Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 >>
Maps
Post #194956 Maps

Just some maps I made for fun :p . Map 3 got re-sized weird since it is a lot wider then it is tall.  And roof tiles also got removed in the screenshoter.

Map 00001:

Map 00002:

Map 00003:

---
Something I do instead of sleeping
10 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #195517 Re: Maps

The first two maps are really good, but there could be a bit more detail on them. Like adding in mushrooms around trees and the yellow/blue/red object flowers around the grass, maybe throw in a few dirt objects on the roads, and the water could also use a bit more detail too.

On the third map, it looks pretty good except it kinda looks weird how it converts into the rocky tiles instead of grass. Although that's mostly because Arvid failed to create anything that would work to do that normally. What I try to do with that is separate the cave from the land by water and a bridge, or I just don't use the rocky tiles until it's the inside of the cave maps. Also, on the part where you put the cave walls in, I would try to make it taller to hide the grass, or use some sort of ground/top/roof tiles to make it look like it's maybe the top of the cave instead of showing the grass and making it look weird for people who get up there. Also there's a random dead tree over the rocks, which is even more weird. Also the same thing with the details using mushrooms by trees and dirt on roads. :p

Other than that, it's not too bad!

10 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #195519 Re: Maps

In both of the first 2 maps you should either completely erase the area with the trees below the dirt path, or add more stuff in that area so it doesn't look so plain.

---
Tire me.
10 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #195545 Re: Maps

Would you consider being a mapper for my server?

---
Forum Ghost V2, Test Player, Mapping Artist, Optimist Prime, Server Owner (Hoodrats PK), Quest
Writer, Amateur Pixel Artist
Curious George
10 years, 3 weeks ago
Post #195550 Re: Maps

Uhm, Sure. Just tell me your server name :/

---
Something I do instead of sleeping
10 years, 2 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>
Topic is locked.