipment.

I'm working the server right now.. This server is player-based, player based economy. All of the players are going to have to rely on other players for specific needs....

The server is based with 5 classes, all of these classes have a major role in the game...: fighter, mage, archer, crafter, citizen.

Fighter: A fighter is a fighter.. There isn't too much to say about a fighter, but fighters can equip fighter items only. Fighter items such as swords, spears, armors, etc.. These items mainly have high stats in constitution and strength. A fighter is a tanky-class, so they can deal a lot of damage and take a lot of damage. A fighter is not ranged, and cannot have any spells, bows, or arrows.

Mage: A mage is a character who can obtain almost every spell in the game. Spells are very useful in PvE and PvP. Mages are a very important class in the game if you're traveling with a group/guild. Mages can potentially be very strong if you get the right equipment and spells for the mage.

Archer: An archer is a ranged class. There are tons of different kinds of bows in the game, and an archer is similar to a fighter. They can sometimes be tanky once you start getting really good equipment for them and can potentially deal a lot of damage if equipped the right bow. Can also obtain 2-4 skills in the future once created, related to archery. But will use up all of the mana per use of one skill.

Crafter: And here we go. A crafter, a crafter is one of the most IMPORTANT classes of the game. Other classes like warriors, mages, archers CAN craft their own items. But they are VERY limited. They can craft basic items for themselves but they are never at the peak stat-wise. Crafters will be able to craft advanced gear, such as highly statted fighter swords, and armor, and mage armor, weapons, archer bows, arrows, etc.. There are tons of things to craft, TONS, and the materials can be obtained by fighters/mages/archers/citizens, by killing NPC's and obtaining their remains and selling them/giving them to crafters. And the crafters will be able to craft items with the materials. Citizens will be able to give/sell the crafters minerals, wood, etc.. Crafters are very important.

Citizens: Again, citizens are also one of the most important classes of the game... I may plan on renaming the class name later on once I think of something creative, but citizen will work for now. Citizens can mine rocks, chop wood, fish, shave NPC's, cook, and importantly, they can create pets! Pets can be obtained by fighters/mages/archers killing NPC's and have a rare chance of dropping a "Pet Receipt." A pet receipt is useless until given/sold to a citizen which the citizen can then use the crafting system to turn the receipt into a working pet receipt which can then be used to turn into a pet! And the working pet receipts can be sold to other classes or given!

As you can see in the classes, this is how everybody relies on each other. And I think it's a very important aspect of the game.

One thing that bugs me. Is potion spamming. Potion spamming in PvP or PvE isn't fun. You'll just never die. Thus; I put a time limit on how often you can use one hp or tp healing potions. For example, small mana potions can only be used 1 every 30 seconds, and they give you 30tp. small health potions, you can only use 1 every 30 seconds, and they heal you 30hp. Which this also gives a crafter a unique roll, where they can craft/edit new potions and make the potions even better than they were before, and can even lower the amount of time you have to wait before using each healing method. Anyways, I don't want to give out too much information of the game because I want to make it somewhat mysterious and make people find things themselves.

Gold & Exp: Yes! Gold and EXP are very hard to get! For example; sheep only give you 5 EXP. 1000+ gold is somewhat hard to get, depending on the method you use. Why is this? Because, EXP and Gold aren't important aspects of this game, important aspects of this game are quests, storylines, guilds, pvp, dungeon raids, etc.. You get 16 stat points per level, but then again, stat points aren't going to be very useful because most of your hitpoints/health/skills are going to be coming from items you get. But the stat points will still be useful in ways I won't be telling you yet ;). Gold isn't very useful, unless you use it as a currency with other players to sell/buy items, but you can't really buy anything from the vendors(shops) besides things you can get from killing NPC's (sheep meat, sheep ribs, etc..) Also gold can be used to create a guild, (creating a guild costs 5000g). I'm hoping for this game to be very party/guild-based. So guilds and parties do quests together, and go into dungeons together to help each other out. Being a lone wolf isn't the best thing to do. Because it's best you have a couple people with you if you plan on fighting bosses. And some quests DO require having a party.

OKAY
Enough of all of this text! Wow, if you all actually read this, then thank you! I hope you have some interest in this server and plan on trying it out once it is released! I promise you I will have a better advertisement with less text, and more pictures/videos next time! I just wanted to try to get a few people actually interested and get some feedback! To be honest, I've been working on this myself for the past 2-3 days and I only have one town in. I've worked on it only a couple hours a day and I've been procrastinating a lot. But yeah, I created the starting class choosing (you can only choose your class once for one character) and all of their items for their class. Only about 5 houses in the town, I finished the houses inside with shops, skill masters, banks, guilds and such. But yeah. I hope I interested some people and I hope to see some feedback! Next advertisement will be a lot more nice, I promise! Happy. If you read this, then thank you! I'd appreciate feedback! Have a nice day!

I'd also like to mention I'm developing this game myself! And would love to hire some kind people to help me develop it! I'm mostly interested in artists/client designers. And maybe a mapper or two. Just leave a reply if you're interested! Happy

-sorry, I know this isn't in the correct section. but you guys removed the advertisement section and all... Soo..... I don't know..

---
Don't worry, be happy.-Bobby McFerrin
10 years, 29 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Adding Uniqueness to EO Private Servers