EOSERV Forum > Lounge > Question for anyone willing to answer. Oh and I'm back! :D
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 >>
Question for anyone willing to answer. Oh and I'm back! :D
Post #193614 Question for anyone willing to answer. Oh and I'm back! :D

If anyone remembers me, I started pixeling, but I wasn't too good, had good line work, but  I over-dither'd, couldn't get the shading right and used bad color combos. I've been out of practice, and I am absolutely terrible at it now. 
Which brings me to my question, Should I get back into practice with pixeling? or should I get into Coding/programming ? If Coding/programming , What should i get into? c, c++ , java, website-related stuff, or any of the other various programming languages ?
I bring up the coding as the other option cause I've done very little coding in the past,but the times i did do some coding, it was fun. Pixeling and coding has always been fun for me. I'll eventually do both, but I just want to focus on one subject for now.

I know i should figure this out on my own, but I'm just curious to where the community will suggest me to do.

10 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #193615 Re: Question for anyone willing to answer. Oh and I'm back! :D

Do what you love/like.. not what we think you should do.

---
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)CTronic.org 
I'm Nutso. Keep your fingers out of my butthole.
10 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #193619 Re: Question for anyone willing to answer. Oh and I'm back! :D

It's really up to you, nobody else. Do what you enjoy. If coding is too hard and it gives you headaches, take a break and pixel something. Nobody said you had to choose one topic and stick to it. If you hate coding, don't code. Same goes for any other skill. Find someone who's talented and likes doing it and see if they can help you out. I'm personally more of a coder than a pixel artist, but that's just me.

I'm not going to push you into any topic because if it turns out that you hate it, you'll realize you should have just went with the one that you knew you somewhat enjoy from experience.

And I won't lie, neither of them is easy. Coding takes awhile to get used to, and it will be a little while before you can tackle big projects. Pixel art is the same way, it's hard at first, but just keep practicing and you'll get better. Look up guides for whatever topic you choose and you'll slowly work your way to the level you want to be at. It's nobody's choice but your own on what you want to do. Would you like someone to pick your significant other in real life? I sure the hell know I wouldn't. They'd pick some ratchet bitch or something along the lines, and I'd regret it. Get what I'm trying to say?

---
Create your own destiny, don't let someone else do it for you.
10 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #193623 Re: Question for anyone willing to answer. Oh and I'm back! :D
AustinB posted: (4th Jun 2013, 03:47 am)

It's really up to you, nobody else. Do what you enjoy. If coding is too hard and it gives you headaches, take a break and pixel something. Nobody said you had to choose one topic and stick to it. If you hate coding, don't code. Same goes for any other skill. Find someone who's talented and likes doing it and see if they can help you out. I'm personally more of a coder than a pixel artist, but that's just me.

I'm not going to push you into any topic because if it turns out that you hate it, you'll realize you should have just went with the one that you knew you somewhat enjoy from experience.

And I won't lie, neither of them is easy. Coding takes awhile to get used to, and it will be a little while before you can tackle big projects. Pixel art is the same way, it's hard at first, but just keep practicing and you'll get better. Look up guides for whatever topic you choose and you'll slowly work your way to the level you want to be at. It's nobody's choice but your own on what you want to do. Would you like someone to pick your significant other in real life? I sure the hell know I wouldn't. They'd pick some ratchet bitch or something along the lines, and I'd regret it. Get what I'm trying to say?

nothing is ever truly easy, is it? both option are challenging, but at the same time, fun. which is one reason I chose the two.
Its not so much pushing me to go with one of the topics, I'm more or less asking for a suggestion on which topic I should begin with, should of worded that in instead of "push". and if it turn out i hate one of the option, I can always start with the other one.
But yes, I understand what you're saying. 
10 years, 48 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Lounge > Question for anyone willing to answer. Oh and I'm back! :D