EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > EODEV Information
Page: << 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>
EODEV Information
Post #185966 EODEV Information

I'll be using this as my main EODev information & release thread for the future. Who know's - maybe even someone could sticky it? ;)

Still on the EODEV bandwagon. To those of you who don't know what EODev is - it's an EOClient remake made in c++. More information can be found here.

The client will no longer be OPEN SOURCE as I feel this will beget exploiters to other servers, and none of you have built on anything that I have already released anyway. Plus I'd rather not release the source and see a bunch of dick mongers add one or two modifications and claim it as their own. Maybe once I've finished adding what I want added will I release it - I certainly don't plan on doing the old Harold Vult and leaving you all with another closed source client to play with. 

Features I will/have already added:

• Full support with the official game server. (game.endless-online.com) done
  • Weather effects (Rain, Snow, Day, Night - Arvid did the artwork but Vult never added them.)
  • Better resource file management (No more .EGF files!) - I will be using zLib and LibPng for this which brings me to the next point.
  • Support for .PNG image files! Now all you pixel artists will be able to add transparency into their pixels.
  • Image coloration. (Any item that is considered 'gray' can be recolored - kind of like the multi colored imps in diablo 2)
  • Extended item stats when mouse is over in inventory - more then just the item name (Was implemented in EODEVC#)
  • Item stats visible in other players paperdolls.
  • Client sided pet features.
  • Auction house (Similar to cascades EOR Auction house)
  • Message System (Also similar to cascades.)

Features I'm considering adding:

• Item shop - kind of like maplestorys cash shop, pay real cash for content. (I think this will ruin the EO 'feel' though.)
  • Got any more? Inbox or reply below!

Features I won't be adding:

• Alot of things I'm sure.

TODO list (very rough):

• Create sockets using Ptypes  done
  • Account creation  done
  • Account login  done
  • Character creation  done
  • Character deletion done
  • Map reading and rendering  done
  • .Pub file reading done
  • Character login  done
  • Character movements  done
  • .Eogf file writing & reading using zLib & .LibPng done
  • .Png image support done
  • Login and Map reading and rendering rewrite using new data files done
  • Map effects (Rain,snow etc V3.0 Will be released here0%
  • Add the GUI (Chat box, skills tab, inventory etc. V4.0 Will be released here) 30%
  • Add extended item stats to the inventory 0%
  • Add player paperdolls. 0%
  • Add NPC's (V5.0 Will be released here) 0%
  • Eat a burrito 800%
  • Pet features (V6.0 Will be released here) 0%

Latest revision 2.0

In game weather effect test:

---
Hmm.
11 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #185968 Re: EODEV Information

Hey Hotdog,

Glad to see that you're still working on this. Hasn't been any good client for EO yet but this keeps my hopes up. I'll definatly take a look at how things are done client to server sided. I've never really took practice on that aspect regarding C++.

PS: You switched Binairy with Source and Source with Binairy in your links.

---
"Pineapples and shit."
11 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #185969 Re: EODEV Information

aha "Eat a burrito - 300%" bet that felt good :P also.. It could be worth trying a kind of "Plugin" or "Scripting" system if you will for the client, so that server admins or w/e can modify the client without even needing the source, and some way of making sure that once the server admin has done what he wants to do and ships out his client, then the users can't modify it themselves? Idk, just a rough idea so you don't necessarily have to give away the source. I know sordie was working on a similar system for her Kalandra II project, even though it wasn't EO related, it was still a pretty neat idea. But yeah I'm looking forward to see where this client goes :) I wish you luck with it! 

---
If money doesn't grow on trees, then why do banks have branches?
11 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #185973 Re: EODEV Information
Ananas posted: (5th Mar 2013, 08:21 am)

Hey Hotdog,

Glad to see that you're still working on this. Hasn't been any good client for EO yet but this keeps my hopes up. I'll definatly take a look at how things are done client to server sided. I've never really took practice on that aspect regarding C++.

PS: You switched Binairy with Source and Source with Binairy in your links.

Thanks haha I don't know how I mixed that up! And thankyou Danscott :)
---
Hmm.
11 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #185976 Re: EODEV Information

How many threads does the client maintain?

I am also working on a client, and my current item to work on is sound. Where are you with that? It's actually quite the bitch when you do it yourself :P but it is worth the experience. I am not near as far as you, but I have started over quite a few times.

---
http://www.addipop.com
11 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #185977 Re: EODEV Information

im really glad to see your taking this further and are improving upon the way the client functions in contrast to the original Endless client also your talk of using .png format for graphics is just what needs to be done and changing the way graphics are encrypted in the client to prevent  art thieves is also much appreciated.also glad to hear your implementing day/night and weather as a standard feature.i understand worrying about people using the source to exploit servers there are some nasty folks in the comunity who take joy in doing things like that or do so out of spite and jealousy and as you said there are also those who are egocentric enough to take your source and claim it was they're own.as Danscott suggested a pluggin or scripting system would make leaving the client closed sourced possible and still give developers freedom to add features to there own servers client.

Addison posted: (5th Mar 2013, 12:25 pm)

How many threads does the client maintain?

I am also working on a client, and my current item to work on is sound. Where are you with that? It's actually quite the bitch when you do it yourself :P but it is worth the experience. I am not near as far as you, but I have started over quite a few times.

i think he intends this one to be the thread to follow from this point on considering his suggestion that some one "Sticky it" also im interested in hearing about your client and your progress and what language your using to make it and what your plans are for the client.are you going to release the source or do as Hotdog suggested partially open sourced?
---
Graphic Artist/pixel artist
( = ̄ェ ̄= )ノ "A Good person can make your day but a bad person can ruin your life~"
11 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #185978 Re: EODEV Information

Cant wait to see you get it finished.

11 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #186017 Re: EODEV Information

Very promising. It's great to see you talking about this again, really.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
11 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #186069 Re: EODEV Information

Eat a burrito is very interesting.

---
56616C68616C6C612053746F7279
11 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #186161 Re: EODEV Information

I just replied to your blog. I'll re post it here:

I actually just messaged Sausage about remaking Endless. I've played since the beginning (middle school) and have even put some artwork and music into the official Endless Online. I haven't been in contact with vult as It's been many years and I honestly can't remember my email from middle school lol.

I would be interested in hosting a server as I have a few extra's available. They may be Extra's but it would work for at least 500 players. I would love to actively work on getting this game back into the world. I haven't had the chance of looking around this site yet so I'm not sure if there's an active dev team for a bigger project but if there's not I would be interested in starting one. If so, shoot me an email @

lostsagahq@gmail.com

OT: I'm glad this game is still getting somewhat worked on. I remember waiting in the cave for hours with loads of people trying to get the cloud sword. Then the big bank block when we ran around in turtle and devil suits.

Chaos has yet to give me back my Devil suit that he "Borrowed".

I'm going to hunt that musician down and demand it back. :P

11 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #186290 Re: EODEV Information

Thank you guys. I'm experimenting with ambient lighting effects right now, I think it will really improve the game play! And result in more effective shadows, Plus day and night and weather effects would look fantastic with this. I'll post some screenshots of what I've got for now in the future some time :)

The goal is something kind of like this. Hahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXP4Pi98MO8

Inb4 it's game maker, it's just to prove the concept. And yes, I understand this will be harder to implement in an isometric game.

Edit: This proves the concept a little better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F6JVZv2-k4

---
Hmm.
11 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #186291 Re: EODEV Information

The possibilities that could open up for some servers are massive, I'd really like to see that.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
11 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #186436 Re: EODEV Information

>Weather

Oh fuck that sounds cool. Can't wait to see where this project ends up.

---
Forum Ghost V2, Test Player, Mapping Artist, Optimist Prime, Server Owner (Hoodrats PK), Quest
Writer, Amateur Pixel Artist
Curious George
11 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #189720 Re: EODEV Information

Posting an update tomorrow. Site is being updated - new domain, which is why it's down.

Edit: Here's a screenshot to keep ya'll at bay ;p

---
Hmm.
11 years, 3 weeks ago
Post #189725 Re: EODEV Information

Nice! o.o

11 years, 3 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>

EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > EODEV Information