EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > EODEV Information
Page: << 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>
EODEV Information
Post #193994 Re: EODEV Information

Weather is going to be controlled serversided-ly, the advantage of this is so that we can have a 'rolling' effect whereas the rain/snow moves across various maps (although some maps can rain forever).

---
Hmm.
10 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #193995 Re: EODEV Information

Kudos, really nice client. If it gets done so there are any custom clients to eo i will make give eo another try. Add some cool easter eggs :P

---

I sincerely apologize for my posts from when I was 12.
10 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #194489 Re: EODEV Information
hotdog posted: (8th Jun 2013, 08:49 am)

Weather is going to be controlled serversided-ly, the advantage of this is so that we can have a 'rolling' effect whereas the rain/snow moves across various maps (although some maps can rain forever).

that is the best way to handle weather. it  gives developers control over the way weather works in there particular world.

jimmy posted: (7th Jun 2013, 04:29 pm)

hotdog posted: (7th Jun 2013, 04:13 pm)

Hercules posted: (7th Jun 2013, 03:34 pm)

It would also be cool if you could add buff slots and an image in the corner of the screen that shows what buff is currently running and how much time is left. Also a way to click a character and view their information. Not just what they are wearing but how much HP and TP they have as we'll as running buffs. Good job, nice to see some change. +1

Buffs are a good idea! However not so much of a fan as the hp and buff thing, I think that should only be visible if you're in their party. :p Alot of this stuff requires modifications server sided. I might have to include a copy of a modified EOServ if this is the case.

How are you making the weather system? My idea would to have it on a timer, and everyday it its a randomized percentage of (Rain, Sun, Clouds, Hail, Snow) or maybe you could do it to where it all depends on the time of the year. For instance, summer would be sunny 95% of the time, winter would be sunny but chance of rain/snow. I just figured id throw out my idea with that whole system, i'm curious what your plan was for that exactly.

What would be so epic is if you could some how detect a users location, and grab the current weather from that area. so if in cali its sunny, but in new york it was pouring rain, it would display that in game too. That would be pretty fucking epic, but i'm not sure how possible that would be exactly..

the problem with making weather localized to each client would be people from different locations in the world  in the same map would see completely different weather conditions it would be completely confusing and contradictory to creating a virtual world for everyone to experience at the same time.
---
Graphic Artist/pixel artist
( = ̄ェ ̄= )ノ "A Good person can make your day but a bad person can ruin your life~"
10 years, 46 weeks ago
Post #194493 Re: EODEV Information

Hmm this new forum layout is much annoying! But all well. Show must go on!

---
Hmm.
10 years, 46 weeks ago
Post #194497 Re: EODEV Information

yeah the lack of the who's online list and latest post ticker are sorely missed but those that care to are still looking and posting.

back on topic : just excited by your progress with things so far in general Hotdog

---
( = ̄ェ ̄= )ノ "A Good person can make your day but a bad person can ruin your life~"
10 years, 46 weeks ago
Post #194499 Re: EODEV Information

I am very glad you're still working on this and am excited to see .png image support finally completed, though I will have see how well it works first. Don't stop and great work!

---
The good times are killing me.
10 years, 46 weeks ago
Post #194521 Re: EODEV Information

Thought I'd post a minor update notice, Implementing the new GUI wild supplied for me. Looking good so far!

---
Hmm.
10 years, 46 weeks ago
Post #194524 Re: EODEV Information
hotdog posted: (16th Jun 2013, 11:06 am)

Thought I'd post a minor update notice, Implementing the new GUI wild supplied for me. Looking good so far!

Looking forward to seeing it!
---
Eoserva.
10 years, 46 weeks ago
Post #194561 Re: EODEV Information
hotdog posted: (16th Jun 2013, 11:06 am)

eagerly awaiting some screenshots  of the new GUI set up this is exciting and its great seeing this continue to develop. i can't wait to try my hand at some GUI mock ups when i get home in July lol
---
10 years, 46 weeks ago
Post #194579 Re: EODEV Information

Sooo... We seeing any updated progress? Or keeping our thumbs up our bums still?

10 years, 46 weeks ago
Post #194580 Re: EODEV Information
ShydowDash posted: (18th Jun 2013, 10:48 pm)

Sooo... We seeing any updated progress? Or keeping our thumbs up our bums still?

It's only been 3 days since the last update, take a chill pill bray.
---
May he now rest under aegis of mirage -
As the sands slowly turn to Elysian fields
10 years, 46 weeks ago
Post #194589 Re: EODEV Information
Syran posted: (18th Jun 2013, 10:57 pm)

ShydowDash posted: (18th Jun 2013, 10:48 pm)

It's only been 3 days since the last update, take a chill pill bray.

I mean another Screeny, not a updated Log.
10 years, 46 weeks ago
Post #194785 Re: EODEV Information
hotdog posted: (7th Jun 2013, 12:14 pm)

It wouldn't be hard to implement that at all, and I have considered it already :) It's on my list of things to maybe do once I finish everything else lol. I need to know the feel of the game before I add big things such as zoom features first hah

I don't see how this would work. Does eomain not limit map updating to a range just like eoserv does? or can you just request any part of the map at any time?
---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
10 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #194816 Re: EODEV Information
Hacker_Alex posted: (13th Jul 2013, 03:55 am)

hotdog posted: (7th Jun 2013, 12:14 pm)

It wouldn't be hard to implement that at all, and I have considered it already :) It's on my list of things to maybe do once I finish everything else lol. I need to know the feel of the game before I add big things such as zoom features first hah

I don't see how this would work. Does eomain not limit map updating to a range just like eoserv does? or can you just request any part of the map at any time?

The server does not limit the client(s) to how large of a portion of the map it'll display. It will, however, as you said, not show out of range players/NPCs by default. (Using EOSERV, not even a possibility).

EOMain has this slight flaw of returning replies for NPCs out of range, so you can pretty much see where any of them are (same map only). I forgot how it reacts to player data. I think it's the same, but you have to be on the same map too.
---
Wish upon a star!
10 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #194817 Re: EODEV Information

I don't think that is actually a flaw. Considering the fact that the mini-map must use out of range data, it is probably necessary. if you are building your own you should redesign the mini-map feature completely. It seems a bit ugly on the EO client.

10 years, 41 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>

EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > EODEV Information