EOSERV Forum > Announcements > Possible auto-login turbulence
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 >>
Possible auto-login turbulence
Post #167386 Possible auto-login turbulence

Auto-login ("Remember me") has been changed to apply to all sections of the website, to avoid having to log in to the forum/wiki/bug tracker separately. Password security has also been upgraded, it's recommended to log out and in once to make sure your account is protected.

To avoid any problems with auto-login possibly failing to work, please delete all cookies (or just the one called "autolog") set by eoserv.net (just this once) after you log out. The old autolog cookie has an expiry date of 10 years and a domain set to '/forum/', '/bugs/' or '/wiki/', and the new one is set to 3 years with the path '/'.

If you have issues accessing your account, send me an e-mail.

To whoever cares about the details: The entropy source and hash algorithm has been changed, and the key-derivation iteration count increased.

11 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #167388 Re: Possible auto-login turbulence

Nice, gonna fix account recovery anytime ?? lol. +1

---
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)CTronic.org 
I'm Nutso. Keep your fingers out of my butthole.
11 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #167389 Re: Possible auto-login turbulence
Cyanide posted: (15th Oct 2012, 02:31 am)

Nice, gonna fix account recovery anytime ?? lol. +1

Planning on it. It's just the email sending that's broken.

Everyone who was e-mailing me should be able to log in now.

11 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #167390 Re: Possible auto-login turbulence

make a mobile-friendly version of eoserv would be good too. the current one looks so... http://i.imm.io/HYSp.jpeg

11 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #167391 Re: Possible auto-login turbulence

Did you try turn your mobile sideways? ;P

You could try this, too: https://eoserv.net/?enable_compact

11 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #167392 Re: Possible auto-login turbulence

yes. >.< the compact version looks better. have you ever thought of using iWebKit ?

11 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #167393 Re: Possible auto-login turbulence

I don't know what iWebKit is, so I can't say that I have.

11 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #167394 Re: Possible auto-login turbulence

after googling... http://snippetspace.com/portfolio/iwebkit/

11 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #167395 Re: Possible auto-login turbulence

I don't think making a completely redesigned interface to the website just for iPhone users is particularly high on the list of things I want to do.

11 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #167396 Re: Possible auto-login turbulence

k. whatever. try making the textarea box be compatible with mobile. i just write posts stopping the page load to open the textbox. http://i.imm.io/HYVX.jpeg

11 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #167397 Re: Possible auto-login turbulence

Mobile browsers, for some reason, don't want to implement ContentEditable. There's a feature request open for it but it's a big job and not high priority. It's easier to just have mobile users unable to post for now rather than trying to lecture them on using HTML.

11 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #167398 Re: Possible auto-login turbulence

this shouldnt be hard to you do ;)

11 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #167399 Re: Possible auto-login turbulence

It's more pointless than hard. It's not worth completely going out of my way redoing a website to accommodate users of 3 inch hand-held computers that don't even run EOSERV.

11 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #167400 Re: Possible auto-login turbulence

okay bro. was just suggestions

11 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #167401 Re: Possible auto-login turbulence

I have to agree with sausage on this, i personally wouldn't create a whole new design just for one type of phone that can't run eoserv. I have a windows phone and mine works just fine with eoserv, with or without eoserv compact mode, but i use the compact mode cause it takes away the unneeded space like search,ads,etc since i only check eoserv on my phone from school when i'm bored.

Edit: Also, I noticed that i have to login every single time i visit eoserv,bugs page,wiki, etc, the "remember me" function isn't wanting to work properly for some reason.

---
CN:BH 4 lyfe
11 years, 28 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Announcements > Possible auto-login turbulence