EOSERV Forum > Lounge > Electronic Entertainment Expedition
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 >>
Electronic Entertainment Expedition
Post #194046 Electronic Entertainment Expedition

E3 is almost upon us! Which means I don't think sleeping is an option this week. Who else is going to be having nerdgasms all week?!

Today, Monday is conference day - For me one of the most important days, the big decider!

Up first is Microsoft with their show, starting at 5:30 pm, GMT. They'll be showing off their Xbox One which they've already fucked over, this is their last chance to prove people otherwise... which is unlikely.

Up next is the big boy of developers, Electronic Arts, starting at 9:00 pm, GMT. I expect their show to mainly be about their sporting sector of gaming, thus they might show off stuff like Battlefield 4 etc. It'll be nice to see what new stuff they'll bring to the table as well.

Up next is one of my favourites, they always deliver new exciting games and awesome sequels. It's Ubisoft, starting at 11:00 pm, GMT. Who knows what knew exciting stuff they will show off? Expect alot of Watch Dogs as that's currently their main announced game for next generation.

Lastly, it's the one everyone's been waiting for, it's the one that cannot fuck up as bad as Microsoft. It's Sony, starting at 2:00 am, GMT (I will stay awake, coffee is the key). They will finally speak out about all these things which Microsoft have now confirmed for the Xbox One, such as always online, used games etc. All they have to do to win this console war is say ''we're are not making the same mistakes as Microsoft'', that's all. If they do say they're doing the same with their PlayStation 4 then all hell will brake loose. I know that I'll be saving for a PC if shit like that is confirmed. To top it all off, they'll finally show their console. Hopefully it has a bit more shape and looks more futuristic that Microsoft's large black box, which still looks quite nice anyways. 

That's all for Monday and then E3 goes boom! Games, games, games! The ones I'm most looking forward to seeing are:

1. Fallout 4 (please please please)

2. Elder Scrolls Online

3. Dark Souls 2

4. Grand Theft Auto 5

5. Battlefield 4

What are you most excited for at this years E3, what do and don't you want to see?! Try not to get cream everywhere folks!

10 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #194048 Re: Electronic Entertainment Expedition

I heard they weren't going to say anything about Fallout 4 at e3 this year unless if its part of the Playstation 4 conference and why would they show it off there anyway when Bethesda can just do it at theirs? Bethesda could be keeping it a secret, but why would they? Give me that fallout 4 please. Also I am super excited about seeing anything about the elder scrolls online because I can assure you that there will after all that really crappy gameplay leaked. I want to some real gameplay of it just not the towns and maybe I might consider buying it or if they have a beta I will be taking part in that. I don't know much about battlefield 4, but I always wanted to get into 3. It wasn't on steam so I said ahhh I will go buy it later and never did. So I am hoping to get into it if battlefield 4 is any good. My list is basically the same as yours, but I also seen a leaked picture of a new Banjoo game? Let's just cross our fingers that rare will not fuck it up this time. ( They probably will or it might not be even be made by rare. )

* waits for my subscription box fill up with e3 videos... especially angryjoe ones. *

10 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #194051 Re: Electronic Entertainment Expedition

Is it being streamed on the E3 website? 

I'm looking forward to FIFA 14 (that will no doubt be shit), BF 4, the xbox one and ps4 conference the most but i'll probably watch the Elder scrolls online stuff gameplay as well to see if it's worth it.

10 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #194052 Re: Electronic Entertainment Expedition
colbymsn posted: (10th Jun 2013, 09:36 am)

I heard they weren't going to say anything about Fallout 4 at e3 this year unless if its part of the Playstation 4 conference and why would they show it off there anyway when Bethesda can just do it at theirs? Bethesda could be keeping it a secret, but why would they? Give me that fallout 4 please. Also I am super excited about seeing anything about the elder scrolls online because I can assure you that there will after all that really crappy gameplay leaked. I want to some real gameplay of it just not the towns and maybe I might consider buying it or if they have a beta I will be taking part in that. I don't know much about battlefield 4, but I always wanted to get into 3. It wasn't on steam so I said ahhh I will go buy it later and never did. So I am hoping to get into it if battlefield 4 is any good. My list is basically the same as yours, but I also seen a leaked picture of a new Banjoo game? Let's just cross our fingers that rare will not fuck it up this time. ( They probably will or it might not be even be made by rare. )

* waits for my subscription box fill up with e3 videos... especially angryjoe ones. *

The early gameplay designs look fucking fantastic for ESO so if it's anything like those itll be amazing <3
---
Andrewbob - I would be on the fucking copter of rofls

Programmer, Web Developer, and Graphics Designer
10 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #194089 Re: Electronic Entertainment Expedition

Well GF Xbox! Sony have now won by just saying they wont have limitations on preowned games and require internet connection every 24 hours 

Edit: Yep, PS4: $399, Game over Xbox! shame about dead rising 3 though :/

10 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #194090 Re: Electronic Entertainment Expedition

Oh my god, I was a xbox fanboy but this.. This is bigger than all of us. Playstation, you have my money!

---
EOServ Class: Main Player, Mapping Artist, Oldbie
10 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #194091 Re: Electronic Entertainment Expedition
Mackdude posted: (11th Jun 2013, 03:03 am)

Oh my god, I was a xbox fanboy but this.. This is bigger than all of us. Playstation, you have my money!

I am in exactly the same boat as you. I didn't want to accept the inevitable but after that.... RIP Xbox One

+ $4.99 a month for the online features isn't bad

10 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #194092 Re: Electronic Entertainment Expedition

I'm losing my fucking mind right now, I can't even breathe.

10 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #194093 Re: Electronic Entertainment Expedition

I found this, and makes me just want to keep watching E3

http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PlayStation_4_Games

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/List_of_Xbox_One_Games

---
EOServ Class: Main Player, Mapping Artist, Oldbie
10 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #194094 Re: Electronic Entertainment Expedition

MY SANITY IS LOST FROM THIS DAY FOURTH!

10 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #194096 Re: Electronic Entertainment Expedition

Microsoft better start holding onto the pillow. Sony's going in dry.

They just switched an Xbox gamer over the line.

Fucking KINGDOM HEARTS III??? Shut up and take my bank account.

---
King of all Orcs!
10 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #194102 Re: Electronic Entertainment Expedition

My nipples are clenched in the name of Sony.

10 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #194112 Re: Electronic Entertainment Expedition

Well if you are interested in all things technology, and cant wait til E3. Apple announced their plans for the next couple of months and long term plans. Watch the whole video don't just look at the graphics of the ios 7.

http://www.apple.com/apple-events/june-2013/

As for those who are hating on Microsoft because they've made the Xbox one family based ALONG with maintaining their gaming status quo, I really don't see your point. They made it an all in one for your convenience in order to compete with today's market why hate them when they're giving you more then they're competitors. The gaming system is all there and I highly doubt you'll get a much better gaming experience with Sony, and if your expecting that youll be disappointed.  And thats exactly why its cheaper then the xbox one, you get less technology. Why not like the other features Microsoft provides, I mean hey if you wouldnt like to change the tv channel or switch between inputs with a simple hand motion then so be it lol.

10 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #194124 Re: Electronic Entertainment Expedition
R o n n i e posted: (11th Jun 2013, 11:47 pm)

Well if you are interested in all things technology, and cant wait til E3. Apple announced their plans for the next couple of months and long term plans. Watch the whole video don't just look at the graphics of the ios 7.

As for those who are hating on Microsoft because they've made the Xbox one family based ALONG with maintaining their gaming status quo, I really don't see your point. They made it an all in one for your convenience in order to compete with today's market why hate them when they're giving you more then they're competitors. The gaming system is all there and I highly doubt you'll get a much better gaming experience with Sony, and if your expecting that youll be disappointed.  And thats exactly why its cheaper then the xbox one, you get less technology. Why not like the other features Microsoft provides, I mean hey if you wouldnt like to change the tv channel or switch between inputs with a simple hand motion then so be it lol.

The Xbox One is aimed at lazy people. Their DRMs are fucking stupid and only 24 hours of offline gameplay? Fuck that shit. Sony's got the right idea, and they've solidified their place as #1 in my opinion. Then again, I never really did like the Xbox, PS2 was the master race of consoles in my opinion.

Also, the exact same hardware specs are in Xbox One and PS4, you're going to get the same quality but a lot less bullshit from Sony. I might get a PS4 to try it out, but most likely I'll stick with my PC since I can just continually upgrade that to have a perpetually modern gaming device that has backward compatibility with all games ever released for it AND can support emulators for other consoles.

Edit: Also, I would buy a gaming console for gaming, not to be a futuristic remote control for my TV. I don't give a shit about what other kind of technology they might have bundled into it, but having Kinect be a necessity and the mic and webcam active 24/7 is an infringement of privacy in my opinion. Inb4 Jamie "Just turn the damn thing around, lazy ass." The point is, we shouldn't have to turn the camera around to maintain our privacy. We shouldn't have to disconnect this stuff when we're not using it so it's not being used by some company to tailor-make ads to shove in our faces, we should be able to hook it up, play some vidya gaems, blow up some aliens or whatever and then turn it off and not give a fuck about some guy watching us thinking "Oh, these ads will be perfect for this guy!"

The only "console" I'm truly looking forward to is the Steam box. A gaming rig built by Valve with a Linux-based operating system, full Steam support on Linux and ports of the majority of games published on Steam to Linux, it'll be fucking amazing. If Blizzard would port their games to Linux then the Steam box would be my ultimate gaming device. Unless Microsoft gets their heads out of their asses and puts in support for used games without having to pay a fee, without having to have Kinect hooked up in order to turn on the console and without having to check in online every 24 hours, they've just successfully fucked their gaming industry. Also, Xbox Live should be free. PSN is free, and it does damn well. Microsoft is only going at this because it's a cash grab, they don't give a fuck about their customers, they just want the money. Fuck Xbox One.

Edit2: Also PS4 gets Planetside 2. Nuff said.
---
May he now rest under aegis of mirage -
As the sands slowly turn to Elysian fields
10 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #194136 Re: Electronic Entertainment Expedition
Syran posted: (12th Jun 2013, 07:49 am)

R o n n i e posted: (11th Jun 2013, 11:47 pm)

The Xbox One is aimed at lazy people. Their DRMs are fucking stupid and only 24 hours of offline gameplay? Fuck that shit. Sony's got the right idea, and they've solidified their place as #1 in my opinion. Then again, I never really did like the Xbox, PS2 was the master race of consoles in my opinion.

Also, the exact same hardware specs are in Xbox One and PS4, you're going to get the same quality but a lot less bullshit from Sony. I might get a PS4 to try it out, but most likely I'll stick with my PC since I can just continually upgrade that to have a perpetually modern gaming device that has backward compatibility with all games ever released for it AND can support emulators for other consoles.

Edit: Also, I would buy a gaming console for gaming, not to be a futuristic remote control for my TV. I don't give a shit about what other kind of technology they might have bundled into it, but having Kinect be a necessity and the mic and webcam active 24/7 is an infringement of privacy in my opinion. Inb4 Jamie "Just turn the damn thing around, lazy ass." The point is, we shouldn't have to turn the camera around to maintain our privacy. We shouldn't have to disconnect this stuff when we're not using it so it's not being used by some company to tailor-make ads to shove in our faces, we should be able to hook it up, play some vidya gaems, blow up some aliens or whatever and then turn it off and not give a fuck about some guy watching us thinking "Oh, these ads will be perfect for this guy!"

The only "console" I'm truly looking forward to is the Steam box. A gaming rig built by Valve with a Linux-based operating system, full Steam support on Linux and ports of the majority of games published on Steam to Linux, it'll be fucking amazing. If Blizzard would port their games to Linux then the Steam box would be my ultimate gaming device. Unless Microsoft gets their heads out of their asses and puts in support for used games without having to pay a fee, without having to have Kinect hooked up in order to turn on the console and without having to check in online every 24 hours, they've just successfully fucked their gaming industry. Also, Xbox Live should be free. PSN is free, and it does damn well. Microsoft is only going at this because it's a cash grab, they don't give a fuck about their customers, they just want the money. Fuck Xbox One.

Edit2: Also PS4 gets Planetside 2. Nuff said.

Only reason I'm getting PS4 is for Kingdom of Hearts 3 I had cried when I heard it was being developed.

---
Eoserva.
10 years, 43 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Lounge > Electronic Entertainment Expedition