EOSERV Forum > Artists > Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 43 44 >>
Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)
Post #156884 Re: Iso Pokemon Sprites(W.I.P)

You got my +1

Hope to see this get used.

---
Wish upon a star!
12 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #156891 Re: Iso Pokemon Sprites(W.I.P)

These are awesome! +1

---
Rest in peace. <3
12 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #156894 Re: Iso Pokemon Sprites(W.I.P)

Can't wait to see this pokemon server :D CAN'T wait :) +1 when I'm on the PC

12 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #156895 Re: Iso Pokemon Sprites(W.I.P)

I partly agree with hiuru. You really need to give credits to the creator or the artist and the credits corresponds on the exact amount of credit you need to give.

Also, I remember what matt said "when I had an issue using a pixeled reference", it's a bad habit to use pixeled reference that you might end up copying it. 

So I made my variation of it using the reference.

I provided the colors, shadings, minor changes in the outline.

Obviously, you'll see the difference.

---
-Facepalm Fest = Win-
Hi, I'm Bluee, the Offtopic Prince. Problem?
12 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #156896 Re: Iso Pokemon Sprites(W.I.P)
Bluee(Jozh) posted: (6th Aug 2012, 03:32 pm)

I partly agree with hiuru. You really need to give credits to the creator or the artist and the credits corresponds on the exact amount of credit you need to give.

Also, I remember what matt said "when I had an issue using a pixeled reference", it's a bad habit to use pixeled reference that you might end up copying it. 

They look good, but due to the colours the tiles don't really look very Pokemon-ish.
---
Rest in peace. <3
12 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #156898 Re: Iso Pokemon Sprites(W.I.P)
Elaya posted: (6th Aug 2012, 03:36 pm)

They look good, but due to the colours the tiles don't really look very Pokemon-ish.
I agree, but as an artist. You get the reference, and you apply your style.

---
-Facepalm Fest = Win-
12 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #156899 Re: Iso Pokemon Sprites(W.I.P)

The grass looks good but the highlight could be toned down abit, Also the water doesn't seem to fit nicely. The shrub/Tall grass seems to have a light source from above it not top left of the screen.

@Nerah You know that the Shrubs will have to be done as a object because as a tile your character would stand ontop of them.

---
"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."
12 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #156902 Re: Iso Pokemon Sprites(W.I.P)
Standard posted: (6th Aug 2012, 03:51 pm)

The grass looks good but the highlight could be toned down abit, Also the water doesn't seem to fit nicely. The shrub/Tall grass seems to have a light source from above it not top left of the screen.

@Nerah You know that the Shrubs will have to be done as a object because as a tile your character would stand ontop of them.

I figured that someone would criticize the water part. I rushed it like 30 sec just to fill it in with a random design. "Even though I know that rushing a piece is a bad habit" :P

---
-Facepalm Fest = Win-
12 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #156906 Re: Iso Pokemon Sprites(W.I.P)

I wasn't having a dig but i agree that copied work isn't as impressive as own made work. Even tho if iirc the sprites didn't belong to the authors as they was only ripped from Pokemon not modified so the credit should go to the pokemon creaters

---
"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."
12 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #156914 Re: Iso Pokemon Sprites(W.I.P)
Standard posted: (6th Aug 2012, 04:07 pm)

I wasn't having a dig but i agree that copied work isn't as impressive as own made work. Even tho if iirc the sprites didn't belong to the authors as they was only ripped from Pokemon not modified so the credit should go to the pokemon creaters

Standard is exactly right on this so just end the argument and get back on the original topic. Nintendo created Pokemon so they should receive credit, not the people who ripped off their work and posted it on a website. Look at  http://samdangames.blogspot.com/p/play-ptd-2.html 
Giant Pokemon tower defense site that has been growing over the last 1-2 years. Do they give credit to every single person who helped them create it? No, they give credit to the original creators.

This is the image that is on the loading screen:

---
Former multi-server mapper.
12 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #156918 Re: Iso Pokemon Sprites(W.I.P)
Misca posted: (6th Aug 2012, 04:26 pm)

Standard is exactly right on this so just end the argument and get back on the original topic. Nintendo created Pokemon so they should receive credit, not the people who ripped off their work and posted it on a website. Look at  http://samdangames.blogspot.com/p/play-ptd-2.html 
Giant Pokemon tower defense site that has been growing over the last 1-2 years. Do they give credit to every single person who helped them create it? No, they give credit to the original creators.

that game is really bad lol
---
420Иﻜ0o
"The Lord is a shoving leopard."
12 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #156919 Re: Iso Pokemon Sprites(W.I.P)
Mattâ„¢ posted: (6th Aug 2012, 04:43 pm)

Misca posted: (6th Aug 2012, 04:26 pm)

that game is really bad lol
New one is but the original was ok. Back on topic, will work on a few maps later.

---
12 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #156927 Re: Iso Pokemon Sprites(W.I.P)

Hello Everyone i apologize for my behavior and im not off work yet just on my phone..when i get home i will redo anything that i did not 100% make and Bluee, if you dont mind ill use your Bunny Hop thing..

Thanks 

-Nerah

Edit:

Misca: I will get you the GFX so you can make Maps later Tonight, you will just have to leave out Buildings..

Standard, im using the Tall Grass as a Obj, not a Tile, it lays Perfectly with the Other Tiles :)

---
Things and stuff go here I guess.
12 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #156964 Re: Iso Pokemon Sprites(W.I.P)
Nerah posted: (6th Aug 2012, 06:16 pm)

Hello Everyone i apologize for my behavior and im not off work yet just on my phone..when i get home i will redo anything that i did not 100% make and Bluee, if you dont mind ill use your Bunny Hop thing..

Thanks 

-Nerah

Edit:

Misca: I will get you the GFX so you can make Maps later Tonight, you will just have to leave out Buildings..

Standard, im using the Tall Grass as a Obj, not a Tile, it lays Perfectly with the Other Tiles :)

Should make it an object that rustles when you walk on it. Would probably have to code it in some how.
And as long as you add in the gfx and then send them to me I'm fine with that.

---
12 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #156966 Re: Iso Pokemon Sprites(W.I.P)
Misca posted: (6th Aug 2012, 09:39 pm)

Nerah posted: (6th Aug 2012, 06:16 pm)

Thanks 

-Nerah

Edit:

Should make it an object that rustles when you walk on it. Would probably have to code it in some how.
And as long as you add in the gfx and then send them to me I'm fine with that.

Isn't there already a code that shakes the screen?
Anyways just got off work im going to go shower then ill post the remakes when there finished.
---
Things and stuff go here I guess.
12 years, 8 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 43 44 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Artists > Pokemon Red Online Sprites (W.I.P)