EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > EODEV Information
Page: << 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>
EODEV Information
Post #193889 Re: EODEV Information
hotdog posted: (7th Jun 2013, 05:46 am)

Xlembros posted: (7th Jun 2013, 05:18 am)

i have a question and its been on my mind since you first mentioned changing the way eodev uses graphics.
Wont we need a new map editor one that's also open source so that people can fully implement customization of graphics and maps?

i could be wrong here but it crossed my mind when discussing map editing with my mapping friends

Yes eventually. However I do plan on making conversion tools in the future. However I am also contemplating adding an XML map script tool and just use the original EOmaps. 

still it would be great to have a map editor that functions more like an art program because in reality mapping is an art form in it self.and the limitations of the current map editors functionality has plagued allot of people who do use customized graphics.i know you currently have your hands full with the client and such and im not trying to be pushy about it.
---
Graphic Artist/pixel artist
( = ̄ェ ̄= )ノ "A Good person can make your day but a bad person can ruin your life~"
10 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #193890 Re: EODEV Information

i have a question and its been on my mind since you first mentioned changing the way eodev uses graphics.
Wont we need a new map editor one that's also open source so that people can fully implement customization of graphics and maps?

i could be wrong here but it crossed my mind when discussing map editing with my mapping friends

Yes eventually. However I do plan on making conversion tools in the future. However I am also contemplating adding an XML map script tool and just use the original EOmaps. 

You mean actually making maps into .xml files? That's similar to what me and Terry tried doing with items back in the day. It allows for extra customization that the pub files don't allow, comes in very handy, we were able to test weapons that healed friends when you hit them, weapons that did more damage against certain mobs, and that sort of thing. I think you could probably add extra map customization if the server loaded the xml files.
---
May he now rest under aegis of mirage -
As the sands slowly turn to Elysian fields
10 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #193891 Re: EODEV Information
Xlembros posted: (7th Jun 2013, 05:59 am)

still it would be great to have a map editor that functions more like an art program because in reality mapping is an art form in it self.and the limitations of the current map editors functionality has plagued allot of people who do use customized graphics.i know you currently have your hands full with the client and such and im not trying to be pushy about it.

Haha yeah if I was to make a map editor it would be much more developer friendly but at the cost of only being able to update the clients maps on a game version up (like MapleStory),  I think it's better off like this :P
Syran posted: (7th Jun 2013, 06:05 am)

hotdog posted: (7th Jun 2013, 05:46 am)

Xlembros posted: (7th Jun 2013, 05:18 am)

You mean actually making maps into .xml files? That's similar to what me and Terry tried doing with items back in the day. It allows for extra customization that the pub files don't allow, comes in very handy, we were able to test weapons that healed friends when you hit them, weapons that did more damage against certain mobs, and that sort of thing. I think you could probably add extra map customization if the server loaded the xml files.

That's exactly what I was planning :p However I'm going to probably add the map(images and XML) in to a data file which EODev treats as a generalized map resource, this is the approach most game developers take. XML files are truly great when you know how to use them! 

---
Hmm.
10 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #193892 Re: EODEV Information
hotdog posted: (7th Jun 2013, 06:24 am)

Haha yeah if I was to make a map editor it would be much more developer friendly but at the cost of only being able to update the clients maps on a game version up (like MapleStory),  I think it's better off like this :P

That's exactly what I was planning :p However I'm going to probably add the map(images and XML) in to a data file which EODev treats as a generalized map resource, this is the approach most game developers take. XML files are truly great when you know how to use them! 

perhapse then a launcher/patcher feature in the client would remedy that issue by automatically updating the client when logging into the game.just food for thought.
---
( = ̄ェ ̄= )ノ "A Good person can make your day but a bad person can ruin your life~"
10 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #193893 Re: EODEV Information
Xlembros posted: (7th Jun 2013, 06:36 am)

hotdog posted: (7th Jun 2013, 06:24 am)

perhapse then a launcher/patcher feature in the client would remedy that issue by automatically updating the client when logging into the game.just food for thought.

I agree, I think it's important to have update-able maps somehow without new versions.
---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
10 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #193894 Re: EODEV Information

Oh that's what I meant Xlembros, anyway, I'll think more on it when the time comes :p Thanks for the input though!

---
Hmm.
10 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #193895 Re: EODEV Information

Sick! Do you know what would be even better? Dynamic viewports ;) So the characters stay the same size all the time, but the bigger your screen / res the more of the map you see :O ?! Great progress btw! Can't wait to see how far this can go!

---
If money doesn't grow on trees, then why do banks have branches?
10 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #193905 Re: EODEV Information
DanScott posted: (7th Jun 2013, 08:04 am)

Sick! Do you know what would be even better? Dynamic viewports ;) So the characters stay the same size all the time, but the bigger your screen / res the more of the map you see :O ?! Great progress btw! Can't wait to see how far this can go!

thats a great idea dynamic resizing would be good.so would being able to zoom in on your character via your mouse wheel  say normal 1:1 being fully zoomed out and you could zoom in up to 3 - 4 times  using a anti aliasing algorithm like 2xsal or super eagle to smooth the pixels when zoomed in
---
10 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #193915 Re: EODEV Information

It wouldn't be hard to implement that at all, and I have considered it already :) It's on my list of things to maybe do once I finish everything else lol. I need to know the feel of the game before I add big things such as zoom features first hah

---
Hmm.
10 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #193944 Re: EODEV Information

It would also be cool if you could add buff slots and an image in the corner of the screen that shows what buff is currently running and how much time is left. Also a way to click a character and view their information. Not just what they are wearing but how much HP and TP they have as we'll as running buffs. Good job, nice to see some change. +1

10 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #193945 Re: EODEV Information

Yeah, target selecting would be a whole new ball game with combat, but that would probably be added after the other main features are added. 

---
Andrewbob - I would be on the fucking copter of rofls

Programmer, Web Developer, and Graphics Designer
10 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #193951 Re: EODEV Information
Hercules posted: (7th Jun 2013, 03:34 pm)

It would also be cool if you could add buff slots and an image in the corner of the screen that shows what buff is currently running and how much time is left. Also a way to click a character and view their information. Not just what they are wearing but how much HP and TP they have as we'll as running buffs. Good job, nice to see some change. +1

Buffs are a good idea! However not so much of a fan as the hp and buff thing, I think that should only be visible if you're in their party. :p Alot of this stuff requires modifications server sided. I might have to include a copy of a modified EOServ if this is the case.
---
Hmm.
10 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #193952 Re: EODEV Information
hotdog posted: (7th Jun 2013, 04:13 pm)

Buffs are a good idea! However not so much of a fan as the hp and buff thing, I think that should only be visible if you're in their party. :p Alot of this stuff requires modifications server sided. I might have to include a copy of a modified EOServ if this is the case.

How are you making the weather system? My idea would to have it on a timer, and everyday it its a randomized percentage of (Rain, Sun, Clouds, Hail, Snow) or maybe you could do it to where it all depends on the time of the year. For instance, summer would be sunny 95% of the time, winter would be sunny but chance of rain/snow. I just figured id throw out my idea with that whole system, i'm curious what your plan was for that exactly.

What would be so epic is if you could some how detect a users location, and grab the current weather from that area. so if in cali its sunny, but in new york it was pouring rain, it would display that in game too. That would be pretty fucking epic, but i'm not sure how possible that would be exactly..

---
CN:BH 4 lyfe
10 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #193953 Re: EODEV Information
jimmy posted: (7th Jun 2013, 04:29 pm)

How are you making the weather system? My idea would to have it on a timer, and everyday it its a randomized percentage of (Rain, Sun, Clouds, Hail, Snow) or maybe you could do it to where it all depends on the time of the year. For instance, summer would be sunny 95% of the time, winter would be sunny but chance of rain/snow. I just figured id throw out my idea with that whole system, i'm curious what your plan was for that exactly.

What would be so epic is if you could some how detect a users location, and grab the current weather from that area. so if in cali its sunny, but in new york it was pouring rain, it would display that in game too. That would be pretty fucking epic, but i'm not sure how possible that would be exactly..

Its possible but its hardware limited pretty sure. And also, I wouldnt bother releasing an eoserv for it, I would just release the packet structures added for all of the stuff so we can add it ourselves.
---
Andrewbob - I would be on the fucking copter of rofls

Programmer, Web Developer, and Graphics Designer
10 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #193955 Re: EODEV Information
Wildsurvival posted: (7th Jun 2013, 04:32 pm)

jimmy posted: (7th Jun 2013, 04:29 pm)

Its possible but its hardware limited pretty sure. And also, I wouldnt bother releasing an eoserv for it, I would just release the packet structures added for all of the stuff.

Yeah, that would be fucking epic though haha. And i think that it would be better to release a EOServ for the client
---
CN:BH 4 lyfe
10 years, 47 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>

EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > EODEV Information